Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys' song "Matches" hits 3 million views on Youtube

I can't believe so many of you can't appreciate this masterpiece, it's a perfect example of the pop music of the 90s, and Britney's beginnings.

And this collaboration is truly iconic.

New or young fans should learn some basic pop history, things don't just come out of thin air!

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Man this would’ve smashed in 2000. I don’t love it but it had me enough to get excited about the vinyl release. They were 20 years too late and Britney had no knowledge of this song coming out imo. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad: 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

I can't believe so many of you can't appreciate this masterpiece, it's a perfect example of the pop music of the 90s, and Britney's beginnings.

New or young fans should learn some basic pop history, things don't just come out of thin air!

It would’ve been really good for radio about 10 years ago and perhaps could’ve salvaged Backstreet a real mainstream comeback. Alas, while it was fun enough to convince me to buy the vinyl, I don’t think Britney knows about this release really being a Collab (or at least probably didn’t know)?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Matches is that Bop we had all been waiting for. I’ll admit it’s not a perfect song, but it would have been a Big Summer Smash. It’s really fun, I wish there were some official remixes, though. 

I wish there were no remixes unless it was one produced by Max Martin to give it a Y2K TEEN POP spin. Otherwise I don’t wanna hear more pride remixes and stuff like they did with Mood Ring. To think we could’ve had one less  MOOD RING remix on the re release if they  replaced it w Exhaloic. On that front, I do think that Matches was originally a duet so it’s technically already a remix 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

:tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Rick101 said:

I wish there were no remixes unless it was one produced by Max Martin to give it a Y2K TEEN POP spin. Otherwise I don’t wanna hear more pride remixes and stuff like they did with Mood Ring. To think we could’ve had one less  MOOD RING remix on the re release if they  replaced it w Exhaloic. On that front, I do think that Matches was originally a duet so it’s technically already a remix 

Thanks for posting Exaholic!  When I first heard it, I wasn't feeling it too much and kind of dismissed it and didn't play it again.  But I just listened to it, since you posted it and now it clicked.  This song is fire!

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

Thanks for posting Exaholic!  When I first heard it, I wasn't feeling it too much and kind of dismissed it and didn't play it again.  But I just listened to it, since you posted it and now it clicked.  This song is fire!

:livinggg_dancing_killing_it_party_music_grooving_pink: 

• Love 1

I’ll never understand people’s problem with this song. Is it just this forum that doesn’t like it? There are reaction videos of people on YouTube listening to it and they all love it. Personally I like It. We hadnt gotten anything new from her since 2016 so it was nice to finally hear some “new Britney” for a change. 

• Love 1