FKA Twigs sues Shia LaBeouf citing 'relentless' abusive relationship, LaBeouf doesn't deny claims

Urbanney

The New York Times has reported that FKA Twigs has sued Shia LaBeouf for a 'relentless' abusive relationship. FKA Twigs has said LaBeouf has:

• Recklessly drove, removing his seatbelt and threatening to crash unless Twigs confessed her love for him.
  • After Twigs begged to be released from his car, he followed her, assaulted her, and threw her against the car while screaming in her face and forced her back in the car
  • Raged at Twigs throughout a trip
  • Choked her in the middle of the night, waking her up
  • Knowingly gave FKA Twigs a ***ually transmitted disease 

FKA Twigs says that she wanted to raise awareness that even an artist with money, a home, and strong network of supporters could be caught up in an abusive cycle.

Mr. LaBeouf responded Thursday to the concerns raised by Ms. Barnett, and a second former girlfriend who has accused him of abusive behavior, in an email that broadly addressed his conduct.

“I’m not in any position to tell anyone how my behavior made them feel,” he said in an email to The New York Times. “I have no excuses for my alcoholism or aggression, only rationalizations. I have been abusive to myself and everyone around me for years. I have a history of hurting the people closest to me. I’m ashamed of that history and am sorry to those I hurt. There is nothing else I can really say.”

This is so scary and awful. It's so brave and courageous for FKA Twigs to go public about this and stand up to her abuser. Thoughts?

00suit1-superJumbo.jpg

• Love 3

Poor FKA. That **** had to leave several mental scars. No one deserves treatment like that at all. Cheers to her healing. 

Also, it's... idk.. nice to see lebeouf kinda own up? So many abusers just end up making excuses and painting themselves as the victims somehow and it sucks cause it creates a cycle or template for other abusers to follow. I'm not at all excusing his abusive behavior nor putting his statements on a pedestal but itd be nice to see abusers recognize the damage they've done more often and address it. I mean he's still trash and no one should come within a 100 yard radius lmao.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, void priestess said:

Poor FKA. That **** had to leave several mental scars. No one deserves treatment like that at all. Cheers to her healing. 

Also, it's... idk.. nice to see lebeouf kinda own up? So many abusers just end up making excuses and painting themselves as the victims somehow and it sucks cause it creates a cycle or template for other abusers to follow. I'm not at all excusing his abusive behavior nor putting his statements on a pedestal but itd be nice to see abusers recognize the damage they've done more often and address it. I mean he's still trash and no one should come within a 100 yard radius lmao.

Or he's a sociopath and knows that saying that will make him look better. :new_york_breathless_uncannyxman:

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

I hate Shia. He’s awful. Poor FKA :(

You think it’s Disney that left him so damaged? Or were these “quirky” kids always off and it just got worse as they aged? 

Idk the details but him and his dad have a history i think that might have contributed to his struggles. 

• Content Curators
3 hours ago, void priestess said:

He has done it to multiple girlfriends and this was all captured in public. However, Hollywood didn't seem to care.

Even at the beginning of his statement, he talked about how much he abused himself to make himself a victim as well. It's funny to see some SJW go all crazy on people and have BLM, but defend this fake woke guy. (Not referring to you, just some SJW on Twitter)

• Like 2
Just now, Invitation said:

He has done it to multiple girlfriends and this was all captured in public. However, Hollywood didn't seem to care.

Even at the beginning of his statement, he talked about how much he abused himself to make himself a victim as well. It's funny to see some SJW go all crazy on people and have BLM, but defend this fake woke guy. (Not referring to you, just some SJW on Twitter)

Tbf I haven't kept up with him at all. I knew he was off his rocker pretty good some years ago. And I realized in this post that this has clearly happened before.

But yea I'm not defending him. Just the tiny bit of idealism left in me that would like to think some folks can genuinely apologize and recognize their awful behavior. But yea I'm probably wrong and he's being manipulative 

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
2 minutes ago, void priestess said:

Tbf I haven't kept up with him at all. I knew he was off his rocker pretty good some years ago. And I realized in this post that this has clearly happened before.

But yea I'm not defending him. Just the tiny bit of idealism left in me that would like to think some folks can genuinely apologize and recognize their awful behavior. But yea I'm probably wrong and he's being manipulative 

He kinda threatened to kill one of his ex-gfs before, after they had a big fight and strangers took a video of it.

If FKA twigs wasn't so respected, this would've gone other way because Shia had been so 'woke' in recent years.

Just now, Invitation said:

He kinda threatened to kill one of his ex-gfs before, after they had a big fight and strangers took a video of it.

If FKA twigs wasn't so respected, this would've gone other way because Shia had been so 'woke' in recent years.

See that's how under a rock I am about certain celebrity stuff. I didn't even know about that. 

All I knew was circa 2015 2016 he was doing some weird ****, and everyone was talking about that and memeing on it. That's legit the extent I knew. 

• Content Curators
1 minute ago, void priestess said:

See that's how under a rock I am about certain celebrity stuff. I didn't even know about that. 

All I knew was circa 2015 2016 he was doing some weird ****, and everyone was talking about that and memeing on it. That's legit the extent I knew. 

I didn't know either. Just knew he's difficult to work with and found his woke for PR persona annoying.

This news opened my eyes to all those horrible things he did in the past. The fact we didn't know showed Hollywood didn't care about those incidents to make it a big deal. Maybe this one will finally end his career.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Invitation said:

I didn't know either. Just knew he's difficult to work with and found his woke for PR persona annoying.

This news opened my eyes to all those horrible things he did in the past. The fact we didn't know showed Hollywood didn't care about those incidents to make it a big deal. Maybe this one will finally end his career.

Yeaaaa unfortunately that seems to be the norm for Hollywood too. 

Lots of rugs that if you lifted them up, thered be decades old clusters of dust and closets full of skeletons. :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

p*******a, ***ual assault, physical,/emotional abuse. It gets normalized, defended, straight up swept under rugs, and the abusers career is revitalized after a while.

• Like 3

I don't mean to take away from FKA but this is how messed up Hollywood is. They have been giving this dude chance after chance after chance and I guarantee that he will do an apology tour and be back as a leading man in films. 

Yet, Lindsay Lohan has been black balled from the industry for years. She's never done as much damage as Shia and yet she had to move across the world for work. The double standards in U.S. media is rubbish.

• Love 5
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block