The Guardian says Dua Lipa "out Gaga’d Gaga and out Kylie’d Kylie." Do you agree?

3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Where you live, it has sold 40k copies which makes it a gold certified record, so much for a “not discussed” album :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

Not u considering the school you go the whole of Canada :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

And how funny you talk about her being only relevant in North America when Future Nostalgia went top 3 in over 20+ countries (#2 in the country you live in btw :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:) and is eligible for gold in various countries. Plus, Future Nostalgia has sold nearly 2 million copies around the globe and the album didn’t even go #1 in the US lol but she’s supposedly only relevant there :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

Also, New Rules and Don’t Start Now aren’t her only memorable hits when the whole DUA LIPA era and Physical, Break My Heart too have memorability attached to their names considering they have been featured in almost every year-end best pop song list :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

Literally no one knows ANYTHING about her. Girl's name is barely said in the radio. Literally, her name is unknown. Also how is 40k copies an accomplishment, we have like 300 million people living in the country? It's a not discussed record because literally no one cares for it here, it got as much talk as the soundtrack Beyonce did. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

Dua slayed, end of discussion. She delivered one of the best albums of 2020. Don't Start Now is still THAT bop. 

Gaga did what she did i her own way. Kylie did what she did in her own way.

All three ladies delivered, yet Dua stands out. She's a 'newbie', still fresh, while Gaga and Kylie are not. All three of them delivered and there is no need to compare them as all three of them has their own way. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, PickleSpears said:

I didn't bother with it bc almost every single performance she's had until this point has been bad. I just don't see her as a good performer so watching a whole concert didn't appeal to me. Maybe I'll give this a shot if I get bored.

Please do. Trust me. You will change your mind about her. :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped:

11 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Literally no one knows ANYTHING about her. Girl's name is barely said in the radio. Literally, her name is unknown. Also how is 40k copies an accomplishment, we have like 300 million people living in the country? It's a not discussed record because literally no one cares for it here, it got as much talk as the soundtrack Beyonce did. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

The place u live in has a population of 37 million people not 370 million :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: It is a discussed album, considering it has garnered a ton of attention :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

I don't think they are pitting women against each other, it seems like playful competition, it is a business, and people will "outdo" people as far as sales go and performances. Just like athletes. There has to be a sense of competition. And good healthy competition is needed in life.

Saying that, my focus is on whether Dua Lipa will still be around in 15 or 20 years. Which I don't believe she will. Hey staying power doesn't seem strong. And looking at it form that point of view, she falls behind Gaga and Kylie in the long run. She maybe had a great year and "out gagad" them, but will that be the case down the road? Me thinks not :) 

7 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

The place u live in has a population of 37 million people not 370 million :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: It is a discussed album, considering it has garnered a ton of attention :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

Omg I mistook the U.S. population for ours because I was tired. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Girl, for 37 million people, 40k units (with streaming) isn't that good. The album didn't gain any attention aside from its singles. Her MUSIC (singles) are successful but she as a person or Future Nostalgia as an album is not talked about. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

• Haha 1
58 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Girl, for 37 million people, 40k units (with streaming) isn't that good. The album didn't gain any attention aside from its singles. Her MUSIC (singles) are successful but she as a person or Future Nostalgia as an album is not talked about. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

Its good for an album released during the peak of pandemic and lockdown, with early leaks surfacing before its initial release, a sudden change of official release date and a few singles released before the release :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

19 hours ago, HoneyBooBoo said:

Please do. Trust me. You will change your mind about her. :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped:

I'll have to check it out. I do like her, I just don't think she's a good performer/dancer. Last night on SNL kind of solidified that for me too. But I've never watched a full concert by her and I enjoy watching concerts so I'll watch that one sometime. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block