Does the Everytime video prove you can't 'blame Kevin Federline'?

zxcvb

But she needed the spotlight, you have to be in a different mindset: She was rich and the people (paparazzis) gave her the attention, like she is the ****. 

She needed someone to bring her down, but everyone till this day see in her the popstar, which she is, but not all the time! 

I am so sure she even went shopping, just to be not lonely in 2007 and that's the sad part: Where was her family? No real friends? It is heartbreaking. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I mean, she did mention about wanting to perform again in 2006. I don't think she disliked touring as long as it wasn't in excess back then, but I wouldn't be surprised if she hates the idea of touring in general now.

It seemed as if her boys were her priority back in 2006 -- wanting to make sure they were old enough to tour.

So ya, she enjoyed touring -- she just wanted to do it and have them live a somewhat normal life at the same time.

12 hours ago, Alexanda said:

But she needed the spotlight, you have to be in a different mindset: She was rich and the people (paparazzis) gave her the attention, like she is the ****. 

She needed someone to bring her down, but everyone till this day see in her the popstar, which she is, but not all the time! 

My point is I don't like the way she's been scrutinized her whole life/career.  If she moved to Montana or Idaho when she married Kevin Federline then obviously 2006-2008 conservatorship would never happen.  Her marriage wouldn't be scrutinized; even if she divorced him, there would never be any media custody drama etc...

4 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

It seemed as if her boys were her priority back in 2006 -- wanting to make sure they were old enough to tour.

So ya, she enjoyed touring -- she just wanted to do it and have them live a somewhat normal life at the same time.

True.  I'm not arguing she should have never made a comeback. 

My point with 'Everytime', based on her own vision, is that at some point she should have been out of the spotlight for her mental health, and THEN make a comeback.  Back in 2004-2005, She should have re-signed a contract with Jive that gave her FAR more autonomy over her career (music, image, taking an actual break)  She easily had the leverage to do this based on her past success.

She was literally in the spotlight non-stop from 1999-2008. 

And again now...

49 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

My point is I don't like the way she's been scrutinized her whole life/career.  If she moved to Montana or Idaho when she married Kevin Federline then obviously 2006-2008 conservatorship would never happen.  Her marriage wouldn't be scrutinized; even if she divorced him, there would never be any media custody drama etc...

True.  I'm not arguing she should have never made a comeback. 

My point with 'Everytime', based on her own vision, is that at some point she should have been out of the spotlight for her mental health, and THEN make a comeback.  Back in 2004-2005, She should have re-signed a contract with Jive that gave her FAR more autonomy over her career (music, image, taking an actual break)  She easily had the leverage to do this based on her past success.

She was literally in the spotlight non-stop from 1999-2008. 

And again now...

You are not wrong, but i do think her family would still be as toxic, they are pushy and want more and more. 

On 12/17/2020 at 5:26 PM, zxcvb said:

Ultimately, this is what 'DESTROYED' her, and supported by her own 'Everytime' video.  Not Justin Timberlake, not Kevin Federline, not the media,  not the public and not even Lufti or Ghalib (Her parents are still to blame for their nativity and absolutely using her as a cash cow)

Not a fan of the following forums or the threads in which they are criticizing Britney, but these comments have some truth in it:

"And...I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for her because she WANTS to be in the tabloids. She actively seeks it out. How do I know this? I know this because when she filed for divorce from K-Fed, she did so in Los Angeles Superior Court with a public judge. That is NOT how people who don't want their **** all over the magazines file for divorce in California. Ever wonder why you never heard the specifics of Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston's divorce? They used a private judge and none of their filings were ever made public. This is not a difficult concept. And yet Britney finds it necessary to parade her **** in front of god and everybody. Why would she do that? Well, I'm betting it has something to do with the album she was recording this weekend. A little free press for her first release since 2003..."

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x5830042

And About the 2006 Dateline interview

"She obviously wants so badly to be able to live 'country' like she is still in smalltown Louisiana and yet isn't willing to give up what she has to go back to that life. I was disappointed Lauer didn't push it further when they started talking about the compromise celebs make with their public life in order to be famous and have a gazillion dollars. He pushes her to tears over the scrutiny she has gotten for being caught looking like a bad mom and then gets her to admit, she loves the money and big 'resort' house she lives in, etc. Maybe they figured the contradiction would be so obvious we would all just get it but for once Id like to see someone call these rich m-f'ers out out.

This is the deal you have made with the devil. The press will hound you until you selfdestruct or die like Princess Diana and that is why you are famous and have the power you do. Deal with it! If you don't like it, then fade into obscurity, go into rehab or go bankrupt and live a sad little normal life like the rest of us. She's not the first we will see like this or the last..."

https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/468646-anyone-want-talk-about-britney-spears-interview-today-dateline-2.html

Of course she had to tour for Circus otherwise she was going to be sued into oblivion by Jive because she didn't tour for Blackout.

Britney could have left her label/industry back in 2004/2005 and retreat into seclusion in Idaho or Montana and get the privacy she wanted.  (Calling marrying Kevin Federline but remaining in the Los Angeles media spotlight a 'rebellion' is a joke.)

She could have re-signed  a contract with Jive in the mid-2000s to give her autonomy over her image or music.

I get that Britney might 'love to perform and record' but look at the consequences with the custody of her kids and still being in the spotlight.

She could have done those things with her own label or resigning a new contract with Jive.

Obviously she is very wealthy now, but I wish she wasn't in the spotlight (which her Everytime video suggested she was fed up with).

oh **** "She marries a guy who leave a pregnant woman with another child and doesn't seem to feel bad about that."

7 hours ago, nthenwkiss said:

oh **** "She marries a guy who leave a pregnant woman with another child and doesn't seem to feel bad about that."

That's my point.  If she moved to Idaho or Montana nobody would've cared about that relationship, as she would fade away into relative obscurity, which she clearly desired on some level. How do you really blame the media or the public in this case?

She said in that 2006 dateline interview "We just need our privacy".  But why was she still in the media glare for the media and the public to keep criticizing her??

It's obviously because of contractual commitments keeping her in the spotlight. (Jive and others)

She SHOULD have re-signed a contract with Jive in the mid-2000s given her more control over her image and music and overall career.

She EASILY had the leverage to do this given her successes from Baby One One More Time to In The Zone.

To me, that is the one of the biggest bind-boggling aspects of her career.

2 hours ago, zxcvb said:

That's my point.  If she moved to Idaho or Montana nobody would've cared about that relationship, as she would fade away into relative obscurity, which she clearly desired on some level. How do you really blame the media or the public in this case?

She said in that 206 dateline interview "We just need our privacy".  But why was she still in the media glare for the media and the public to keep criticizing her??

It's obviously because of contractual commitments keeping her in the spotlight. (Jive and others)

She SHOULD have re-signed a contract with Jive in the mid-2000s given her more control over her image and music and overall career.

She EASILY had the leverage to do this given her successes from Baby One One More Time to In The Zone.

To me, that is the one of the biggest bind-boggling aspects of her career.

Maybe she tried, but Larry put a stop to it?

He makes a 20% cut of every dollar she makes. He has an incentive to keep her constantly working.

3 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Maybe she tried, but Larry put a stop to it?

He makes a 20% cut of every dollar she makes. He has an incentive to keep her constantly working.

Absolutely true.  Her real downfall is 2004-2005 and Larry Rudolph; not 2006-2008.

Jive Records can't be at fault for anything because their job is to make money, like any other record label.

If she wasn't going to start her own label, she blatantly should have re-signed a new contract with tons of provisions pertaining to breaks (out of the public eye), control over her image and music and touring when she easily had the leverage based on her previous success.

It's patently clear the ******* had her sign a contract that had her in the same controlled state from when she was a teenager/early 20s.

Her 'Everytime' video completely undermines his entire efforts as her manager.  It's completely the opposite of the brand he was selling.

Archived