Shawn Mendes: there's a desperation for me to come out as being gay | Update: Shawn comments on the gay rumors again

I feel bad for him... I think if he really was gay he would've come out by now. I think it says a lot about society and how we feel about ***uality and gender norms. The fact that we feel the need to label him or anyone for that matter based on certain stereotypes is very close-minded.

44 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I have noticed that the gay community seems to press on his ***uality. I’ve jokingly pressed the question but I could care less :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

I’ve never listened to one of his albums but some of his singles are charming. The rest of his music sounds like a whiny beaver singing :angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill:

Other than that he’s dating Camila Cabello who doesn’t have a good rep right now...they’re both thrown into our faces and are probably the next “Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica” :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:

I think cause we also recognize the signs and our internal struggles with always having to defend our ***uality. If you have to passionately defend that you’re straight you most likely aren’t. Then again it’s not our business to keep prying, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he does come out when he’s no longer popular and blame it on being young and scared about a certain reputation to uphold 

• Like 2

People think he and Camilla are unashamedly racist. 

Also, it seems like all he is doing in this era of his music is complaining. The music industry might not be the best place for him. 3 therapists and 55 self-help books and still hasn't figured out his anxiety is stemming from being in the public eye and caring too much what other people think of him/are saying. 

Imo he would be happier as a songwriter/producer for other artists. Be more of a behind the scenes person. That would give him more peace of mind, imo.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I think cause we also recognize the signs and our internal struggles with always having to defend our ***uality. If you have to passionately defend that you’re straight you most likely aren’t. Then again it’s not our business to keep prying, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he does come out when he’s no longer popular and blame it on being young and scared about a certain reputation to uphold 

Yeah, that's why these interviews are kind of cringe. Mostly because I feel like it would be more embarrassing if he actually takes the L and comes out later in life. If he really is straight, he should just take the Zac Efron approach and just ignore until it goes away. If I were him I would just play the game and troll the hell out of the media. Him showing how sensitive he is to criticism is not a good look. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, E.E. said:

I feel bad for him... I think if he really was gay he would've come out by now. I think it says a lot about society and how we feel about ***uality and gender norms. The fact that we feel the need to label him or anyone for that matter based on certain stereotypes is very close-minded.

I don't see a reason why to feel bad for him. We all face judgments from other on a daily basis. He chose to go into this sort of industry and sadly this is something that comes with it. He should be laughing all the way to the bank. In fact, if I were him I would take the Nick Jonas queer baiting route and give the gays everything they want. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

I don't see a reason why to feel bad for him. We all face judgments from other on a daily basis. He chose to go into this sort of industry and sadly this is something that comes with it. He should be laughing all the way to the bank. In fact, if I were him I would take the Nick Jonas queer baiting route and give the gays everything they want. 

Yeah those are good points! 

• Love 1

He is blessed that the gay community has any interest in him at all. He could easily stay relevant if embraces his gay fan base like Harry Styles and yet his own homophobia comes out. 

he’s destroying his career because he’s ashamed of being perceived as gay.  Can’t support an artist who would rather lose than embrace his gay following. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

I dont see what's specifically gay about Mendes for ppl to presume that :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:.

On the other hand I think Harry Styles screams closeted bi***ual/*******ual :well_cookie_monster_point_blue_black:.

Harry Styles: ‘I’m not just sprinkling in ***ual ambiguity to be interesting’. ...Well why the f are you wearing dresses then; cuz you enjoy it and are not cis :sipney_britney_starbucks_straw_sipping_drinking_spill:. Or you're a liar :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised:

Have you seen Shawn speak during an interview? He screams FEM. He talks with his hands and has gay mannerisms. Of course, that is a bit stereotypical but it’s a little true. I mean... there’s a reason these rumors will never stop. 

I don’t think it’s fair to constantly judge the man but he’s a public figure and that just comes with the job. 

I don’t care either way, but the new Wonder album he wrote for Camila is sooooooo basic and full of clichés. Like typical **** you say when it’s your first time in a relationship and you think everything is rainbows and butterflies. Doesn’t seem genuine or authentic. Makes me wonder. He’s just filling her up with empty words.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block