Jump to content

(UPDATED WITH PART 2!) My GP friend reacts to unreleased Britney tracks


Recommended Posts

Hey, everyone! My friend and I launched our new blog today. He's a jazz snob, and I love pop, and we're going to take turns reviewing each other's favorite music (as well as some new releases).

This week, I had him review some unreleased Britney and ITZ era tracks that Britney has writing credits on (a Part 2 with songs from Original DollBlackout, and Circus is coming in the new year). Check it out here:

https://www.beatnikandbubblegum.com/

If you liked our first post, make sure to follow us on Twitter and IG and share with other Britney fans. We're just starting out, so every little bit of love helps. :wink_britney_everytime_white:

Update 1/28: Part 2 is live now!

  • Love 3
  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

This is amazing and really cool, but wouldn't it be more practical to do this on YouTube so that we can see some reactions? That seems to be what all the cool kids are doing nowadays. :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

But I do like the look of the blog. And I peeped his pic, I think the camera would respond favorably to your friend~ :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

Thanks for checking out the blog! This is our first attempt at creating any kind of content, so we figured text posts would be the easiest to start with, but we're not opposed to transitioning into audio/video in the future. Especially now that your comment gave him an ego boost lol.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, MadLoveney said:

I think this concept is so cool :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:  Definitely will be listening

Glad you love the concept! :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing: 

We would definitely consider branching out into audio/video if there's a demand for it, but our first post is a written post that you can find here: https://www.beatnikandbubblegum.com/blog/tbt-britney-spears-in-her-own-words-part-1

  • Like 1
Link to comment
51 minutes ago, CandyCoatedHeartShapes said:

Thanks for checking out the blog! This is our first attempt at creating any kind of content, so we figured text posts would be the easiest to start with, but we're not opposed to transitioning into audio/video in the future. Especially now that your comment gave him an ego boost lol.

No problem! It was a good read. I liked how he mentioned whatever Britney biases he had in the beginning and went in with an open mind! I would have definitely handed him a different tracklist lol but overall he had interesting things to say and I'd be curious to see when the next blog post is up. Make sure to come back and let us know! :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

And I am glad he enjoyed my feedback :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup: hahaha

  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • 1 month later...

Just read part 2 after rereading part 1.  He seemed more into this batch of songs than the last one.  Also, I under no circumstances would ever play This Kiss to someone I was trying to convert into a Britney fan :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:

I also read the Amy Winehouse blog and can't believe not one made it into your playlist!  I understand you aren't into that type of music, but she was so uber talented that I thought you would have to like at least one enough to add to your library.

Good luck with the blog!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
28 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

Just read part 2 after rereading part 1.  He seemed more into this batch of songs than the last one.  Also, I under no circumstances would ever play This Kiss to someone I was trying to convert into a Britney fan :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:

I also read the Amy Winehouse blog and can't believe not one made it into your playlist!  I understand you aren't into that type of music, but she was so uber talented that I thought you would have to like at least one enough to add to your library.

Good luck with the blog!

Thank you so much for reading! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

I agree that Amy is uber talented. Maybe it's because I grew up on Britney and all the other artists in the late 90's/early 00's who were marketed as just "regular girls/boys next door," but in order for me to really get into artists, I have to like them as people and be able to relate to them in some way. I just don't feel that connection with Amy. What did you think of the song selection for that post? Would you have picked something different?

As for "This Kiss," I didn't pick the track listing arbitrarily. I went with every unreleased song Britney has a writing credit on that we have a full solo version of (with the "Rebellion" snippet being the exception), so I had to include it. I personally do like "This Kiss," though, and he didn't seem to mind it either. I don't get where the hate for it comes from. Do people think it's too cutesy/not mature enough for 2008ney?

Link to comment
39 minutes ago, CandyCoatedHeartShapes said:

Thank you so much for reading! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

I agree that Amy is uber talented. Maybe it's because I grew up on Britney and all the other artists in the late 90's/early 00's who were marketed as just "regular girls/boys next door," but in order for me to really get into artists, I have to like them as people and be able to relate to them in some way. I just don't feel that connection with Amy. What did you think of the song selection for that post? Would you have picked something different?

As for "This Kiss," I didn't pick the track listing arbitrarily. I went with every unreleased song Britney has a writing credit on that we have a full solo version of (with the "Rebellion" snippet being the exception), so I had to include it. I personally do like "This Kiss," though, and he didn't seem to mind it either. I don't get where the hate for it comes from. Do people think it's too cutesy/not mature enough for 2008ney?

The Amy song selection was fine. Good variety of tracks.

But This Kiss is just not a fave. I don't mind cutesy as I think Ooh La La is cutesy and catchy since its for a kids movie even though Britney is older. But in This Kiss it sounds like she recorded it underwater in some parts and others have thought the same lol.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block