RETRACTED PER REQUEST: Courtney Love says Lou Taylor almost put her in a conservatorship like Britney Spears': Britney looks damaged, they ****ed her up for life

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Britney Spears' former business manager sent BreatheHeavy a legal letter demanding we retract a story that was featured on BreatheHeavy and apologize within 24 hours or face legal action. The article included quotes from Courtney Love who shared her experience with Taylor, alleging Taylor tried putting her in a conservatorship similar to the one Britney Spears is currently entangled in and can't seemingly get out of.

Ms. Taylor via her legal counsel refute the following featured in the article below:

"1. My clients 'planned the conservatorship for Britney [Spears] with her father'"

"2. My clients 'tried' 'to put [Courtney Love] in a conservatorship too.'" 

"3. My clients 'made an attempt to control [Kurt Cobain’s] name and likeness and all [N]irvana songs (96 percent). Then sell the publishing.'"

"4. Ms. Love 'was successful at blocking [Lou Taylor]” and that “[Ms. Spears’] pack of wolves [referring to my client] almost killed [Courtney Love] and [her] only child [Frances Bean Cobain].'"

Taylor refutes this and wants you to know the following: 

"All of these statements are false and defamatory."

"The true facts are as follows:"

"1. Lou Taylor and Tri Star never represented Courtney Love, Kurt Cobain, their daughter, or any entity affiliated with them.  Lou Taylor and Tri Star also never even had a single conversation or communication whatsoever relating to a possible conservatorship for Courtney Love.  They also have never even spoken to or communicated with Courtney Love ever."

"2. Lou Taylor and Tri Star also had nothing to do with the planning or creation of the conservatorship for Britney Spears.  They were hired to be Ms. Spears’ financial manager a year after that conservatorship had already been put in place."

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that per request we are retracting/amending this story and apologize for any distress they may have caused Ms. Taylor. It must be difficult to deal with thousands of people who adore Britney Spears and would go to great lengths to protect one of the most important, influential and iconic figures in pop culture.

2 minutes ago, BradAdamson said:

I’ve suspected something for a while and the longer this goes on I’m convinced that what I believe is correct. In my opinion, this is less about money now and more about silencing Britney. Remember this? 

https://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/index.php?/news/britney-spears/britney-spears-photographed-with-memoir-shout-the-true-story-of-a-survivor-who-refused-to-be-silenced-r23/

I hope I’m wrong but either way, Britney needs to be as far away from her father, Lou and everybody else within that circle. They’re a danger to her.

That said, I don’t think she’s “damaged for life”. If Britney has proved anything over the years it is that she is strong and with the right people around her to support and guide her without the constraints of a conservatorship, I think it’s reasonable to believe she can transition back into normal life and regain her confidence and independence to return to her old self, albeit stronger for having been through what she has. 

I agree on both counts: this is less about the money now and more about covering their ***** so they don't wind up in jail for human rights violations and I don't even think this is being hyperbolic. I also agree that "damaged for life" is a little bit absolutist; I think Love is implying that she is traumatized / has PTSD though, which is totally understandable given the situation. But we know Brit's stronger :)

• Love 6
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, lilhennythings said:

hey hun i think shes talking about geraldine wyle and jeryll s cohen. jeryll (currently?) represents Jamie and I think geraldine used to rep Brit but was hired by the c-ship? something like this. someone may have to fact check me.

That's what I figured but idk enough about Courtney in general so I wanted to make sure. 

Do you know what she meant by chanting a lot to make lou go away? Is she meaning she actually does chanting exercises or what? I'm interested in that especially if it's a spiritual thing she does.

• Love 1
Just now, void priestess said:

That's what I figured but idk enough about Courtney in general so I wanted to make sure. 

Do you know what she meant by chanting a lot to make lou go away? Is she meaning she actually does chanting exercises or what? I'm interested in that especially if it's a spiritual thing she does.

The chanting sent me not gonna lie :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: I think she does mean literally "chanting", like a mantra or something. Would be pretty on brand for Courtney. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, lilhennythings said:

The chanting sent me not gonna lie :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: I think she does mean literally "chanting", like a mantra or something. Would be pretty on brand for Courtney. 

Honestly that would be pretty cool and ironic too if chanting sent Good Saint Loucifer away or effectively deflected her from pursuing due to metaphysical energies. 

I love esoteric **** and am super into it. Maybe exhale should get together and have a chanting ceremony to send out lots of cleansing justice energies for britney in addition to activism and writing to figureheads :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

If it's good enough for Courtney, maybe it could help here. One can contemplate. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
Just now, Turogue said:

This needs to reach Gaga, would be heaven if she could communicate about this with Madonna and Cher.

Just imagine Cher, Madonna and Lady Gaga speaking out on the human rights abuse of Britney Spears. It would ripple through the industry and be reported worldwide.

But what's the template. It's not a bad suggestion but most of the time folks who message, email, or write in about issues have a template they can follow 

While I was reading this, I felt the same fear as when I first read about the e-mail that Britney was talking about Lou "there is a crazy lady that has been sending stuff to my house, I don't know her she is a stalker".  Those horrendous words are marked in my mind. I can't imagine what she's capable of when it comes to money. Her evil mind is superworking when it comes to put people under conservatorship. 

Even when I see L**'s face, I get goosebumps. Britney has been harassed by this woman for years. At this point I appreciate Britney's strength. She's really made of steel... The more we know about L**, it gets more and more frightening every day. :weirdmeout_umm_ok_what_weirded_britney:

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, void priestess said:

But what's the template. It's not a bad suggestion but most of the time folks who message, email, or write in about issues have a template they can follow 

Well Gaga has that song till it happens to you, of course a very different topic but still I mean at some point nobody, the least Britney herself, believed that the Princess of Pop would once end up trapped in a conservatorship = one of the worst and most shocking human rights abuse cases happening basically in front of the entire world with a woman who, between 1999 - 2006, sold more records than any other musician.

+ Courtney's comments!

• Love 3
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

There was a group of us on the JFX Online forum at the time. This was January 2008 to well past January 2009 and into 2010. The JFX guys were pap buddies of Adnan Ghalib's. Sometimes Adnan would appear on the board and answer questions, but most of the time it was two or three of the JFX guys, along with a handful of us.

Carmela Kelly was one of the people on the JFX board at the time. (I believe one of her articles might be posted in this thread.) Her and I did a ton of sleuthing together, and then she went back to school for journalism and started writing the "Fair News Spears" articles. She used to spend a ton of her own money on obtaining court documents about the conservatorship. She then progressed to talking directly with Courtney Love, and even forwarded me a few emails that Courtney had personally written her (I kept them to myself -- she was just excited and proud to be talking directly with Courtney Love, as I would be, too, since we both grew up listening to Hole and Nirvana.)

Anywho, I had actually suggested to Adnan around November or December of 2008 that maybe he needed to find a way to slip Britney a phone...I just didn't anticipate that he'd recruit Lutfi into the plan (the justification from one of his pap buddies was that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend," meaning that the enemy of Jamie Spears was someone who could help him out)...Adnan ended up with criminal charges and a restraining order out of the phone incident.

Believe me when I say that next to Lutfi, Adnan Ghalib has more dirt on Jamie and Lou than anyone. But he's signed an NDA, so he can't spill the beans any more than anyone else can.

Holy ****. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I have many questions but I understand if some things should remain private. People have been wondering for years what happened to Adnan. Don't NDA's expire eventually? How did they get him to sign one if he wasn't employed by them (to my knowledge.) Regardless, if someone is being harmed or a crime is being committed I believe an NDA can be broken. The problem is finding evidence to justify that claim, I suppose.

I had never heard of Carmela Kelly before, but if you happen to still be in touch with her give her a belated thank you from us. It sounds like y'all were making moves towards helping Britney years before everyone else got around to it. And I agree that it was probably a huge mistake to recruit Lutfi. Some people are convinced he and Lou are more closely connected than we even know. Its ridiculous and outrageous how Jamie came into so much power. 

What are your thoughts on the fall-out of Courtney Love's relationship to Lutfi? Isn't it were that she is also connected to both him and Lou? Is there something there we are not seeing? It seems like a battle over celebrities and their fortunes. 

I haven't talked to her in years.

Since 2014, to be exact. I have an email from her sitting in my inbox from July of 2014 that I haven't replied to. I went back to school to take my Master's that year, and kind of lost touch with everyone.

Maybe I'll have to send her a note over the holidays and see if she replies back?

I support this! But no pressure. 

8 minutes ago, senammoises said:

Just post #freebritney won't affect them. We MUST boycott the brand!!! All this is happening because of money!!!! 

WE NEED TO BOYCOTT THE BRAND!!!!

:liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

This. As if the latest court “developments” aren’t frustrating enough here, we also have to witness the fans’ ridiculous streaming campaigns and chart tracking. 

The abuse is right here in front of us, yet too many fans still fall for  desperate money grabs like Swimming In The Demos and the fake “collaboration” with the band that Britney probably doesn’t even remember ever existed. :4music_britney_2013_uk_annoyed_irritated_mad:

• Love 3
  • Like 2

It's funny, because Carmela was always very anti-Lutfi, while I was always anti-Lou and anti-Jamie.

Carmela's entire motivation revolved around pinning Lutfi to the wall, while my motivation in sleuthing the case was exposing Jamie and Lou. 

I have no idea if she's still following the case at all...And if she'd now realize that Lutfi was a bad guy, but not THE ultimate bad guy (just as Courtney said).

If I hear from her, I'll post about it.

Oh for sure she has to still be following. If she was into it back then, I am 100% sure when the #FreeBritney movement hit momentum this year she was probably lurking on here for the tea. I have no doubt in my mind. You just don't lose interest in this case. Especially once your initial suspicions were confirmed.

On 12/17/2020 at 1:14 AM, jj_boha said:

Damn this is too much. Britney spears  , one of the biggest stars on the planet, can’t even speak up for herself . The same girl who used to use her website to connect with her fans. This is sad to see. We need other powerful stars to help her out. Tswift? She’s pretty vocal.:sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

yeah i think if taylor knew about this she would have do something about it i feel like the worst part is i’m starting to feel like fans are the only force she has against the cship

• Like 2

Brett worked for Lynn prior to the conservatorship, so now that time has gone by she might still be in contact with her.

As for Adnan...I'd have to think about that. Maybe the JFX guys still talk to him? Their website disappeared a few years ago, but I'm sure they're still around.

It's pretty easy to find Adnan on Instagram

15 hours ago, sweetkiss said:

I saw that Courntey Love response to a fan, first of all Im grateful shes willing to speak up and glad shes in Europe (I thought since 2007 why britney not in europe?? ) 

and what she said is 100% truth. As we also heard and followed Lou pattern, she tried to do it with Lindsay, but she had dad to protect her, and I believe thats the resaon,

Lindsay is in Europe now. I think Courtney is 100% right about Britney and I feel so bad :( 

I remember seeing an interview from back in 2004 where she said she wanted to live in London... imagine how different everything would’ve been

• Love 3
1 hour ago, void priestess said:

1 hour ago, lilhennythings said:

Yes, literally chanting. She´s into buddhism.

• Love 3
  • Like 1