In a CNN interview, Cher reflects how Jack Nicholson didn't find her young or beautiful at 40

Spicechinodiva

Cher, did a 20 minute interview  with Christine Amanpour for CNN.

Touching her being the only artist from the baby boomers era to actually care about the youth and wanting to stay in touch with the times, instead of forcing out of touch 80s and 90s behavior.

From her LGBT icon and her son Chaz (though mind you a minor scuffle did hurt her when she had to embrace Chaz being trans,  she said I'm a parent,  give mea break, don't write me out cos of initial shock which is norm, I didn't disown him. I acted like most parents would.)

To her politics

To her acting career, which she talks about how she had to do another Avenue to stay relevant as she felt music trends weren't really working for her..she tried 3 disco albums and fell out of love with music. 

It wasn't until her trio of rock albums beginning with 1987's Cher did she embrace music. 

They touch how an iconic role in the witches if eastwick almost didn't happen cos the acting legend  Kack Nicholson,  didn't find Cher at 40 then young and attractive.  

She touches how he wanted her to change her voice to a more feminine tone,  than the deep husky tone she's known for, wanted her to be more feminine like she was in the 70s, instead of the ballet rock chick, which he found unattractive. 

None of her other costars got this treatment from him. 

Ironically most of Cher's screentime was with him in the film. 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived