could britney pull off a successful surprise album drop?

If it was her first album post conservatorship yes - the buzz would be there to see what she has to say and what direction she’s goin in. 

if she’s still in the c-ship then I don’t know... I don’t think so. I thought SP was gonna be huge so I don’t know which way is up. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I think she coud but it needs to have a very solid first single, it needs to be a solid album with solid videos. And also it needs major promo when the surprise drops ! She needs to be everywhere on social media ads / apple music ads / talk show / ... to talk about it and be seen. With the demand there is for new music from her right now (not a crave from GP but still) she could totally make it happen. But it would be a loooooooot of work. 

long story short -> she could do it but not with the team she has right now, for that she needs a young motivated and devoted team who takes her seriously and who doesn't market her as a nostalgia act.

• Like 3

I think it would only work if it was a total re-branding for her, like the end of the c-ship and then drop an album full of personal songs and stories, that might not even be THAT personal, like a low level such as Why Should I Be Sad?. It might get some attention, but not sure if would be successful and get a lot of copies.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

No. Unfortunately, she’s lost that spunk, edge and creativity that made her stand out in the 90s and 00s. Unless that fire suddenly ignites in her again, I can’t see anything remotely close to a surprise release a la Beyoncé or Taylor even happening. Then again, who knows.

this... :(

I'm leaning towards a no. 

Apart of her fans, nobody really knows what's happening to her and if she is even still alive...at least in my country the GP is this ignorant...songs like SITS and Matches didn't even go #1 on iTunes in my country and that's after a drought of 4 years without new music so...if that can't even make it go #1 on a platform like iTunes, I highly doubt an entire album will...

Ofc. I see from my country's point of view and could be wrong but I think Britney would need a LOT more exposure before pulling this off.

• Like 1

Yes I do actually. With that said, the timing has to be right. For example, shortly after the conservatorship has been dissolved (making worldwide news) and an announcement she is under new, fresh management. And to be number 1, make sure you drop it at the right time. 

It all depends on how many and which playlists the songs will be inserted, visual performances and MV, the team's timing :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse: and the fans' performance in playing the songs on Spotify.

Many fans perform a lot on iTunes and forget about everything else.  :bieber_justin_smirk_weird:Well, there are several possibilities. There is no correct answer. :outwithit_go_on_wave_britney_femme_fatale_ff_documentary: