Shawn Mendes: there's a desperation for me to come out as being gay | Update: Shawn comments on the gay rumors again

49 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

And if he's not gay, then he's just a very gay acting straight man in a very weird relationship. 

I couldn't agree more. We can take him at his word that he's hetero, that's fine; but there's no denying that he shares some mannerisms and traits with us gay boys. There's literally nothing wrong with that. If anything, it's a tad homophobic to imply that pointing out feminine traits in a straight man is bad. It's the most normal humdrum observation ever.  I dunno why some folks here are acting like discussing his relationship or orientation is breaking some sort of sacred rule or something. This comes with the territory when you're in the public eye. If it was an inappropriate topic for discussion Jordan wouldn't have posted it. :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

• Love 3

His personal life aside, I think this  is more of a case of the same thing I keep telling over and over, like with Katy Perry and her recent lack of popularity. 

People like Britney Spears, who is considered by many as having no talent or whatever, are mostly responsible for creating this standard or this illusion that being successful, or having a continuously successful career for many years, is something very easily attainable, when it's not. 

All these new acts come out, have a few hit singles or hit albums, and suddenly the world, or they themselves are expecting to keep repeating the same success pattern over and over, just because they had luck once or twice. Ok, maybe it was more than luck, but in that precise time they released the particular single or particular album that had success, the situation was favorable for that to happen, but nowadays, times change very quickly, audiences get tired or bored very quickly, new artists pop up every day, so it's very normal, now more than ever, that if something was popular yesterday, today is not anymore, and it's not the artists' blame, but just the world that changes very rapidly and just aren't here anymore for what they worshipped last year or so. 

People like Britney who was still having hits more than 10 years into her career, that's not the standard, that's actually very rare. How many peers of hers that came out around the same time, didn't even make it past the second or third single? 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I couldn't agree more. We can take him at his word that he's hetero, that's fine; but there's no denying that he shares some mannerisms and traits with us gay boys. There's literally nothing wrong with that. If anything, it's a tad homophobic to imply that pointing out feminine traits in a straight man is bad. It's the most normal humdrum observation ever.  I dunno why some folks here are acting like discussing his relationship or orientation is breaking some sort of sacred rule or something. This comes with the territory when you're in the public eye. If it was an inappropriate topic for discussion Jordan wouldn't have posted it. :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

He's said multiple times that he's not gay, so I don't see the point in discussing his ***uality as much as people do (especially since he's expressed multiple times that he hates it, and that it causes him distress). Furthermore, it becomes a problem when people say things like, "No, you're not, sweetie. You're either lying or don't know that you're gay yet," which I've seen a lot. Shawn himself said it best - it's literally gaslighting.

• Love 2

This is why I hate the community sometimes, it's like they want our rights to be taken away. Not everyone is going to be okay with being LGBTQ because it is different and unfortunately unnatural in a biological sense. I have always said as a gay man I can understand the confusion or not understanding because sometimes I dont, but no matter what the case is as long as they are not harming me physically I can handle the emotional ****. What I dont like is having to tell people I'm not like the community or the stereotype because that's how we are viewed. I have to constantly worry how I act and what I am doing so I dont get lumped in. 

I also hate how gays sometimes care more about the ***ual side kf being gay, it really ruins the idea of us being able to have a serious relationship. When gays ask me how I've been in a 7 year relationship it's because I dont want to just suck **** and find the hottest guys. I want the normal family that all my straight friends are beginning to start and have. Sorry for the rant but yeah stuff like making people out to be gay irritates me because it hurts gays that are just trying to be normal in society. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

He's said multiple times that he's not gay, so I don't see the point in discussing his ***uality as much as people do (especially since he's expressed multiple times that he hates it, and that it causes him distress). Furthermore, it becomes a problem when people say things like, "No, you're not, sweetie. You're either lying or don't know that you're gay yet," which I've seen a lot. Shawn himself said it best - it's literally gaslighting.

I agree and I personally don't have a lot of interest in the topic but I think it's ridiculous to expect people to not discuss this. No matter how pointless or uncomfy the topic is, people can't be expected to not speculate about those in the public eye. You can be upset about it all you want but it's not realistic. It's human nature to take interest in potentially salacious topics. I'd love to see people stop bringing up Brit's head shaving incident, her lip-syncing, shading the gimme more vma, posting the ambulance photos etc etc etc but yet I stumble upon these on twitter daily and there's nothing I can do about it. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I agree and I personally don't have a lot of interest in the topic but I think it's ridiculous to expect people to not discuss this. No matter how pointless or uncomfy the topic is, people can't be expected to not speculate about those in the public eye. You can be upset about it all you want but it's not realistic. It's human nature to take interest in potentially salacious topics. I'd love to see people stop bringing up Brit's head shaving incident, her lip-syncing, shading the gimme more vma, posting the ambulance photos etc etc etc but yet I stumble upon these on twitter daily and there's nothing I can do about it. 

I mean, I don't disagree. In fact, I've always said that people shouldn't whine about internet trolls because a-holes will always exist. Like, there's nothing one can do about trolls, so it's best to ignore them since words are just words anyway. It's just that you'd expect the Gays™, of all people, to know better in this specific situation.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LFurbish89 said:

It’s really sad that someone is being accused of lying about their ***uality by people who have zero proof. We need to be better as LGBTQ people. We are essentially doing to him what was done to (many of) us in middle school.

Also the new album is fantastic.

Exactly i see bunch of gays doing that sick **** on twitter and it's so disgusting , some people are so hypocritical and selfish , they're lying to themselves about someone else's ***uality to satisfy their own desires and borderline ***ual harass the man , but it's only a problem when straights are doing it .... Sickening.....  

And btw , who cares ...... His music is as useless as taylor swifts discography :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

39 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I agree.

Those same folks are the same people that will harass JT every time he mentions Britney :clownery_makeup_meme:.

This is what being a popstar is.. Relationships and speculation over orientation go hand in hand with it. I don't see the problem. The fact that it keeps coming up is what's weird. Let people talk, it keeps him in the public eye which is what's actually important.

• Love 1

Oh my goodness, @Jordan Miller

Two things:

1. Isn’t it ridiculous that you can’t even write ***uality without being censored?

2. Can we stop trying to correlate poor sales with anything other than the music he puts out? Leave his image, weight, relationships, and ***uality out of this, unless you’re fighting the stereotyping. You’re perpetuating the same narratives that destroyed Britney.

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block