Make Me Original Video Deep Dive

59 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

For me, I just saw it as a contrast between good and evil. Or reality vs. illusion/fantasy. She makes several references to that (e.g., basement = underground world). I got the sense she’s trapped in her own personal hell, which she may be making parallels in her own actual celebrity life. With the song, she sees love as her way of refuge and freedom while taking steps to build that refuge on Earth (e.g. Heaven on Earth). Again, we see that as breaking down her home (current circumstances/existence) and building it back up again. Home is where the heart, as cheesy as that is. Except, Britney pairs it with hot dancers :wink_britney_everytime_white:

I think that part was to showcase her struggles ... bringing something she fantasizes to life. TV represents escapism and/or hope for many. It can also be illusionary, especially for those using that platform. I see that as her frustrations to break free from it and bringing something more tangible in her life. Again, I see this as an example of someone struggling to bring their fantasy or dreams of the kind of ideal life they want to fruition. 

58 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

Great analysis. :wink_britney_everytime_white:

Btw I have a theory too. I think the TV's around the house were supposed to start playing the G-Eazy scene implicating that she no longer has privacy because she looks devastated that everyone around her sees her private life and tries to cover the TV. Then she tries to take control on her own hands and throws the TV out of the window and suddenly she is on a cage. So she ended up hurting the one that was closest to her AND had her freedom taken away. Also notice how the Soundstage Britney is suddenly looking insecure and avoids direct eye contact with camera while these scenes play. 

She really tried to give us another symbolic and metaphorical video like HIAM but her team tried to destroy her vision as always. 

I think that part was to showcase her struggles ... bringing something she fantasizes to life. TV represents escapism and/or hope for many. It can also be illusionary, especially for those using that platform. I see that as her frustrations to break free from it and bringing something more tangible in her life. Again, I see this as an example of someone struggling to bring their fantasy or dreams of the kind of ideal life they want to fruition. 

Great analysis. Your point about the Adam and Eve eviction (wild! I never read it) is really good and overall I agree with you. I wonder what happened with this video and I always will. Part of me thinks its brilliant, but part of me thinks that trying to make a point of Britney's commodification and hyper***ualization by commodifying and hyper***ualizing her misses the mark a bit. The G-Eazy part I hate and I think you're definitely supposed to be uncomfortable like you said, especially since, like you said, we never see Britney's face but I still just ... I don't like it lol, and I feel like the GP would never interpret this on any symbolic level and just take it as raunchy. My other big problem with the video is the guy doggie-style humping Brit in the beginning dance scene lol but obv you can make the same case for that (even moreso because it is a "video shoot"). 

Anyway, overall, I think it's one of Brit's best videos and has so much to analyze. But I'll forever wonder about the leaked video of her on the bulldozer saying "I don't like it" or whatever, and part of me thinks that ultimately she decided to scrap this vid. I wish we knew what happened!

• Like 3

Great post!

I've been thinking about this video lately, with all the new pictures going around. The leaked video is probably not the final version. The timing of the leak (around april 2019 I think), makes me think that they pulled some scenes together to distract us from the movement, but it's definitely not the final version that David had in mind.

• Like 2

As soon as I saw the first full leak it was clear that her Dad and the Team scraped it. 

Which is weird, I think that they would have had to approve the story board...maybe the storyboard was different than what they got. I think it was probably sold as the "Adam and Eve" plot. Something that those religious nut jobs would have loved. The concept was probably her being in this paradise, and being a bad girl, and getting kicked out and destroying the paradise....but in the end it was more a statement of a woman being trapped. 

I hope Britney releases the real edit someday, because I do not think she is the one who said no. I think David was told it was her, but in reality Papa Spears and Team Lou, did not want any message out there that she was trapped. 

• Love 4

Very interesting analysis !! Very well done, thank you !

Funny thing, this is the first time I notice that it's NOT britney in the beginning of the video (it's some random girl) I first noticed it from the walk and the ***, then by the side of the face of the double AND it's not the same outfit that britney wears (This one is more G-string than the one the real Britney wears) It's an irrelevant remark but wanted to share.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Urbanney said:

This post really got no comments? :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap: 

The effort, the attention to detail, the analysis :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Featured

Omg I think this is my featured post I’m honored!! :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

thank you guys for all the comments!! What I love about art is that everyone has their own interpretation, feelings, and opinions and that’s what makes the piece art. This video is definitely art and I love to read other people’s analysis of it.

• Love 2