Are there any Kid Cudi fans here?

I know this a pop music forum, so I was a little hesitant to make a hip hop post. However, Kid Cudi has made a pretty big influence not just on hip hop music, but pop too. Also, my username is Urbanney, so I had to live up to it. :wink_britney_everytime_white:

For those who don't know Kid Cudi, he made a big debut in 2008 with his song Day 'N' Nite and then his first album in 2009, Man on the Moon: The End of the Day. He was one of the firsts to really bring mental health to the forefront of hip hop. Along with Kanye West (808s & Heartbreak), he also was one of the firsts to bring a somber, emotional feel to hip hop that has paved the way for a whole generation "emo rap" artists like Travis Scott and Juice WRLD.

GQ-Nov-110118-KidCudi-01.jpg

His first album was the start of the Man on the Moon trilogy. He released the second installation in the series, Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager in 2010 (one of my favorite albums of all time). The third and final album of the trilogy has been anticipated for the entire past decade, despite Cudi releasing multiple other projects. Unfortunately, Cudi went through quite a few mental health struggles over the years and said in 2016 the third album in the trilogy would never happen. He's made a comeback though after going into rehab for depression and suicidal urges. He released one of his most acclaimed projects to date with Kanye West in 2018, Kids See Ghosts, and last week, Cudi finally released Man on the Moon III: The Chosen.

image.jpg

For a guy who inspired a whole generation of music and helped teens and young adults through mental health struggles before they were as prominent as they are today, it's so incredible to see Cudi really benefitting from rehab, doing better, and finally being in a good enough place to make and release the final album of the trilogy, especially in a year like 2020.

The album is definitely one of my top albums of 2020. 

Are there any Kid Cudi fans here? Have you listened to Man on the Moon III: The Chosen? What are your thoughts?

• Love 5

#FreeBritney

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know this a pop music forum, so I was a little hesitant to make a hip hop post. However, Kid Cudi has made a pretty big influence not just on hip hop music, but pop too. Also, my username is Urbanne

I still love Day 'n' Nite, such a good debut single I enjoyed his new album, some standouts for me: Tequila Shots  She Knows This Damaged Heaven On Earth The voi

Really like Cudi and happy to see more genres getting repped on a Pop forum. Haven’t listened yet, but this is a good Rec. can’t wait to see it 

Posted Images

• Community Curators

My Walk The Moon loving self was not ready for this album. 

This was a very interesting album throught. There was a moment when I had to stop because the thematic bacame a bit overwhelming ("Sad People").

This is an exceptional body of work from Kid Cudi. I had heard of him but I never checked out his music, I guess I will now. 

Standout tracks were,

"Tequila Shots"
"Dive"
"Mr. Solo Dolo III" +
"Sad People" 
"Sept. 16"
"The Void" +
"Lovin’ Me"
"Lord I Know"

Shout out to my sis @Iconic 4 U I had so much fun streaming this album with you :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 2

<<<Magic Begins at Midnight>>> 

56 minutes ago, jflo90 said:

Always been a big Cudi fan! Dare I say I even enjoyed Speedin' Bullet 2 Heaven... :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

Impressive! :surprisedney_britney_wow_shocked_surprised: 

When I start to listen to it, I don't find it as bad as people make it out to be, but then I never get all the way through :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

• Love 1

#FreeBritney

51 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Impressive! :surprisedney_britney_wow_shocked_surprised: 

When I start to listen to it, I don't find it as bad as people make it out to be, but then I never get all the way through :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

Definitely! I really enjoyed it when it came out, but I don't revisit it often other than "CONFUSED!"

• Love 1

I think people need to understand two things about this record. 1. He has already proved himself so the persistent comments (outside of BH) about autotune are really null because this was simply a design choice, not that he needs it. And 2. He has used auto-tune like this in the past so this isn't a new style for him.