Download: Leaked “Make Me” video in 1080p

1992fan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My goodness, it’s no wonder they scrapped this mess...It’s horrendous. From the cheap and vulgar hooker outfits to the tacky set design to the horrible lip syncing to the body double. I’m aware it’s a rough copy, however the only good part of the video was the caged scene where she was in that red bodysuit but other than that, I’m glad it stayed shelved because it would have truly been a stain in both Britney and LaChapelle’s videography. Britney’s team did the right thing that era.

5 minutes ago, AGUILEGEND IS A QUEEN said:

My goodness, it’s no wonder they scrapped this mess...It’s horrendous. From the cheap hooker outfits to the tacky set design to the horrible lip syncing. Glad it stayed shelved because it’s truly a stain in both Britney and LaChapelle’s videography. Britney’s team did the right thing that era.

And the video we got was better??? :jeanluc_ashamed_embarrassed_hide_facepalm_meme:

10 minutes ago, AGUILEGEND IS A QUEEN said:

My goodness, it’s no wonder they scrapped this mess...It’s horrendous. From the cheap hooker outfits to the tacky set design to the horrible lip syncing to the body doubles. Only good part of the video was the caged scene where she was in that red bodysuit but other than that, I’m glad it stayed shelved because it would have truly been a stain in both Britney and LaChapelle’s videography. Britney’s team did the right thing that era.

This is literally the unedited version of the video. Nothing is polished, edited and they used her teams edit for this leaked video instead of the LaChapelle edit/story-line. The original video would be a story about being a popstar that's basically a slave to the ****ed up industry. Britney's team tried to edit everything out, that's why it looks like it doesn't make sense.

This would be her best video ever

Just now, gyiyffy said:

This is literally the unedited version of the video. Nothing is polished, edited and they used her teams edit for this leaked video instead of the LaChapelle edit/story-line. The original video would be a story about being a popstar that's basically a slave to the ****ed up industry. Britney's team tried to edit everything out, that's why it looks like it doesn't make sense.

This would be her best video ever

I’m aware it’s a rough draft but it wasn’t executed properly. The concept is brilliant but the execution fell short. There’s a reason why both LaChapelle and Britney’s camp decided to shelve that abomination of a video. 

Just now, AGUILEGEND IS A QUEEN said:

I’m aware it’s a rough draft but it wasn’t executed properly. The concept is brilliant but the execution fell short. There’s a reason why both LaChapelle and Britney’s camp decided to shelve that abomination of a video. 

I think it looks poorly executed because Britney's team edited it like this. Just some pretty imagery without the actual story line. But even after this edit, they decided to throw it away because it didn't make sense anymore. I truly believe the LaChapelle storyline was too much and revealing (cship etc.) for team Britney.

7 minutes ago, gyiyffy said:

I think it looks poorly executed because Britney's team edited it like this. Just some pretty imagery without the actual story line. But even after this edit, they decided to throw it away because it didn't make sense anymore. I truly believe the LaChapelle storyline was too much and revealing (cship etc.) for team Britney.

Once again, pointing the finger at everyone but Britney and LaChapelle. You’re delusional to think that Britney’s team had a say in ‘editing’ this rough copy and how it was eventually presented to the label only for them to reject it off the bat. The video was done distastefully, point black period. The latter aka the official video posted to her VEVO is the edited video. Not to mention, there were several reports as to how Britney felt extremely uncomfortable filming that video. 

thank you very much for the link  :wink_britney_everytime_white:

Now here's my view on this "Make me" video drama :

First, Britney needed a strong video for her "come back" so they hired one of the most famous photographer/director of the world David Lachapelle. He probably was a little fustrated that the only video he did in the past for the ultimate gay icon that is Britney was Everytime and that Everytime doesn't have this popculture/gay/kitsch/overthetop/plastic look he loves so much..so I guess it was the moment for him to do that. I don't know if any of you have ever been to one of his exhibition, but I have, and let me tell you every single frame of that Make me video is a concept he already did with his past photographies. From the naked men working out in the middle of an emply room, to muscular greasy men surrinding a woman (dressed up like a hooker) who's striking the pose, to destroying a house with a bulldozer, Adam and Eve, the cage, people covered in red, or pink or blue etc etc..

So I think people shouldn't look at it as a story that was supposed to make sense. He's a photographer, and I personnaly believe he tried to create somehow a "best of" his work in this video..like this was his resumé.

Unfortunatly it looked very messy, it was vulgar. Britney didn't like it, from what we understand there was an argument on set and Britney was in a cold war with David Lachapelle and everything they shot together was scrapped. Trust me her label must have been very upset concidering what a fortune all this cost. 

At that time I know her label was obsessed with Justin Timberlake and pink's new songs, catchy pop hit singles with happy feeling so I think they all decided to go to a more happy feeling video and when it comes to this ..well Britney's always giving us the same formula : her and her girl friends are laughing, having fun, going out, meeting with the guys ! She did it with Do something, she did it with Piece of me, and of course here we go again. We ended up with the gringy video that we don't like.

Conclusion : I think both videos are messy but have amazing elements to them, if you take those elements from both videos and put them together you can have an amazing video, just look at this fanmade video which is for me PERFECTION 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exOWg0N97BA

It's very fustrating that they had everything in their hands to make it perfect, they had the shots...but it didn't happen. :disappointed_thinking_oh_okay_glasses:

imagine :

This fanmade video + the desert photoshoot for the booklet and we can add the cage scene as more photos for the booklet if you add some digital glittery/shinning effects over the red = it would have been epic 

54 minutes ago, AGUILEGEND IS A QUEEN said:

Once again, pointing the finger at everyone but Britney and LaChapelle. eventually presented to the label only for them to reject it off the bat. 

You're delusional. It's exactly what happened and it happened with several videos (like Everytime or Perfume).

31 minutes ago, JP9101 said:

People don’t get that this is not the final version :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading: like David is an artist, he would probably has created a master piece 

Even though this video isn’t the final edit and Team B’s rough cut, there is still tons of messages to be found within the imagery. People need to be spoon fed with the metaphors ie like the obvious cage imagery/chains on the Glory cover. 

I just posted a whole analysis of every scene in this video and it’s being paid more dust than the third Britney Jean single 

5 hours ago, AGUILEGEND IS A QUEEN said:

My goodness, it’s no wonder they scrapped this mess...It’s horrendous. From the cheap and vulgar hooker outfits to the tacky set design to the horrible lip syncing to the body double. I’m aware it’s a rough copy, however the only good part of the video was the caged scene where she was in that red bodysuit but other than that, I’m glad it stayed shelved because it would have truly been a stain in both Britney and LaChapelle’s videography. Britney’s team did the right thing that era.

You literally have no taste. But what's new

Archived