Hilary Duff confirms the Lizzie McGuire reboot is officially dunzo

8 hours ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

I thought it should be a PG-13 Sëx and the City, but oh well. 

exactly what i thought! i was too young to watch the original, but a kids show w 30s ppl would have no demografic lol

preteens and young teens are interested in the adult world, and children in my experience prefere cartoons anyway

• Love 1
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

Their audience is the once children who watched the OG, who are now grown up. I think some kid shows don't need a reboot because there wasn't much impact behind it aka Zoey 101. But Lizzie McGuire changed the game of childrens television and child stars. It talked about real issues that most kid shows weren't. In that same vane, I think grown up Lizzie should be the same. Speak on real issues people in their late 20s/30s face. Relationships, career, adult issues. It should feel authentic, which Disney was not going to allow. 

I thought it should be a PG-13 Sëx and the City, but oh well. 

It’s been kinda done tho.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfu5ubUSnEmtoGUUKadq_

15 hours ago, Stefani said:

Literally who wanted a reboot anyway? It would suck compared to the original. Just look at Fuller House and Raven's Home.

They suck because they act like functional idiots and that's exactly what Hilary was trying the avoid the whole time. Otherwise we would have ended up with the same type of show.

• Like 1

I was excited for this at first but then I thought about how it would work and it wouldn't have worked without going the Disney route :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

Going that route would have mirrored Ravens Home and i feel Hilary is better than that and has more to offer than reprising a role from 15 yrs ago. She’s getting a spin off from Younger so this could be a blessing in disguise :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I was excited for this at first but then I thought about how it would work and it wouldn't have worked without going the Disney route :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

Going that route would have mirrored Ravens Home and i feel Hilary is better than that and has more to offer than reprising a role from 15 yrs ago. She’s getting a spin off from Younger so this could be a blessing in disguise :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Some people argue technically younger is the reboot to lizzie McGuire just not the whole cast 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block