Make Me Original Video Deep Dive

Makes sense why her team didn’t want the music video they didn’t want the public to know what was going on. All her music videos are very dark and always involves death. They record the videos yet they never release them instead we get a washed out Disney Version, makes no sense why waste all this money knowing her team will never allow for it to be released. I know they have meetings how music videos are gonna be shot and the plots so makes no sense. Unless daddy Spears says no, If Britney had a problem with the music videos she would have never filmed them.. could be RCA or just her dad and team that decide that’s not the “Britney brand” which is dumb because by doing so they did not let Britney herself grow into an Artist instead they wanted to market her as **** who sells ***... which makes the General public think that she has zero talent, and that’s her team fault for not letting her grow and mature  into an Artist and let her express herself in music videos and in her music... cause they are afraid that people will know the truth 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Wow I only just saw this, super interesting analysis, I think many of your points really make sense :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: Thank you for this!

Something else I was also thinking about - I think the leopard might have a deeper symbolic significance. Britney has always had a fascination with big cats, lions, tigers, etc. Like when she posted the "Rebellion" snippet on her website way back in 2006, it was accompanied by a flash animation of her face morphing into that of a Bengal tiger:

b79ba28648ae5248a664706cb33bcf53_xl.jpg

And then around the same time, when she used to have her blog on her website, she also made a post called "TIGERS" where she talks about her fascination with tigers and their sense of mystery and freedom. Remember, this was around the time she was really trying to gain control over her life and break free from the image the she had had to conform to for her entire career. Little over a year prior, she had been working on the Original Doll-album, apparantly without her label's knowledge, and taken the "Mona Lisa"-demo to a radio station, again without her label's permission. So she was in full-on Rebellionney-mode around this time, trying to find her own voice and to tell her own story. That's why I've always thought big cats seem to symbolise REBELLION and FREEDOM to her. In the face morph animation accompanying "Rebellion", her inner tiger (which symbolises her rebellious nature) literally takes over her appearance as she goes into rebellion.

So in conclusion, the appearance of a leopard in this video, especially combined with all the other imagery and symbols and hints, might not be a coincidence, and it might further symbolise her inner desire for rebellion, her desire to break free from her constraints.

:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Vulpix91 said:

Wow I only just saw this, super interesting analysis, I think many of your points really make sense :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: Thank you for this!

Something else I was also thinking about - I think the leopard might have a deeper symbolic significance. Britney has always had a fascination with big cats, lions, tigers, etc. Like when she posted the "Rebellion" snippet on her website way back in 2006, it was accompanied by a flash animation of her face morphing into that of a Bengal tiger:

b79ba28648ae5248a664706cb33bcf53_xl.jpg

And then around the same time, when she used to have her blog on her website, she also made a post called "TIGERS" where she talks about her fascination with tigers and their sense of mystery and freedom. Remember, this was around the time she was really trying to gain control over her life and break free from the image the she had had to conform to for her entire career. Little over a year prior, she had been working on the Original Doll-album, apparantly without her label's knowledge, and taken the "Mona Lisa"-demo to a radio station, again without her label's permission. So she was in full-on Rebellionney-mode around this time, trying to find her own voice and to tell her own story. That's why I've always thought big cats seem to symbolise REBELLION and FREEDOM to her. In the face morph animation accompanying "Rebellion", her inner tiger (which symbolises her rebellious nature) literally takes over her appearance as she goes into rebellion.

So in conclusion, the appearance of a leopard in this video, especially combined with all the other imagery and symbols and hints, might not be a coincidence, and it might further symbolise her inner desire for rebellion, her desire to break free from her constraints.

:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

I love this!!! Britney’s definitely had a fascination with big cats ever since her Rebellion era. It could very much represent her inner lioness (Scam tease)

• Love 1
  • 8 months later...
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, reVolution said:

The question is who came up with the concept? Britney or Lachapelle?

Britney comes up with the concepts for everything and I’m sure David elaborated on it. I remember she made a diary entry talking about how she was very pleased with how David executed the Everytime video and said literally brought her idea to life. Especially since at that time she was going to Vegas a lot and studying khabalah so the theme of reincarnation is obviously her influence. I’m sure there are times where the director comes up with the concept but seeing as how David said it was her idea to be in a cage so I’m guessing she brought a vague idea and he just fleshed it out. Nigel **** recalls how he was on the phone with Britney about the oops video and how she wanted it to be on mars and dance in a catsuit and when he said “but wait there’s a steam engine sound in the song (referencing titanic) how is that gonna work if it’s set in space?” She just said I trust you would figure that out and hang up. 

Joseph Kahn recalls how he had an elaborate plot for Stronger with a war scene and epic battle and she listened politely only to say “um I just want to dance on a chair” even Larry Rudolph once said she’s highly involved in her concepts which is why I never believed it when people said she hated the video. Maybe a dance move or something small but not to the point of trashing the entire video after knowing how much work and money goes into it, plus so many symbolisms especially if someone wants to be portrayed in chains and in a cage. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Puppy said:

Britney comes up with the concepts for everything and I’m sure David elaborated on it. I remember she made a diary entry talking about how she was very pleased with how David executed the Everytime video and said literally brought her idea to life. Especially since at that time she was going to Vegas a lot and studying khabalah so the theme of reincarnation is obviously her influence. I’m sure there are times where the director comes up with the concept but seeing as how David said it was her idea to be in a cage so I’m guessing she brought a vague idea and he just fleshed it out. Nigel **** recalls how he was on the phone with Britney about the oops video and how she wanted it to be on mars and dance in a catsuit and when he said “but wait there’s a steam engine sound in the song (referencing titanic) how is that gonna work if it’s set in space?” She just said I trust you would figure that out and hang up. 

Joseph Kahn recalls how he had an elaborate plot for Stronger with a war scene and epic battle and she listened politely only to say “um I just want to dance on a chair” even Larry Rudolph once said she’s highly involved in her concepts which is why I never believed it when people said she hated the video. Maybe a dance move or something small but not to the point of trashing the entire video after knowing how much work and money goes into it, plus so many symbolisms especially if someone wants to be portrayed in chains and in a cage. 

Great point

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, reVolution said:

The question is who came up with the concept? Britney or Lachapelle?

Essentially what @Puppy said. LaChapelle did say that the only direction Britney gave him was she wanted to be filmed in cage and he originally envisioned it as a power lioness position but she wanted to be portrayed more  as a “scared kitten”. I think that’s when he realized what to do and brought this concept to life. With all that said I really wish we knew more BTS facts and saw more from the shoot. It really seemed to be a creative rebirth for Britney 

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Puppy said:

Couldn’t agree more. It’s delusional to think Britney hate Lachapelle concept and went for Randee instead. Britney have brain and taste y’know. :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
56 minutes ago, neverover said:

Couldn’t agree more. It’s delusional to think Britney hate Lachapelle concept and went for Randee instead. Britney have brain and taste y’know. :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

Not to mention she looks more alive in the David Lachappelle video compared to dead in the eyes Randee video. Always feel like Lou just wanted a way to get an agent’s fee for herself since Randee is represented by her. 

• Like 1