Team B and Britney made a HUGE MISTAKE after 2007

Jamie Lynn Forever

I don't really understand why Team B kept trying to get her to perform the same way she did in her early days during Circus Tour, FFT and POM...

They kept using the same tropes, gimmicks etc as her early days but It didn't fit her vibe/personality anymore .

See this video ? This is exactly the kind of dance routine they should have gone with after 2007. 

Just with a normal mic, more focus on the attitude/gesture and way less dancing. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NotLouTaylor said:

More like a different kind of dancing, adapted to her skills and similar to the video i posted , it would have looked less awkward than the stiff armography and nonchalant hairflips

As for the lipsync, that's solvable. Just pre-record lol 

beyonce has the best pre-recorded vocals in the industry (not shading her at all this is a genuine compliment) and i am SOO mad that britney's team couldnt even have her do something 1/4 as good

But people come to see Britney dance. 

Remember the onyx hotel jazz section,  yeah that actually pissed fans off..

She learned quickly what her fans wanted. And not. 

The industry is about money..

Doing what the fans want is actually important.  Cos that makes it able for another tour..

The circus starring britney spears is still her highest grossing tour to date..

All the US shows was sold out. Unlike the femme fatale tour, that's where trouble began. 

They forced her into an edm direction. might be her most radio played album in the US. 

But pure sales wise it didn't sell a million.  

Had she stayed her urban sound,  we wouldn't be here. But glory while a fan favorite,  was released way too late. That should have been the follow up to Femme fatale..

But britney Jean did more damage.  Might be gold,  but it's her first album to not go platinum in the US..

28 minutes ago, mannequin19 said:

beyonce has the best pre-recorded vocals in the industry (not shading her at all this is a genuine compliment) and i am SOO mad that britney's team couldnt even have her do something 1/4 as good

Domt use vocal tracks to songs yiy recorded at 16. That's another issue. 

Her voice is much different now then when it began. 

Most artists if they are going to. Will go in the studio and record vocals to their current state. 

So basically you wanted her to stop being Britney Spears? :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

I mean, it would make sense if she were performing songs like Unusual You, Blur, Inside Out, etc, but if she keeps performing most of the same songs, why would she stop performing them in the same way? Besides, I WISH they kept doing the same routines and gimmicks and whatnot, but instead they opted for this new kind of choreos that were NOTHING like the classic Britney routines.

I think the Circus Tour choreos really fit HER style at the moment, but people call it the Walkus tour and I don't know what other stuff they complain about, but a clear example is I'm a Slave 4 U or the Mannequin performances. Get Naked, BOMT, IUSA, etc, they were all very natural for 2009ney.

FF was when things just simply didn't click, but if it was to "match her personality" then her personality screamed "I don't want to be onstage right now". Here she barely had to do anything, yet she still looked uncomfortable af.

POM was a good progression in terms of energy, from 2013 - 2016. But those choreographers they hired were a huge mistake. Again, the problem wasn't them trying to do a choreographic show, but hiring the wrong people. Meghan Trainor choreographers and a drag queen designer, really?

Britney always had full-choreo shows, and always made time to slow down things, like for performing the ballads. I do give you the fact that her songs weren't always 100% choreographed, like, she wasn't performing a move every single second of the songs, there were moments where she would just "perform", but I don't think the answer was to completely get rid of choreographies or "gimmicks".

22 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

But people come to see Britney dance. 

Remember the onyx hotel jazz section,  yeah that actually pissed fans off..

She learned quickly what her fans wanted. And not. 

Well, the issue is that the choreographies/dance routines they gave her since the Circus era didn't quite work in my opinion, it wasn't flattering and suitable for her at that time.

they also sent her on a big world tour waaaaaaaay too soon. i mean come on, she got hospitalized in January 2008, and they sent on tour like 13 months later, she did her first Circus tour date in march 2009.  That's way too soon, i bet she got overwhelmed. 

I think that after womanizer she should have retired for a few years to recharge her batteries and make a comeback in 2011-2012.

The biggest problem is that Jamie Spears and Andrew Wallet were CHEAP.

The Circus Tour had money pumped into it, but everything after that was CHEAP.

CHEAP choreographers. CHEAP costumes. CHEAP staging.

I understand that Britney's performing skills weren't up to what they formerly were, so they had to disguise that.

But they did it in the CHEAPEST way possible, which didn't allow her to shine.

20 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

So basically you wanted her to stop being Britney Spears? :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

See, this kind of message makes no sense to me lol. What does being Britney Spears even mean ? "Britney Spears" the blueprint was a construction by JIVE records, it wasn't 100% the real Britney. It was partially a corporate, manufactured version of the real Britney. She ended up being the perfect prototype of excessive pop aesthetics, assumed, fabricated and reflected as such. A dream for record labels. Not that it's a bad thing but... She never wanted to be that kind of popstar , she wanted to make music like Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston. 

The problem is that I feel like a lot of fans are trying to hold on to what the JIVE Britney was, and it's holding her back as an artist. There's a disconnect between the image of her early days and the post-breakdown Britney, and i bet she lost her passion for art because of that. They never let her express herself the way she wants, artistically and that's why she looked uninterested most of the time after Circus. 

It might have been too soon but this was the beginning to where the conservatorship began, and she was basically told what to do, what to sing, what style of music to make..

Basically you're going to be a money making machine, a robot, not a human being. 

I'm pretty sure she didn't want to record circus or tour, but she was given no choice. 

56 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

See, this kind of message makes no sense to me lol. What does being Britney Spears even mean ? "Britney Spears" the blueprint was a construction by JIVE records, it wasn't 100% the real Britney. It was partially a corporate, manufactured version of the real Britney. She ended up being the perfect prototype of excessive pop aesthetics, assumed, fabricated and reflected as such. A dream for record labels. Not that it's a bad thing but... She never wanted to be that kind of popstar , she wanted to make music like Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston. 

The problem is that I feel like a lot of fans are trying to hold on to what the JIVE Britney was, and it's holding her back as an artist. There's a disconnect between the image of her early days and the post-breakdown Britney, and i bet she lost her passion for art because of that. They never let her express herself the way she wants, artistically and that's why she looked uninterested most of the time after Circus. 

And a lot of you have this sort of notion that just because a record label was involved, she hated doing what she did back in the day. Yeah, she may have wanted to do more of the Whitney stuff, but it's not like she disliked what she was doing. Dancing and being a performer in general was something she was doing since she was a little girl, before getting signed to any company. All they did was exploit the talents she already had beforehand. No one forced her to do any of the choreos or gimmicks or wear the outfits she wore throughout her first eras, and tbh, no one has been forcing her to do anything that she's done in recent years either. Lately, choreos are always adjusted from what we get to see in rehearsals to what she ultimately does onstage, and that can't be anyone else but Britney's decision.

And it also applies to outfits and props. For example, the wigs she used to wear for POM was confirmed by Felicia that it was Britney's idea and that she was actually sad that fans hated them. A lot of the outfits from Vegas were actually cut by Britney herself when she wanted to modify them. Clumsy and Change Your Mind had the (current) Britney mark all over them. Throughout her career she's had more input in a lot of details than what many fans want to acknowledge.

There's many things that could've been done better, there are many things that could've been avoided. I don't think completely changing everything she had been doing for years is the solution. And honestly, I do believe she loves dancing as much as singing, maybe even more, and we can see that nowadays on her Instagram. Having a more stripped-down show would require for her to sing live, and it's not that she can't, but that would then lead to either shorter shows or less shows per tour/residency or otherwise it would be very tiring for her (or for anyone tbh). Or then people, ESPECIALLY fans would tear her apart for doing  playback after getting rid of choreography. I think what's missing is a balance. She could perfectly have a few moments throughout a show where she could just grab a mic and sing a song completely live. Instead, we've gotten the Perfume or Alien performances from Vegas. But Britney has always been about the visuals, the spectacle, the moves, the outfits, and that cannot be removed.

I think a better example would be the nfl kick off performance 

Bc she performed more Britney esque songs that were used to that have harder choreography n built the Britney brand but obviously was performed diff Bc she performed with a mic.  I love bom.. but we don’t get many gems like that from her unless more mid tempto songs like from glory and that was 12 years later that are actual singles. I think her performing with an ear piece works with the type of music she releases tbh. I don’t mind her performances with a mic buttt I like Britney performing with an ear piece and running on stage/walking around followed by good choreography breakdown.

I just wish she had better precorded vocals and had her circus/onxy choreography confidence swag/flow back.

But it’d be interesting to think if Britney was a microphone artist would she be as iconic as she is known to be now. Bc she’s iconic Bc of spectacle ... the big production the drama.  which i think comes from her Broadway/Mickey mouse history/training as a child. 

4 hours ago, NotLouTaylor said:

I think that after womanizer she should have retired for a few years to recharge her batteries and make a comeback in 2011-2012.

Her REAL hiatus/retirement out of the public eye should have been in 2004-2005.  If that happened, then 2006-2008/conservatorship never happens.

But she was constantly in the tabloids/gossip news in 2004-2005, when she should have retreated to Idaho or Montana to enjoy her life in privacy and THEN make a comeback later.

3 hours ago, NotLouTaylor said:

That's why In The Zone is her BEST album BY FAR and its Britney's fault for either not leaving her label in 2004-2005, or re-SIGNING a new contract with Jive giving her more control over her music, image, breaks etc... WHEN SHE HAD THE LEVERAGE TO DO SO.

This sounds like a woman cognizant enough to make these changes...

HOW the **** did these things never happen then.  Was it really Larry Rudolph who prevented all this?

Archived