Rank The Following Female Rappers In Terms of Impact & Success

1 hour ago, Groundbreaking said:

michelle obama GIF by Election 2016 What would your list be if those female rappers were there? Mine would be more or less very same just like @dr35's.

I would switch the position of Nicki with the position of Missy. If possible, I would put them at the same line. In addition, I would definitely switch the positions of Cardi B and Lil' Kim. To my mind, Lil' Kim was raunchy back then, therefore Cardi's just playing in a playground that Kim built. Could not express my feelings towards Iggy better. As for Meghan, to me, she has just one flow that she uses in all songs (all songs that I've heard) and Doja is an extremely talented artist. Yet it is too soon to put her in that list.

My top female rappers list would be:

1. Missy Elliott 

2. Lauryn Hill

3. Lil Kim

4. Nicki Minaj 

5. Salt n Pepa

6. MC Lyte

7. Megan Thee Stallion

8. Trina

9. M.I.A 

10. Da Brat

Honorable Mentions:

Left Eye (Lisa Lopes) - She would have gone solo from TLC and been a break out female rapper. Everyone loved her. 

Eve - She had some good tracks too but her albums weren’t that great.

Iggy Azaela - her beats are good but her rhymes are cringe

Queen Latifah - Shes iconic in her own right but only has a memorable song or two...

Cardi B - Cardi is a pop/trap artist to me. Nicki is pop/rap. I SAID WHAT I SAID. 

Doja Cat - I need more music before shes on my top ten but I love her. Her flow is pretty epic

City Girls - I also need more music from them but it bothers me that Yung Miami doesn’t write...

• Like 2
5 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

My top female rappers list would be:

1. Missy Elliott 

2. Lauryn Hill

3. Lil Kim

4. Nicki Minaj 

5. Salt n Pepa

6. MC Lyte

7. Megan Thee Stallion

8. Trina

9. M.I.A 

10. Da Brat

Honorable Mentions:

Left Eye (Lisa Lopes) - She would have gone solo from TLC and been a break out female rapper. Everyone loved her. 

Eve - She had some good tracks too but her albums weren’t that great.

Iggy Azaela - her beats are good but her rhymes are cringe

Queen Latifah - Shes iconic in her own right but only has a memorable song or two...

Cardi B - Cardi is a pop/trap artist to me. Nicki is pop/rap. I SAID WHAT I SAID. 

Doja Cat - I need more music before shes on my top ten but I love her. Her flow is pretty epic

City Girls - I also need more music from them but it bothers me that Yung Miami doesn’t write...

Wow! Great list, thanks for sharing and thanks for broadening my perspective. :ari_arianna_pink_bad_hair_flip_cocky_flirt:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Style. said:

The fact that Nicki Minaj outsold the entire female rap combined and put together says it all, but anyway!

Imagine ranking Missy Elliot above Nicki Minaj! Literally why? Name one iconic Missy bar. NAME IT! :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

You haven’t sent yr ranking tho :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Whereas, about Missy: is it worth it? Let me work it is pretty iconic :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, Blackout2006 said:

You haven’t sent yr ranking tho :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Whereas, about Missy: is it worth it? Let me work it is pretty iconic :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

Here’s my ranking

Nicki

Nicki

Nicki 

The thread is about impact and success yet these bottom feeders ranked Misy and Kim above Nicki. Imagine the audacity. They paved the way for Nicki, but Nicki made this genre her playground. Superbass alone outsold Kim’s entire catalogue so just imagine what’s on people’s head when ranking Kim above Nicki. Plus Nicki is good as a rapper, Kim ain’t. :roxxy:

• Haha 2
  • Content Curators

It's hard to have a good ranking from a forum of people who mainly listen to pop music.

Hip Hop / Rap is a completely different world. 

That being said, Megan will be / is already ahead of Cardi and Doja.

Doja is very versatile, so I wouldn't say she's an influential rapper.

And please don't contaminate Megan's name with that Trainor first name.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Style. said:

Here’s my ranking

Nicki

Nicki

Nicki 

The thread is about impact and success yet these bottom feeders ranked Misy and Kim above Nicki. Imagine the audacity. They paved the way for Nicki, but Nicki made this genre her playground. Superbass alone outsold Kim’s entire catalogue so just imagine what’s on people’s head when ranking Kim above Nicki. Plus Nicki is good as a rapper, Kim ain’t. :roxxy:

Yes Onika, but The Jump Off & How Many Licks Super Bass  and that’s the tea. Even Onika couldn’t handle how hard TJO went :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Yes Onika, but The Jump Off & How Many Licks Super Bass  and that’s the tea. Even Onika couldn’t handle how hard TJO went :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Super Bass is more of a pop song while How Many Licks is straight hip hop fire. I’m not diminishing Kim’s talent, but Nicki is just a better artist overall. 

Also, Nicki’s Monster verse > How Many Licks in terms of bars, rhymes, flow, impact, cadence. Fight with yo mama Dua. :roxxy:

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Style. said:

Super Bass is more of a pop song while How Many Licks is straight hip hop fire. I’m not diminishing Kim’s talent, but Nicki is just a better artist overall. 

Also, Nicki’s Monster verse > How Many Licks in terms of bars, rhymes, flow, impact, cadence. Fight with yo mama Dua. :roxxy:

Lil Kim had my gay *** getting kicked out of class for playing her raunchy *** videos on the school computers :roxxy: Ah yes the 50k for a verse no album out days :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block