Internet body shames Lizzo for going on cleanse, Lizzo responds: every big girl should do whatever the f--- they want with their bodies

• Leader
Spoiler

131252147_1091465664641434_5634537930961

"I detoxed my body and I’m still fat. I love my body and I’m still fat. I’m beautiful and I’m still fat. These things are not mutually exclusive. To the people who look to me, please do not starve yourselves. I did not starve myself. I fed myself greens and water and fruit and protein and sunlight. You don’t have to do that to be beautiful or healthy. That was my way. You can do life your way. Remember, despite anything anyone says or does DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH YOUR BODY"

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BritneyGermanotta said:

Seems like she's enjoying her weight loss 🙃 and everybody that's judging her for it, is the real psycho. Her body, nobody else's 

"The estimated annual health care costs of obesity-related illness are a staggering $190.2 billion or nearly 21% of annual medical spending in the United States. Childhood obesity alone is responsible for $14 billion in direct medical costs."

https://www.healthycommunitieshealthyfuture.org/learn-the-facts/economic-costs-of-obesity/

27 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:
  Hide contents

"I detoxed my body and I’m still fat. I love my body and I’m still fat. I’m beautiful and I’m still fat. These things are not mutually exclusive. To the people who look to me, please do not starve yourselves. I did not starve myself. I fed myself greens and water and fruit and protein and sunlight. You don’t have to do that to be beautiful or healthy. That was my way. You can do life your way. Remember, despite anything anyone says or does DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH YOUR BODY"

:clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer: This is that **** I DO like to hear 

Do something nice and kind for your wellbeing, the goal doesn't have to be weightloss 

39 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:
  Reveal hidden contents

i can't believe those disgusting people forced her to post that:eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

She don't need to ask for permission if she want to try a healthier way of life :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

• Love 4
8 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Not people shaming her for dieting, lol. Nothing wrong with wanting to lose weight. That's a fact - excess weight is not good for you. It doesn't mean that she suddenly hates herself and isn't body positive anymore. You can love yourself and your body at any size while actively trying to do what's best for your body, which is losing weight and being healthier. Though, a juice cleanse isn't the way to go about it. That I do agree with. That's what people can rightly call her out for.

ezgif-2-5c4bee0675da.gif.d890bb710606594

• Haha 2

People today are ridiculous. What does a cleanse, detox, or smoothie have to do with losing weight? As she said, its to in a way "cleanse" hey gut from all the nasty toxins shes been eating and drinking. I did the same, because while in quarantine Ive been eating so unhealthy. Food has a lot to do with our mind well-being too. Nothing to do with weight loss.

You what group of people are mad? The ones that were saying "If Lizzo can eat McDonalds, be a big girl and love it, then I will sit at home and eat whatever I want too" and now they dont have an excuse for them LOL!

Body positivity doesnt mean "love your un-healthy self" but "Love yourself as you are, love your body, and live your best life no matter what your shape, and be healthy."

• Love 2

This is what happens when you build your brand around being "big and proud" ,sis. 

Your fans will become hostile and look at you as a lying traitor when you inevitably, and understandably ,begin to lose weight for the benefit of your mental and physical health.
Sad tbh.:boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 10:13 AM, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Not people shaming her for dieting, lol. Nothing wrong with wanting to lose weight. That's a fact - excess weight is not good for you. It doesn't mean that she suddenly hates herself and isn't body positive anymore. You can love yourself and your body at any size while actively trying to do what's best for your body, which is losing weight and being healthier. Though, a juice cleanse isn't the way to go about it. That I do agree with. That's what people can rightly call her out for.

Regarding your very last statement. I completely disagree. Nobody needs to be calling her out for anything. Let people make their own mistakes, if there are any mistakes even to be had here. Geez people get a grip. It’s not any of your jobs to be her health coach or to “call her out”. Live your own ******* lives. She is not doing anything DETRIMENTAL to her health, even if this isn’t the best option. Leave her alone. Leave everyone alone. What is wrong with the internet my God. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, halfdressed said:

Regarding your very last statement. I completely disagree. Nobody needs to be calling her out for anything. Let people make their own mistakes, if there are any mistakes even to be had here. Geez people get a grip. It’s not any of your jobs to be her health coach or to “call her out”. Live your own ******* lives. She is not doing anything DETRIMENTAL to her health, even if this isn’t the best option. Leave her alone. Leave everyone alone. What is wrong with the internet my God. 

I mean, I guess I worded myself too strongly. Perhaps I should've said educate instead of call out. She has a large platform, so she should be wary of what she promotes and puts out into the world. I used to think that anything goes, and that celebrities aren't their fans' babysitters, but these days I do believe that there's a certain amount of responsibility that comes with fame. Obviously, a little juice cleanse never killed nobody, but they're not healthy, period, so they should not be promoted. Nothing wrong with respectfully educating people and letting them know that they're in the wrong. :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block