Shawn Mendes' new album "Wonder" hits #1 with 89K in sales

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Update: Shawn Mendes earned his fourth #1 album with Wonder.

Via Billboard: Shawn sold 89,000 equivalent album units in the U.S. : album sales comprise 54,000, SEA units comprise 34,000 (equaling 46.92 million on-demand streams of the album’s songs) and TEA units comprise 1,000.

Earlier:

Shawn Mendes was once a streaming juggernaut, and although the predicted figures are still impressive, they're nowhere near where he used to be.

HDD predicts Wonder will debut with 85-95k total activity (sales + streaming), 45-55k in physical album sales.

For reference, his 2018 self-titled debuted with 182,000 album-equivalent units (including 142,000 pure album sales).

His Witness era. 

Exhale, why do you think he's not resonating with people the way he once had? 

Related:

wonder-sales.jpg.9a4f7097f2aebbf778907fe7477451d4.jpg

9 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Shawn Mendes was once a streaming juggernaut, and although the predicted figures are still impressive, they're nowhere near where he used to be.

HDD predicts Wonder will debut with 85-95k total activity (sales + streaming), 45-55k in physical album sales.

For reference, his 2018 self-titled debuted with 182,000 album-equivalent units (including 142,000 pure album sales).

His Witness era. 

wonder-sales.jpg.9a4f7097f2aebbf778907fe7477451d4.jpg

The music isn't great. I tried the album, just mid-tempo songs about his life (which isn't that interesting at this point). It's a boring album. Nothing stood out as a song that you "have to hear", it's all just blahh.. that's my opinion though, music is 100% subjective. But clearly the GP is leaning towards the same opinion.

• Like 4
  • Leader
6 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I think that whether or not the whole Camila relationship rumors are true or false, the whole thing is rather off-putting to people. The old adage of "all press is good press" is definitely not true imo. 

100% agreed. The idea of him being single I think was alluring. I watched his new Netflix doc which was good btw. He basically admits he couldn't keep up the facade any longer. 

• Like 1

I feel like there’s no genuine hit on this album. I don’t really listen to him anyways, but, his last album was the one with in my blood right? That one had some really good songs on it. It seems like ppl REALLY hate he and Camilla together, it doesn’t bug, but I’m still not really a huge fan of him to begin with. Tbh, he just seems boring. And the look I’ve seen him sporting this era from what I’ve seen.... I dunno, it’s like he’s trying to look like a homeless bum like Bieber was for a while. 

also there have been a LOT of pop albums this year, a lot of them really good. I don’t know if fans have time and energy to invest in listening to them all. 

• Like 2

He seems so bland tbh. I've watched a lot of his interviews for this era's promo and idk what it is, but he is sooo boring and where as before I found extremely attractive, his weight loss and dirty long hair is such a turn off. I guess being in a long-term relationship has made him comfortable? All the things I liked about him before aren't there anymore: the charm, the mystery, the looks, the song writing, the melodies. 

Oh and I really can't stand Camila, so him constantly being asked about her (I know thats his sugar boo) but I dont wanna be reminded of her (and not because im one of the delusional fans that think if they are single, I will have a chance with him, I just dont like the betch)

Camila Cabello Disgusted GIF - CamilaCabello Disgusted Ewww - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Honestly I think it’s simpler than we think - it’s just because no one cares. Speaking for myself, I don’t know what Shawn did to get any hate (I doubt it’s Camila...) but when I heard Wonder was released I simply didn’t care to listen to it until like yesterday, and I stopped in the middle of the 4th song  :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Plus it’s a very predictable album, and the little I heard off of it really didn’t make me wanna keep listening :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block