Is Britney On MJ's level?

On 12/13/2020 at 11:14 PM, Justney said:

Ok ok I see a lot of warranted no's, and I definitely agree.  I think my original question was too general and vague. 

Britney doesnt touch Michael Jackson's level, but I think in the first years of her career she was really close as a phenomenon,  one which I've only seen Beiber get so close to being similar as Britney. And even then in a lot of ways Justin has surpassed her with sustainability and ever evolving maturity in his songs and sound--unlike Britney who has stayed stuck to ***/party type songs since 2007. 

But undeniably Britney made a deep mark on the music industry so quickly after her debut,  that she was soon revered as princess of pop. I know they hand that title out like candy now but THERE is a reason why she was the only princess of pop next to michael and madonna and (sometimes included JT as prince). That's where I can't explain to my brother why she was so special she could reach MJ like royalty in the pop pyramid. 

Anyone can look at her career now and laugh and say she's a has-been or she "went crazy and burned her career" or whatever the gp thinks after looking at her albums past Blackout and the charts or whatever but before all of that Britney was a world wide explosion.  That's what I meant.  She WAS mesmerizing to watch.  Everybody parodied her everywhere like go back to early 2000s shows like icarly or fairly odd parents they all had a Britney character. She was in the news daily,  on magazine covers weekly and everyone had a strong opinion of her.  She broke records at the time didn't she?

That's more of what I was talking about.  MJ is definitely next level and will be long remembered whereas  Britney sadly has been on her way to being forgotten in a long list of other pop stars since her break down. But those magic prime years I really really think she was close because she was a huge deal,  not because of his talent vs her talent. My brother didn't get to see her when she was a huge deal so he thinks she was no different than maybe Ariana Grande or Billie Eilish in terms of her prime career.  But there's a huge difference.  I just wasnt sure how to express that to him.

This is incredibly unfair when Britney innovated herself with Slave and then again with Toxic and then again with Gimme More and then again with hold it against me. Bieber comes nowhere close to this range. And she did all of it well. People still see Oops! as one of the ultimate pop songs

He doesn't understand why Britney is big because Britney seems like any other popstar nowadays... But that's because Britney literally shaped pop for a good decade. It doesn't seem impressive because it seems like the standard, but that's because she made that the standard. 

• Like 2

Okay, okay, okay BUT notice that MJ for new generation of young people is irrelevant. His songs are just old and they aren't timeless, they sound old for young people. I know maybe one of his songs that I can name tbh. Mostly my generation isn't really interested in him. When it comes to Britney her songs still sound ahead of its time, timeless and even futuristic for example Toxic, Gimme More - whole Blackout... and new generation starts to discover her music now in that current streaming era and love it cause that music is great and powerful. As a person who was born in early 2000s and didn't really had opportunity to experience Britney's golden years, I really see her now as a huge legend, like it all sounds so unreal and legendary that it was going on. It's just iconic, I'm like so jealous of people that were experiencing her prime tbh. I'm not gonna lie, from my perspective I see her even bigger at this legend level than some MJ. And Britney has 49833394 iconic moments that everyone heard of. This legend status comes with time... Britney and all of it will probably feel even more iconic and legendary than it is rn in 20 years 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, BabkaAutorka said:

Okay, okay, okay BUT notice that MJ for new generation of young people is irrelevant. His songs are just old and they aren't timeless, they sound old for young people. I know maybe one of his songs that I can name tbh. Mostly my generation isn't really interested in him. When it comes to Britney her songs still sound ahead of its time, timeless and even futuristic for example Toxic, Gimme More - whole Blackout... and new generation starts to discover her music now in that current streaming era and love it cause that music is great and powerful. As a person who was born in early 2000s and didn't really had opportunity to experience Britney's golden years, I really see her now as a huge legend, like it all sounds so unreal and legendary that it was going on. It's just iconic, I'm like so jealous of people that were experiencing her prime tbh. I'm not gonna lie, from my perspective I see her even bigger at this legend level than some MJ. And Britney has 49833394 iconic moments that everyone heard of. This legend status comes with time... Britney and all of it will probably feel even more iconic and legendary than it is rn in 20 years 

:orangu_orangutan_ape:.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, BabkaAutorka said:

Dude Britney even now does not stand as legendary as MJ that still 12 years after death is so relevant. Each year he earns great and each year is listed as the best earning dead person in history! 

His music does not sound old and remember his songs are almost 40 year old(I mean Thriller ,Bad). His "Man in the mirror" or "We are the world""Heal the world" or "Earth song","Black or white"are so universal and touch topics that are relevant even now days. Thriller is always being played in the time of Halloween. Invincible from 2001 was chosen in 2009 as the album of the decade. Two albums after his death were doing great on the charts. "Hold my hand" or "Love never felt so good"were huge hits.

And for sure MJ sold much more records since 2009 than Britney since 2009. 

Still more people know who was MJ rather than who Britney Spears is. Recently I met 27 guy from Afganistan. From all western stars he knew only MJ.

Since his death MJ earned 2 billions dollars,Britney even does not stand next to it .

Britney was on the way to be great artist but since CONservatorship she stopped being on this path.

MJ broke record of selling tickets in 2009 almost 1 million tickets in 4 hours few weeks before his death at the age of 50 after over 40 years of career after 2005 trial that was supposed to destroy him as per media's wish. 

I doubt Britney could do that now or even ever.

So dude what you wrote is not true. I am 24 years old and I listen to MJ daily. Your post just shows you have a bad taste ūü§£ūü§£ūü§£

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MadameFreedom said:

I am 24 years old and I listen to MJ daily. Your post just shows you have a bad taste ūü§£ūü§£ūü§£

Don't poop your pants with these haha emojis lmao.

Isnt MJ a ********* or something?? Such a legend.....

• Haha 1

If Britneys prime would have been longer, I would say yes. 

As people they're very similar. Both kinda shy and down to earth, too kind and therefore destroyed by the media. Both are interesting as people, but when it comes to career Britney's flame burned out too quickly. As an artist she was only relevant for max 10 years. MJ's music also tackled a wider variety of subjects, and he was not afraid to speak out on topics such as racial injustice (They Don't Care About Us) ect. Britney's music is mainly about partying, having fun, *** ect. 

I think both are legendary tho, just on different levels.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, FeedTheStans said:

If Britneys prime would have been longer, I would say yes. 

As people they're very similar. Both kinda shy and down to earth, too kind and therefore destroyed by the media. Both are interesting as people, but when it comes to career Britney's flame burned out too quickly. As an artist she was only relevant for max 10 years. MJ's music also tackled a wider variety of subjects, and he was not afraid to speak out on topics such as racial injustice (They Don't Care About Us) ect. Britney's music is mainly about partying, having fun, *** ect. 

I think both are legendary tho, just on different levels.

tenor.gif

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, BabkaAutorka said:

Don't poop your pants with these haha emojis lmao.

Isnt MJ a ********* or something?? Such a legend.....

Are you ********* or something? Dude you have just a bad taste face it. And I am saying it as Z generation. MJ sounds old this much so he sold 16 millions of his albums only in the US(worldwide number gets only higher)since 2009.

Nice result for someone who's music sound old...

MJ became big till his death ,Britney at the age of 39 already is nostalgia act and many many years after her peak. MJ had his trial in 2005 and in 2009 broke a record of selling 1 million tickets in almost 4 hours.

Britney didn't do that during her peak I doubt she could do that at the age of 50.

MJ at her current age was just after successful History era with hits like You are not alone,Scream,Earth Song,They don't care about us holding some concerts and preparing to make a new album and celebrate 30 years of career. His History tour was great success and was seen by 4.4 millions people all around the world.

Britney the last successful era had 10 years ago during Famme Fatale at the age of 29.

It says it all Britney is not on MJ level but she was on her way but not anymore.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, MadameFreedom said:

Are you ********* or something? 

Wow. You showed your ******* level right now, u are disgusting. Assuming that someone (me) is a ********* for NO reason, only because u wanted to diss me and because of your idol MJ's longtime rumors of p*******a. I'll see u in court. 

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, BabkaAutorka said:

His songs are just old and they aren't timeless

So songs about racism and inequality are considered less timeless than "e-mail my heart". :surejan:

Also I was born in the late 00s and girl, the '80s is not that old, why u acting like it's 3000000000 years ago. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Facts are facts, we been knew Britney never got the acclaim or recognizability that Michael did, with Britney, she was ALWAYS being scrutinized. Michael was scrutinized but he still had many respect him. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1
17 hours ago, BabkaAutorka said:

When it comes to Britney her songs still sound ahead of its time, timeless and even futuristic for example Toxic, Gimme More - whole Blackout... and new generation starts to discover her music now in that current streaming era and love it cause that music is great and powerful.

I will say, you got this spot on. :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

Some of y'all are REALLY showing your millennial age right now with this MJ slander...

I love Britney to death. She was probably the first female artist I fell in love with & had a deep fandom for, and obviously she's an icon, and in some people's eyes, a legend. But she is not and never will be on MJ's level. No one will be. But that's not a knock on her. Literally Madonna & Prince weren't on his level and they came from the same era he did, at least in terms of his solo career. And you know why that never hurt them? Because they're on their own level. Prince is a legend, Madonna is a legend, David Bowie, the list goes on... they're in their own line, just like MJ was. Same applies to Britney. Plus, Britney's era is/was much different than Michael's.

I could go on and on, but basically, she's not on his level and that's okay. She wasn't built to be on his level because that's impossible. He was at a level that no one, not even his legendary peers, could reach. But that doesn't make Britney any less of the icon that she is.

Also, MJ was not a pédo. He was and always will be innocent. That's all I'm gonna say. Y'all can do your research. :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

• Love 1