The Internet dragged Christina Aguilera for her performance of "The Christmas Song," Xtina claps back

Jordan Miller

On 12/17/2020 at 10:15 AM, Blackout2006 said:

But seriously tho, gurl needs to chill her vocal chords before they would have to retire by themselves, her vocal technique is not good AT ALL :orangu_orangutan_ape:Β and @Hooked-On-KneeΒ can educate y’all onΒ how damaging these runs and banshee screaming are for her voice :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

I'd be interested to know what about her vocal technique is not "good AT ALL". From what I could hear, she has a forward and open placement, maintains pitch extremely well (unless she bends it stylistically which she is known to do), and properly prepares her breath for her runs and long phrases. I would urge you to check out the works of Beethoven, Haydn, or any Baroque works that utilize the vocal runs Christina grabs from. Same thing with Mariah Carey. Ariana Grande, etc. The more you know :)Β 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

why you still insist to remember that embarrassing moment?Β :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

CHRISTINA.jpg

Where did I insist? Lmfao I didnt even mention Etta in my latest post, ure the one bringing this upΒ 

k.jpg

1 hour ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

the desperation is real when you need to use a soundtrack album who feature dozen of artists on itΒ :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

you need to think more about Floptina, Bionic and Lotus have set the bar for the flop standardsΒ :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

Didnt she curate the soundtrack or whatever? Lol the funny thing is before the album flopped, a lot of fans were sure that would do at least as good as ASIB. When Gaga won an Oscar and Golden globe, I saw so many fans trying to belittle Gaga saying as if it would be easy for Beyonce to win the following year too, but when she flopped and got no noms, yall started acting as if it was just a side project and didnt matter lolΒ 

My point is: dont act like BeyoncΓ© never flopped. Her album with Jayz also flopped and thats why people act like it never happened. 4 also didnt do that good. Beyonce isnt Adele or even Taylor when it comes to sales nowadays. Shading Christina wont make her look better :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

22 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Didnt she curate the soundtrack or whatever? Lol the funny thing is before the album flopped, a lot of fans were sure that would do at least as good as ASIB. When Gaga won an Oscar and Golden globe, I saw so many fans trying to belittle Gaga saying as if it would be easy for Beyonce to win the following year too, but when she flopped and got no noms, yall started acting as if it was just a side project and didnt matter lolΒ 

My point is: dont act like BeyoncΓ© never flopped. Her album with Jayz also flopped and thats why people act like it never happened. 4 also didnt do that good. Beyonce isnt Adele or even Taylor when it comes to sales nowadays. Shading Christina wont make her look better :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Beyoncè is above sales. She is the only singer from 00s still relevant today :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

10 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

Beyoncè is above sales. She is the only singer from 00s still relevant today :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

Lol she isnt that relevant anymore and her 3 latest efforts showed that. Really relevant today are Taylor, Billie, Ariana, Cardi... :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving:

1 hour ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

At the next Grammys awards she has 9 noms without an album outΒ :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:Β she owns the whole industryΒ :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Β 

Lol the grammys are rubbish and for some reason are very biased towards her. Her songs didnt have impact, ww praise or success. Then u see someone like The Weeknd who owned the charts for over a year being completely snubbedΒ :clown_meme__makeup_green:

7 hours ago, ZacharyAldana said:

I'd be interested to know what about her vocal technique is not "good AT ALL". From what I could hear, she has a forward and open placement, maintains pitch extremely well (unless she bends it stylistically which she is known to do), and properly prepares her breath for her runs and long phrases. I would urge you to check out the works of Beethoven, Haydn, or any Baroque works that utilize the vocal runs Christina grabs from. Same thing with Mariah Carey. Ariana Grande, etc. The more you know :)Β 

@Blackout2006Β was exaggerating what I said. :eyes_britney_laugh:

I never compared Britney to her and I didn't say her technique was not good at all. I wasΒ talking about her growling and how the strain that has put on her voice is not good and shouldn't be used as a strength when comparing them. It's about how well you can pull the techniquesΒ off, not how many techniques you can pull off. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Love 1

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed the performance? Christina Aguilera is really the voice of our generation. And Im not even kidding. We have to stan.Β :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

Her tik tok was funny as hell too. Damn those vocals. I already recorded a tik tok using her voice and will be my way of wishing Merry Xmas to people on my instagram stories. Cant wait for everyone to be shookΒ :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block