RETRACTED PER REQUEST: Courtney Love says Lou Taylor almost put her in a conservatorship like Britney Spears': Britney looks damaged, they ****ed her up for life

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Britney Spears' former business manager sent BreatheHeavy a legal letter demanding we retract a story that was featured on BreatheHeavy and apologize within 24 hours or face legal action. The article included quotes from Courtney Love who shared her experience with Taylor, alleging Taylor tried putting her in a conservatorship similar to the one Britney Spears is currently entangled in and can't seemingly get out of.

Ms. Taylor via her legal counsel refute the following featured in the article below:

"1. My clients 'planned the conservatorship for Britney [Spears] with her father'"

"2. My clients 'tried' 'to put [Courtney Love] in a conservatorship too.'" 

"3. My clients 'made an attempt to control [Kurt Cobain’s] name and likeness and all [N]irvana songs (96 percent). Then sell the publishing.'"

"4. Ms. Love 'was successful at blocking [Lou Taylor]” and that “[Ms. Spears’] pack of wolves [referring to my client] almost killed [Courtney Love] and [her] only child [Frances Bean Cobain].'"

Taylor refutes this and wants you to know the following: 

"All of these statements are false and defamatory."

"The true facts are as follows:"

"1. Lou Taylor and Tri Star never represented Courtney Love, Kurt Cobain, their daughter, or any entity affiliated with them.  Lou Taylor and Tri Star also never even had a single conversation or communication whatsoever relating to a possible conservatorship for Courtney Love.  They also have never even spoken to or communicated with Courtney Love ever."

"2. Lou Taylor and Tri Star also had nothing to do with the planning or creation of the conservatorship for Britney Spears.  They were hired to be Ms. Spears’ financial manager a year after that conservatorship had already been put in place."

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that per request we are retracting/amending this story and apologize for any distress they may have caused Ms. Taylor. It must be difficult to deal with thousands of people who adore Britney Spears and would go to great lengths to protect one of the most important, influential and iconic figures in pop culture.

18 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

There was a group of us on the JFX Online forum at the time. This was January 2008 to well past January 2009 and into 2010. The JFX guys were pap buddies of Adnan Ghalib's. Sometimes Adnan would appear on the board and answer questions, but most of the time it was two or three of the JFX guys, along with a handful of us.

Carmela Kelly was one of the people on the JFX board at the time. (I believe one of her articles might be posted in this thread.) Her and I did a ton of sleuthing together, and then she went back to school for journalism and started writing the "Fair News Spears" articles. She used to spend a ton of her own money on obtaining court documents about the conservatorship. She then progressed to talking directly with Courtney Love, and even forwarded me a few emails that Courtney had personally written her (I kept them to myself -- she was just excited and proud to be talking directly with Courtney Love, as I would be, too, since we both grew up listening to Hole and Nirvana.)

Anywho, I had actually suggested to Adnan around November or December of 2008 that maybe he needed to find a way to slip Britney a phone...I just didn't anticipate that he'd recruit Lutfi into the plan (the justification from one of his pap buddies was that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend," meaning that the enemy of Jamie Spears was someone who could help him out)...Adnan ended up with criminal charges and a restraining order out of the phone incident.

Believe me when I say that next to Lutfi, Adnan Ghalib has more dirt on Jamie and Lou than anyone. But he's signed an NDA, so he can't spill the beans any more than anyone else can.

Wow thanks for sharing.

How long do NDAs last 10 years or 20 years. I know they aren't usually a lifetime long or some shot. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, lilhennythings said:

Omg I'm shook!!!! I stan Carmela so by extension now you. I read articles of hers for Salon recently (unrelated to any of this). Is she still investigating Britney's case at all? 

I haven't talked to her in years.

Since 2014, to be exact. I have an email from her sitting in my inbox from July of 2014 that I haven't replied to. I went back to school to take my Master's that year, and kind of lost touch with everyone.

Maybe I'll have to send her a note over the holidays and see if she replies back?

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I'll repost this message every once in a while from now on:

Please use a tiny bit of your spear time to bombard the social media profiles of powerful celebrities with the most shocking info regarding Britney's situation. Link the relevant threads (lawyersforbritney, Courtney Love's response and so on..).

Contact other fandoms (didn't K-pop fans troll the Trump rallies online? The same thing can be done for this situation!)

31 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

There was a group of us on the JFX Online forum at the time. This was January 2008 to well past January 2009 and into 2010. The JFX guys were pap buddies of Adnan Ghalib's. Sometimes Adnan would appear on the board and answer questions, but most of the time it was two or three of the JFX guys, along with a handful of us.

Carmela Kelly was one of the people on the JFX board at the time. (I believe one of her articles might be posted in this thread.) Her and I did a ton of sleuthing together, and then she went back to school for journalism and started writing the "Fair News Spears" articles. She used to spend a ton of her own money on obtaining court documents about the conservatorship. She then progressed to talking directly with Courtney Love, and even forwarded me a few emails that Courtney had personally written her (I kept them to myself -- she was just excited and proud to be talking directly with Courtney Love, as I would be, too, since we both grew up listening to Hole and Nirvana.)

Anywho, I had actually suggested to Adnan around November or December of 2008 that maybe he needed to find a way to slip Britney a phone...I just didn't anticipate that he'd recruit Lutfi into the plan (the justification from one of his pap buddies was that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend," meaning that the enemy of Jamie Spears was someone who could help him out)...Adnan ended up with criminal charges and a restraining order out of the phone incident.

Believe me when I say that next to Lutfi, Adnan Ghalib has more dirt on Jamie and Lou than anyone. But he's signed an NDA, so he can't spill the beans any more than anyone else can.

Wow.

This situation alone speaks volumes. Making sure to legally go after and muzzle everyone who dares to give her a voice/a freaking working phone.

I wonder what all Courtney knows 😩

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I haven't talked to her in years.

Since 2014, to be exact. I have an email from her sitting in my inbox from July of 2014 that I haven't replied to. I went back to school to take my Master's that year, and kind of lost touch with everyone.

Maybe I'll have to send her a note over the holidays and see if she replies back?

You should (I am totally saying this selfishly because I wanna know lol)! Honestly, of all the investigating I've seen about the topic, hers was the earliest and so cohesive. I've read soooo much of Fair News Spears (I was the one who linked it in this thread) ... I wonder what she heard from Courtney directly. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Good question.

I've been wondering why nobody has reached out to Adnan over all of this. I know he has some crazy stories to tell.

Is there even ANY way to contact Adnan now? Also what about that woman called Brett (but I guess she signed an NDA as well...)

• Like 1
  • Leader
56 minutes ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

Just a side note. You know what would be an interesting video for BreatheHeavy YouTube? A video on how you've witnessed the fanbase evolve over the years. I think a commentary on how the fandom was on this site in the beginning compared to now would be interesting. Particularly how the fanbase has taken a turn towards activism. It could also help people see that Exhale is a different sort of place now where we discuss advocating for Britney's freedom. 

Or you could do a story time on the day you hung out with Britney. I think that would get lots of engagement.

Love this idea! 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, lilhennythings said:

You should (I am totally saying this selfishly because I wanna know lol)! Honestly, of all the investigating I've seen about the topic, hers was the earliest and so cohesive. I've read soooo much of Fair News Spears (I was the one who linked it in this thread) ... I wonder what she heard from Courtney directly. 

It's funny, because Carmela was always very anti-Lutfi, while I was always anti-Lou and anti-Jamie.

Carmela's entire motivation revolved around pinning Lutfi to the wall, while my motivation in sleuthing the case was exposing Jamie and Lou. 

I have no idea if she's still following the case at all...And if she'd now realize that Lutfi was a bad guy, but not THE ultimate bad guy (just as Courtney said).

If I hear from her, I'll post about it.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Turogue said:

Is there even ANY way to contact Adnan now. Also what about that woman called Brett (but I guess she signed an NDA as well...)

Brett worked for Lynn prior to the conservatorship, so now that time has gone by she might still be in contact with her.

As for Adnan...I'd have to think about that. Maybe the JFX guys still talk to him? Their website disappeared a few years ago, but I'm sure they're still around.

• Love 4

Everyone with Insta and Twitter please try to contact Taylor. She has a loyal fanbase and she has quite some influence in the industry. 

Contact Rihanna, she actually worked with Britney and she likes to come across as super bada**.

Contact Dua Lipa and Billy Eilish, they are only on their first or second albums but they reach very young people too and since they don't have children to look after and are very young they would maybe risk to fight the system even if it had some consequences.