Hilary Duff confirms the Lizzie McGuire reboot is officially dunzo

1 hour ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

Do people really want random reboots of children’s shows? I mean the generation that watched it will probably just watch an episode for the nostalgia, but beyond that, who are their audience? 

Their audience is the once children who watched the OG, who are now grown up. I think some kid shows don't need a reboot because there wasn't much impact behind it aka Zoey 101. But Lizzie McGuire changed the game of childrens television and child stars. It talked about real issues that most kid shows weren't. In that same vane, I think grown up Lizzie should be the same. Speak on real issues people in their late 20s/30s face. Relationships, career, adult issues. It should feel authentic, which Disney was not going to allow. 

I thought it should be a PG-13 Sëx and the City, but oh well. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4
  • Super Mods

From a business point I think they want to reel the kid audience in so they can kill two birds with one stone. Disney plus has mature content on there so it’s not like they can’t do it, they really could’ve had their own *** in the city type show but then again, their CEOs have been dullsville. 

• Love 2

This has got to be one of the worst mistakes Disney has ever made. I paid money for their subscription service for Lizzie McGuire. 

I am legit going to go Karen on them and demand my monthly money back. 

This is so heart breaking. All the cast that came back for this, it was such an amazing way they announced everything. We were genuinely excited. Now we won't even get to see the 1 or 2 episodes she filmed.

I'm angry. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block