Jump to content

Is the #FreeBritney movement cementing Britney's legendary status ?


Roger

Recommended Posts

The #FreeBritney movement definitely made people talking about her for the first time in years. A lot of people reflect on her career, dive into her old songs. Gen Z has finally heard about Britney Spears, millenials revisit her prime.

She has been trending on Twitter, Tik Tok, YouTube, Google. The GP did not think about her this much since FF / BJ, and a lot of people who never cared about her now support her.

The movement reminded them that she is/was one of the biggest celebrity of all time ! It definitely changed the image people had of her, and they are finally realizing how sweet, talented and iconic she is.

I am so proud of her, she will never be forgotten ! Can't wait for her Live TV interview about the cship to go down in f-cking History Books ! 

Legends Only :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

  • Love 7
  • Like 2
Link to comment

Perhaps not unanimously just yet. 

I think if she did a massive exposè, interview, book, amazingly beautiful creative album and a great nostalgic tour that still feels fresh and exciting, then yeah I think she would 100% be at legend level.

Her music is already at legend status along with Christina, Janet, J Lo, etc but I think to get to the next stage of legendary (Madonna, MJ, Prince, Elvis, Tina Turner, Amy Winehouse, Bowie, Ozzy, Alice Cooper, Aerosmith) the public needs to resonate with you, connect with you and really feel emotions toward you like most people do for those true legends I listed, you know?

Unfortunately most of the GP still had their 2007 glasses on and were under the impression her team and family were doing the best for her by ‘Covering up the crazy’ in her all these years... That’s why it annoyed me the past decade when all the talk shows and celebs were always ‘rooting for her’ and ‘Awh we love Britney’ as if something was seriously wrong with her. They’re now realising all her behaviour, meds, actions and rebellion has been caused by her father and team and that’s a great thing.

An explosive ending (Hopefully resulting in her father being sued or jailed), her business managers being arrested, the #MeToo movement reigniting, a new trinity album, world tour and tell all books and interviews will definitely cement herself as the comeback queen and a legend.

Soon, you won’t be able to say Princess of Pop or Comeback without thinking of Britney ******* Spears 

  • Love 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Depends. In some ways, yes. In most ways, no. Britney's already a legend anyway, and I don't say that just as a stan. I've mentioned before in other threads that Britney's fame is the product of a confluence of factors that were specific to a moment in time. No one in a post 9-11, post-Internet, post-modern world will really ever be able to accomplish what Britney did during the height of her career. The closest I can think of in a modern context is someone like Billie Eilish or that Watermelon Sugar guy (why can't I remember his name) but no one really even approaches the fervor that was Britney-mania in 1998-2008/9. Even Beyonce is/was famous in a "different way" than Britney. 

I think Britney will be retroactively appreciated. I think, like @Pinky98 mentions, it would be HUGE if she did a massive expose, tied her plight to the #MeToo movement/modern se x-rights, and everything we suspect came to light but ... I don't see it. Britney's too private. All she wants is her privacy. I think this is also why we see so little of what is actually going on. Ultimately, I think if Britney wanted us to know her business, we would know more of it, gag orders or NDAs or whatever court proceedings aside. If (and unfortunately, it feels like a big if) Britney ever gets free in her lifetime, I don't suspect we'll see a groundbreaking album or a world tour; I think (maybe) after a long time we'd get a true Britney album, but I personally think she wants out of showbusiness and the limelight. 

The exposes and true appreciation of Britney's cultural impact beyond the 90s/00s will be retroactive; it'll be like Judy Garland and Marilyn Monroe. 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
57 minutes ago, lilhennythings said:

Depends. In some ways, yes. In most ways, no. Britney's already a legend anyway, and I don't say that just as a stan. I've mentioned before in other threads that Britney's fame is the product of a confluence of factors that were specific to a moment in time. No one in a post 9-11, post-Internet, post-modern world will really ever be able to accomplish what Britney did during the height of her career. The closest I can think of in a modern context is someone like Billie Eilish or that Watermelon Sugar guy (why can't I remember his name) but no one really even approaches the fervor that was Britney-mania in 1998-2008/9. Even Beyonce is/was famous in a "different way" than Britney. 

I think Britney will be retroactively appreciated. I think, like @Pinky98 mentions, it would be HUGE if she did a massive expose, tied her plight to the #MeToo movement/modern se x-rights, and everything we suspect came to light but ... I don't see it. Britney's too private. All she wants is her privacy. I think this is also why we see so little of what is actually going on. Ultimately, I think if Britney wanted us to know her business, we would know more of it, gag orders or NDAs or whatever court proceedings aside. If (and unfortunately, it feels like a big if) Britney ever gets free in her lifetime, I don't suspect we'll see a groundbreaking album or a world tour; I think (maybe) after a long time we'd get a true Britney album, but I personally think she wants out of showbusiness and the limelight. 

The exposes and true appreciation of Britney's cultural impact beyond the 90s/00s will be retroactive; it'll be like Judy Garland and Marilyn Monroe. 

Not the Watermelon Sugar guy :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

  • Haha 2
Link to comment

One thing i really appreciate about the movement is how it is slowly chipping away at the 'crazy britney' label. Don't get me wrong, her Instagram is failing her, along with media headlines, but i really think people are waking up to her experiences since 2007 and realizing how much of a victim and a survivor she has been. All these mini YT series and documentaries are really helping change the narrative and increase empathy. I really hope this continues and support only grows until she is free :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

  • Love 1
  • Like 4
Link to comment
49 minutes ago, Salsa555 said:

One thing i really appreciate about the movement is how it is slowly chipping away at the 'crazy britney' label. Don't get me wrong, her Instagram is failing her, along with media headlines, but i really think people are waking up to her experiences since 2007 and realizing how much of a victim and a survivor she has been. All these mini YT series and documentaries are really helping change the narrative and increase empathy. I really hope this continues and support only grows until she is free :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

A random straight guy I know messaged me a few minutes ago about a trending YT doc because he knows I am a stan

He said he did not about the situation at all but now he sees her in a new light

Is this the beginning of the end for people mocking her ? :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: 

I expect a lot of support from the GP in the coming years 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
17 minutes ago, Roger said:

A random straight guy I know messaged me a few minutes ago about a trending YT doc because he knows I am a stan

He said he did not about the situation at all but now he sees her in a new light

Is this the beginning of the end for people mocking her ? :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: 

I expect a lot of support from the GP in the coming years 

This makes me so happy. And i hope so!:crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Link to comment

I'd say yes, the FreeBritney movement already is part of her legacy. A lot of people who doesn't care about her music are more aware of her situation and siding with Brit.

It can get much bigger If more stuff end up exposed. Britney can be a voice against abuse and I wouldn't doubt they create a law with her name to help people on c-ships.

Nothing negative so far.

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block