Lou Taylor sent BreatheHeavy a legal letter demanding we retract and apologize for the Courtney Love story within 24 hours or face legal action, so here it is

I’m super late to this party but dlisted still has the article about it up. Way to show how she stalks your site though. I still don’t understand how they can threaten the form when it was posted on many big gossip sites 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1
9 hours ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

No matter how hard she tries to shut it down the signal is already out there. This will never go away, imo.

Tbh she just brought more attention to herself bc now fans are spreading even more about her on twitter and such to prove Courtneys claims.

Did anyone post about the cease & desist letter Sam sent her when she was saying Sam wrote those Britneys emails? Bc those emails are from 2007 and on them it says she was already hanging out with Jamie and that Britney was afraid of her. And she deleted all her comments accusing Lutfi after his cease & desist letter.  I mean, why would she delete it If she was right and could prove it? 

21 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

I've been thinking a lot about how to respond to this because I've been a Britney fan ever since BOMT but once I became a practicing attorney I started looking at things differently.

First let me say - @Jordan Miller while it was 100% the right move to apologize the way you did, at the end of the day, YOU. DID. NOTHING. WRONG (ethically, LEGALLY, etc). From what I gather, you merely REPOSTED a story that included DIRECT QUOTES by Courtney Love. If anybody would be on the hook for libel it would be Courtney, not Jordan.

For anyone uninterested in the legalese, feel free to skip this paragraph. But for those who are interested, defamation can include libel (written statements) and slander (spoken). While defamation laws vary from state to state, and admittedly I am only licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, the basic elements to prove defamation are to show that someone made a false statement about you, which they know is false yet they publish as fact, and as a result your personal and/or professional reputation are damaged, which could include financial loss or emotional distress.

Merely stating an opinion is NOT DEFAMATION, unless you present that opinion as an undisputed fact. Defamation cases are notoriously hard to prove, and TRUTH IS ALWAYS A DEFENSE. This is why celebrities very rarely sue tabloids but often go for the little guy (no offense to Jordan because you swole), meaning someone who may not have the finances to properly defend themselves, even if they did nothing wrong. In order to be liable for the tort of defamation, you must have made a statement that you either knew was false at the time you made it, or showed "reckless disregard" for whether it was true or not.

Which is all to say that most likely if this case went to trial, Jordan would not be found liable. However, in fighting that battle, you would go through the trouble of spending exorbitant amounts of money for an attorney to properly defend you, and unfortunately in these kinds of civil cases, the party with the most resources wins. It's highly unlikely that Loucifer (I think we can unapologetically call her that now) would actually sue, because her attorneys know that truth is an ABSOLUTE DEFENSE to defamation, that Jordan was not the one who made the statements but merely reposted those made by Courtney Love which he had no reason to believe were false, and that if Jordan were sued, both parties would open themselves up to discovery.

In a case like this, LOU DOES NOT WANT DISCOVERY. Because in order to defend himself, Jordan's attorneys would depose Lou, and any other individuals with relevant information, UNDER OATH, and that is where the truth actually matters. Once you are subject to a deposition, you are obligated to tell the truth or else risk being charged with perjury, so if Lou testified with a bunch of lies in order to prove her case, she would be the one in trouble, and she knows that. But she also knows that sending a scary demand letter to a nice guy who is unfamiliar with the law is the most efficient way to get him off her back. It's disgusting, shameful, and an abuse of power by attorneys that make the entire practice of law look bad.

I could go on and on for anyone who's interested in reading more, but honestly as someone who makes a career fighting bullies like this in a professional environment every day, it really upsets me to see this happen to someone who has tried to create a positive forum and genuinely tries to keep discussion open while walking on eggshells to prevent the threat of litigation by these kind of jerks, because clearly they're not going after the users, they're going after the most visible person to send a message. It's pathetic.

@Jordan MillerI sincerely mean this - you have handled this perfectly so far but if you need any legal advice going forward (obviously pro bono because duh Britney Stans stick together), just let me know and I got you. :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

-Andrew

Yasss queen

C6TeBy5.gif

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Slayer said:

Also this:

Was the pic distorted so they cant be sued? Like "this isnt a pic of Miss Lounatic as u can see, this doesnt look anything like the goddess shes in real pics, I was talking about another Lou" :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

The chin strikes a resemblance to the only and one Juno Chynn tho, was that intentional :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

8 hours ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

No problem! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: Hope you feel empowered with all of the support you have on this site as well as from the #FB movement in general. 

Here is a scan that I found on Twitter. 

EpnigJjU0AAIR1I?format=jpg&name=medium

@BritneyHiatus has further debunked Lou's "non-involvement" through court documents, etc stating otherwise.

And yes, we are hoping it doesn't come to that either. It would be in a lot of people's best interest for this site to shut down. We cannot give them that win. A lot of news is disseminated through here and it is vital that this place continues to provide that service to the movement. You did the right thing and handled it in the best way possible, imo.

This actually reminds me of a few months ago when there was a USA Today article clearly written by someone on Team Con that was used to shut down a lot of FreeBritney conversation on Facebook and Twitter as "proof" that the FreeBritney movement was a conspiracy. Note that USAToday did not bother to publish a retraction when their clearly biased, uninformed article, was disproven via Sam Ingham's court documents later on. They are playing a really dirty game. But the truth always wins out eventually.

Im forever disgusted with Lynne calling the cship an impossible dream. Not to mention saying God's name along with this whole bs, these people always want to do bad things to other using God's name in vain and Im not even religious. 

If only Britney had a parent with any decency, empathy and loyalty towards her whatsoever and not only worrying more about her money and career. They make Lindsays parent look like father of the decade. Not only that but after the cship was already in place, she praised Jamies "work" at it saying Britney needed someone tougher. Imagine saying that after talking about Jamies abusive ways on ur book just months before. She was a complicit since the beginning and still is to some degree. I dont know how these people sleep at night.