1998 demo of Britney Spears singing "Sweet Kisses" surfaces (later given to Jessica Simpson)

1 hour ago, AndyPoo91 said:

The only Jessica Simpson song meant for Britney was surely Final Heartbreak.... 

Final Heartbreak, even sounds like a song Britney would record 

Coincidentally Final Heartbreak is my favourite song from Sweet Kisses :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

You can totally hear Britney singing it. It would’ve fit in well with BOMT album.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

Y’all saying Britney rejected it, maybe they thought the song wasn’t a fit for her vocally 

I don’t think she rejected anything this was her first album she didn’t have that luxury at this time 

She rejected the original ...Baby One More Time video. Based on the reason for that, we can already assume Britney didn't want to market herself in an extremely childish way but to teens/pre-teens. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

• Love 2
14 hours ago, JackSProductions said:

Definitely her. Heard many times she’d recorded this! It would’ve been one of the first things she recorded, along with BOMT, Wishing On A Falling Star, I Have Nothing & You Got It All.

Apparently she recorded Final Heartbreak as well.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

Y’all saying Britney rejected it, maybe they thought the song wasn’t a fit for her vocally 

I don’t think she rejected anything this was her first album she didn’t have that luxury at this time 

I mean it doesn't fit her vocalstyle she went with for BOMT, so it makes sense. 

One of my contacts I spoke to who worked in the studio with Britney for the debut had this to say. 
Britney recorded many, many tracks for the ...Baby One More Time Album, or as it was back in the early recording sessions ‘Britney Spears’. I was not present for the recording of ‘Sweet Kisses’ but I can remember Britney recording multiple songs which then went to Jessica Simpson. ‘Sweet Kisses’ was on a demo cassette, and if can remember correctly Britney personally loving this song, but felt she couldn’t showcase her vocals very well on the track. This was also the case with another Jessica Simpson track.”

• Love 3