Pharrell Williams says nearly all the songs on Justin Timberlake's 'Justified' album were originally written for Michael Jackson

PickleSpears

8 minutes ago, bas che said:

What are the other two?

Toxic and then I heard at some point that Boys was offered to Janet. I also heard it was originally meant for Micheal Jackson and they changed up some of the lyrics for Britney from a woman's perspective which inspired the Co-Ed Remix (the original lyrics from a guy and then Britney's lyrics from a girl).

• Love 2
9 hours ago, CandyCoatedHeartShapes said:

Yep. He probably meant all but one of the Neptunes tracks on the album.

https://www.vibe.com/photos/read-vibe-feb-2003-justin-timberlake-cover-story/vibe-justin-timberlake-cover-story-4

I loved that experimental phase (2001-2002) of pop thanks to the Neptunes mainly, Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo. Then pop had another amazing transitional era in 2006-2007 thanks mainly to timbaland, danja and pharrell williams. 

9 hours ago, PickleSpears said:

Toxic and then I heard at some point that Boys was offered to Janet. I also heard it was originally meant for Micheal Jackson and they changed up some of the lyrics for Britney from a woman's perspective which inspired the Co-Ed Remix (the original lyrics from a guy and then Britney's lyrics from a girl).

Toxic was offered to Kylie Minougue, not Janet :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

• Love 2
9 hours ago, popprison said:

Lool I mean possibly but Justin Timberlake is known to write his own songs. He was very involved in all his albums lyrically and musically. 

Okay but the producer is confirming that most of the his first album was pre-written for someone else lol. And apparently it's easy to get a writing credit by contributing just a tiny bit. Look at Tik Tik Boom - someone did it before Britney and the lyrics didn't change much on her version but she has a writing credit.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, popprison said:

Pharrell said this in 2002. Also, Justin Timberlake wrote most of those songs

6 hours ago, JustLuvMe07 said:

Oh, I thought he said it recently. The OP should've added that information.

Well I never heard that and clearly most people didn't either. The video interview I posted was from 12/19/20 (one day before my post) and the Billboard article I posted was 12/20/20 (same day as my post) so... If you had actually looked into it you would have seen that.

11 hours ago, PickleSpears said:

Okay but the producer is confirming that most of the his first album was pre-written for someone else lol. And apparently it's easy to get a writing credit by contributing just a tiny bit. Look at Tik Tik Boom - someone did it before Britney and the lyrics didn't change much on her version but she has a writing credit.

I hear you. It's also possible JT wrote them for MJ. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, PickleSpears said:

Well I never heard that and clearly most people didn't either. The video interview I posted was from 12/19/20 (one day before my post) and the Billboard article I posted was 12/20/20 (same day as my post) so... If you had actually looked into it you would have seen that.

Yup, Pharrell was more clear and revealed more details this time. In 2002 they were very vague in what and how they would reveal such information.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block