Jump to content

Billboard posts their Top 25 Best Music Videos of 2020


Recommended Posts

  • Content Curators
Quote

You may have grown up feeling like MTV (and/or YouTube) was your gateway to a different, more exciting world, but in 2020, just about any world outside of your own four walls was exciting enough. Some of the best videos of 2020 were properly transportive, taking us to a different place and time, while some of them were just sufficiently distracting from our less-than-ideal current trappings. Either way, they were something to watch, and this year that was not something to be taken for granted.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/list/9494943/best-music-videos-2020-top-25

 

Billboards Top 25

25. Larray, "Cancelled" (dir. Jake the Shooter)

24. Pop Smoke feat. Quavo, "Aim For the Moon" (dir. Oliver Cannon)

23. Karol G, "Bichota" (dir. Colin Tilley)

22. Dua Lipa, "Break My Heart" (dir. Henry Scholfield)

21. BENEE, "Kool" (dir. Alan Bibby & Michelle Walshe)

20. Blackpink, "How You Like That" (Dance Version) (dir. ?)

19. DJ Khaled feat. Drake, "Popstar" (dir. Director X)

18. Haim, "I Know Alone" (dir. Jake Schreier)

17. Bebe Rexha feat. Doja Cat, "Baby I'm Jealous" (dir. Hannah Lux Davis)

16. Machine Gun Kelly, "Bloody Valentine" (dir. Michael Garcia)

15. Perfume Genius, "Describe" (dir. Mike Hadreas)

14. Missy Elliott, "Cool Off" (dir. Daniel Russell)

13. The Strokes, "The Adults Are Talking" (dir. Roman Coppola)

12. Selena Gomez, "Boyfriend" (dir. Matty Peacock)

11. Drake feat. Lil Durk, "Laugh Now Cry Later" (dir. Dave Meyers)

10. Christine & The Queens, La vita nuova (dir. Colin Solal Cardo)

9. Billie Eilish, "Therefore I Am" (dir. Billie Eilish)

8. Kehlani, "F&MU" (dir. Hyphy Williams)

7. Rina Sawayama, "XS" (dir. Ali Kurr)

6. Ariana Grande, "Positions" (dir. Dave Meyers)

5. Bad Bunny, "Yo Perreo Sola"(dir. Bad Bunny & Stillz)

4. Lady Gaga, "911" (dir. Tarsem Singh)

3. Cardi B feat. Megan Thee Stallion, "WAP" (dir. Colin Tilley)

2. Future feat. Drake, "Life Is Good" (dir. Director X)

1. Harry Styles, "Watermelon Sugar" (dir. Bradley & Pablo)

 

 

Do you agree with the list ? 

What was your favorite music video this year ?7-Videos-of-the-Year-2020-billboard-1500-1607378769-compressed.jpg

  • Love 2
Link to comment
  • Super Mods

Selena Gomez's Boyfriend made the list? and (I love Billie but) Therefore I Am is #9? :squintney_britney_confused_huh_what_umm_ok_glory:

I think WAP should've been #1 with Watermelon Sugar as #2. WAP's cultural relevance and quality is just too much for it not to be #1 imo. I'm glad Yo Perreo Sola got recognized.

I haven't seen most of the videos on this list though tbh.

  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/18/2020 at 1:53 AM, Midnight said:

9. Billie Eilish, "Therefore I Am" (dir. Billie Eilish)

6. Ariana Grande, "Positions" (dir. Dave Meyers)

4. Lady Gaga, "911" (dir. Tarsem Singh)

3. Cardi B feat. Megan Thee Stallion, "WAP" (dir. Colin Tilley)

1. Harry Styles, "Watermelon Sugar" (dir. Bradley & Pablo)

1: watermelon 🍉 is like 92% water so I doubt he ever experienced a watermelon sugar high. Probably an electrolytes high or he was just massively dehydrated and needed the 💦


3: should have been number one. They actually put money into the music video and it was grand, provocative, modern etc. Mv was Nicki Minaj level or above :kisses_britney_kiss_blow_womanizer_love_circus:2008:.

4: the video concept has a meaning and there is creativity so since almost nobody can compete with this imo moderate/above average bar this year anyway, it is a just placement :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:. And good for her considering the low views compared to her standards. 
 

6: boring but still something. 
 

7: imagine making so much cash and having such profound influence in modern music culture as Eilish who is like number one rn and you can just get away with walking around in a mall for the mv and that’s thought to be super innovative. She was probably paid in sponsorships by all the store brands shown within the mall on top of that so she probably didn’t spend a dime on it :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:. And obviously no effort. These days man...

  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

1: watermelon 🍉 is like 92% water so I doubt he ever experienced a watermelon sugar high. Probably an electrolytes high or he was just massively dehydrated and needed the 💦

:shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: :orangu_orangutan_ape: 

1 hour ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

3: should have been number one. They actually put money into the music video and it was grand, provocative, modern etc. Mv was Nicki Minaj level or above :kisses_britney_kiss_blow_womanizer_love_circus:2008:

Agreed, that MV wasn't my fave to be honest but it's def way better than "Watermelon Sugar".

1 hour ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

4: the video concept has a meaning and there is creativity so since almost nobody can compete with this imo moderate/above average bar this year anyway, it is a just placement :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:. And good for her considering the low views compared to her standards. 

I personally really like this video, it grew on me actually I didn't really understand it at first. 

1 hour ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

6: boring but still something. 

:shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: I couldn't agree more.

1 hour ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

7: imagine making so much cash and having such profound influence in modern music culture as Eilish who is like number one rn and you can just get away with walking around in a mall for the mv and that’s thought to be super innovative. She was probably paid in sponsorships by all the store brands shown within the mall on top of that so she probably didn’t spend a dime on it :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:. And obviously no effort. These days man...

:mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block