Victoria Justice serves self empowerment on "Treat Myself" | Review

Victoria Justice serves self empowerment on “Treat Myself”.  

On her latest guilty pop pleasure, Victoria Justice is promoting treating yourself better (:firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:).  Over the 3 minute track, Ms. Justice allows herself self indulgence as she glides a soft vocal over a smooth pop-rn’b beat.

Victoria has taken a left lane turn from the bright, bubbly, childish pop songs and image she invented during her 3 year run on the Nickelodeon tv show, “Victorious”.  Vic is now serving mature adult woman.  

“Treat Myself”, is simply just a taste of the upcoming 4th studio album from Ms. Justice.  (Yes, she has 3 albums already).  It is her first studio release since 2013’s single “Gold”, “Shake”, and the 2014 promo single, “Caught Up in You”.  

Overall, “Treat Myself”, is a perfect example of where pop music is in 2020, not bubbly and bright, but not dark and dim.  Victoria provides what music for pop will sound like going forward, for both good and bad.  Victoria Justice, pop’s most forgotten about star, will soundtrack that.  

Better than anything on Positions Imo :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

What does everything think?  Have you listened yet?  If so what do like about it?  What do you dislike? 

9E16429C-7E80-4B68-8EE2-F702F79491E3.jpeg

• Love 6
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Ok I discovered this song recently and I LOVE IT. I’ve never really been a fan of Victoria, so I didn’t seek out her new music, but found this song on Spotify through a playlist, and I can’t stop listening to it.

Tbh I think her vocals are kinda not great, and this is coming from someone who doesn’t pay attention to vocals much, but the song is so good it makes up for it. I think this might have blown up more if sang by a more popular artist. It seems like it fits Olivia O’Brien, Selena Gomez, and Julia Michaels’ musical vibe.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block