Flashback Friday to the Spice girls Tesco ads

Spicechinodiva

A spice girls reunion or anything when they are a group,  will never be complete without a huge sponsorship deal. 

Their 2019 campaign for the Spice World 2019 UK and Ireland tour had a huge deal with Walkers. They had one in 1997, where Mel B asked a guy in an ad, when was the last time he scored (got laid). 

Their 2007 reunion tour had a uk sponsorship deal with Tesco and a IS deal with Victoria's secret where until January 15 release date, you could only get The Greatest hits cd there for a two month exclusive deal, they sold close to 800,000 there according to the chain. 

But during to not being a neilsen soundscan eligible, it didn't chart until January at #98, cos by that time everybody who wanted the album already had it..

Hell iTunes albums didn't chart at that time as well unless every chain sold it.

They changed that rule thx to a certain beyonce, who also gets credited for forcing the global release date to change to one day instead of five different street dates. 

The 2000 references  iPods, High school music and transformers. 

Plus posh wanting lobster for Christmas dinner. While the other girls look disgusted or typical vicky as they would say. 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Lol what was up with the first commercial?

I never seen this before and this obviously around 2006-2008 cause of the HSM game that Geri was buying

The reunion tour was in 2007-2008.

It was dubbed a farewell tour, and was technically supposed to go longer than it did..

Mel b revealed in 2018, she was the one that cancelled that big tour of all five as she was being abused, by her husband at the same time it all went down..and she was very depressed to be celebrating a legacy that the girls had..

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

The reunion tour was in 2007-2008.

It was dubbed a farewell tour, and was technically supposed to go longer than it did..

Mel b revealed in 2018, she was the one that cancelled that big tour of all five as she was being abused, by her husband at the same time it all went down..and she was very depressed to be celebrating a legacy that the girls had..

Wow really? Idk that.

I feel bad for Mel B, that must've been rough.

I wish I could've went to that tour but I was too young at the time and didnt know much about them.

Oh if only Victoria could've just done one more tour, then it would've been complete.

I do wanna see them live but only if its all 5 of them. I dont want just a small group

Idk why she hates performing, its like shes ashamed of being a Spice Girl, which she shouldnt.

Its sad how my fave Spice Girl is also the one that doesnt like performing or anything :(

8 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Wow really? Idk that.

I feel bad for Mel B, that must've been rough.

I wish I could've went to that tour but I was too young at the time and didnt know much about them.

Oh if only Victoria could've just done one more tour, then it would've been complete.

I do wanna see them live but only if its all 5 of them. I dont want just a small group

Idk why she hates performing, its like shes ashamed of being a Spice Girl, which she shouldnt.

Its sad how my fave Spice Girl is also the one that doesnt like performing or anything :(

She is ashamed cos she's a fashion designer..

But everybody knows, that house is bankrupt. 

Several flag stores in Asia shut down, in the UK she has to borrow from David to keep it alive.  

I don't know what made her think this career was going to last..

Everybody knows its basically done.  

No hope of it coming back.

This has been known when she did that brief target line in the US..

So it's no secret. 

I wonder if British Citizens like @Slayer know how Victoria is ignoring the fact that her days as a designer is pretty much over.  

42 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Wow, it was so great to see those ads. I actually really liked them both, especially the first one. Back to when time is taken to make advertisements :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

I forgot Christmas ads were much more fun in the 90s (m&ms and Santa claus is a blast. 

Ah red m he does exist

Santa they do exist 

Both faint 

Yellow m looks at Santa,  Santa as if he died of shock.

20+ years it's still a classic ad..

• Super Mods
15 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

She is ashamed cos she's a fashion designer..

But everybody knows, that house is bankrupt. 

Several flag stores in Asia shut down, in the UK she has to borrow from David to keep it alive.  

I don't know what made her think this career was going to last..

Everybody knows its basically done.  

No hope of it coming back.

This has been known when she did that brief target line in the US..

So it's no secret. 

I wonder if British Citizens like @Slayer know how Victoria is ignoring the fact that her days as a designer is pretty much over.  

Well it makes sense considering the virus and all. 

No one is gonna go shopping in person and risk getting sick.

And also maybe if her clothing line was cheaper, she'd have more sales.

Her target customers are rich people/celebs

If she tried to make one that was affordable for us regular people, I think she will get a brand new group of customers.

I have always been curious how the clothes are, never seen them.

And she shouldnt be ashamed of being part of a girl group especially one that is the best selling girl group of ALL TIME!
It wouldnt kill her to perform on one concert, she seems like she think shes better than them

At least thats how I see it

Archived