Rank The Following Female Rappers In Terms of Impact & Success

Hello exhale :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill:

So congratulations everyone! a new vaccine has been discovered which will start the Witness era of Miss. Rona and we love to see it :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming: However, yall shall still wear your mask, social distance and wash your hands :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad: Anyways, lets just into what you guys click on my thread for :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

In the past decades, we have seen various female rappers enter and leave marking their name and impact onto the female rap indistry and basically paving the path for their respective generations. However, the time has NOW come to finally rank them into their deserved positions. Is Exhale ready for the meltdowns and downvoting fight sprees? :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye: Then lets go! :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

:bcut_britney_clapboard:

The female rappers we will be ranking in terms of greatness, success, status and impact are!...

• Nicki Minaj
  • Missy Elliot
  • Lil Kim
  • Doja Cat
  • Cardi B
  • Meghan Thee Stallion
  • Lauryn Hill
  • Queen Latifah
  • Iggy Azaela
  • Azealia Banks

So these are the female rappers you should rank! This a top 10 list so please dont add any female rapper not mentioned in the above list into your rank (This isnt my list btw because mine would be very different lol). If you guys wanna, you can check MY ranking in the hidden contents :) Hoping to see everyones responses soon! :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Spoiler
  1. Nicki Minaj
  2. Lauryn Hill
  3. Lil' Kim
  4. Queen Latifah
  5. Doja Cat
  6. Missy Elliot
  7. Meghan Thee Stallion
  8. Azealia Banks
  9. Iggy Azaela 
  10. Cardi B Distorted | Really funny memes, Funny memes, Stupid memes

rap-females.jpg.887b90c1f8d858a9453625c722d5c2e2.jpg

• Haha 2

Sorry but I don’t agree with your ranking at all:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Lauryn Hill
  • Missy Elliot
  • Lil Kim
  • Nicki Minaj
  • Cardi B
  • Queen Latifah
  • Doja Cat
  • Azealia Banks
  • Meghan Thee Stallion
  • Iggy Azalea

Even Nicki bowed down to legend Lauryn:gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

And I like Meghan it’s just that she’s new and her impact is not that big yet

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, ElenaB said:

Sorry but I don’t agree with your ranking at all:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Eh its okay i dont anyways know alot about female rappers :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

26 minutes ago, ElenaB said:

• Lauryn Hill
  • Missy Elliot
  • Lil Kim
  • Nicki Minaj
  • Cardi B
  • Queen Latifah
  • Doja Cat
  • Azealia Banks
  • Meghan Thee Stallion
  • Iggy Azalea

Even Nicki bowed down to legend Lauryn:gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

And I like Meghan it’s just that she’s new and her impact is not that big yet

Wow Cardi B over Doja Cat and Meghan is....a choice

:gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

But yeah yr list clearly respects the older rap legends :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Eh its okay i dont anyways know alot about female rappers :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Wow Cardi B over Doja Cat and Meghan is....a choice

:gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

But yeah yr list clearly respects the older rap legends :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

I know Cardi gets a lot of hate but her impact not only in rap but in latin music as well during the past years is still there.

I don’t see Doja entirely as rapper tbh she’s kind of in between of pop and rap, but I like her. It’s just that her and Meghan are just starting, let’s see how they do a couple of years into their careers 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I can’t take this seriously when you have Azaela Nobody Banks on here but you don’t have Da Brat (first female rapper to go platinum) You have Iggy on here but no M.I.A., Eve, Salt N Pepa, MC Lyte :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

Yeah but the point is I have given this set of rappers and you are supposed to rank them as per your opinion and so :outwithit_go_on_wave_britney_femme_fatale_ff_documentary:

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I mean, ranking based on success / impact isn't really opinion-based, though. For the most part, we're talking about facts here, so a better question would've been to rank them based on personal preference. :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

Oh sorry I meant in terms of analysis and facts, sorry it’s my stupid autocorrect :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I can’t take this seriously when you have Azaela Nobody Banks on here but you don’t have Da Brat (first female rapper to go platinum) You have Iggy on here but no M.I.A., Eve, Salt N Pepa, MC Lyte :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

Thank you!! The fact that Doja and Meghan (I love Meghan) are on here in terms of success and impact is ... an insult to the trailblazing female emcees before them.  Anyway, Kim would be at the very top of the list with Missy Elliott and (it pains me to say) Nicki following. Honestly, anyone in this music video! :)  da brat 90s GIF

• Like 3
10 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

oh my GOD thank you. 

I  was hoping somebody would SAY IT.

• Love 1

First of all, positivity, (Your'e welcome Jordan).. THIS IS A FUN POST. 

BUT, that list needs some work 😉

1. Lauryn Hill (LEGEND)

2. Missy Elliott (LEGEND) 

3. Nicki Minaj (Brought female rap back to the mainstream... countless hits and impact... POP crossover success)

4. Salt 'N Pepa 

5. Cardi B (Rags to ritches.... brining Female Rap to the top of the charts)

6. Lil Kim (Female Raps classic raunchy badass)

7. M.I.A. 

8. Da Brat (First to go platinum, and 'What'chu Like' is ******* iconic)

9. EVE (Who's That Girl... nah nah nah nah nah nah.... ******* iconic bop)

10. Iggy Azalea 

Before I get slapped by hate... IGGY made white girl rap a slay. 'The New Classic' was fresh, funky, a solid crossover and well, a new classic. Now, I  get why we got sick of Iggy, and I  get why people think she's trash now, but.... we SLEPT SO ******* HARD on 'Surviving the Summer' and 'In My Defense'. Both SOLID rap efforts. 

Meghan Thee Stallion and DOJA... here's my thing... if we're counting charts.... sure, they've both got new #1's. But they're also riding off the success that Nicki and Cardi made. Whether these two will have the impact 10 years, 20 years, or 30 years later .... that remains to be seen. 

There's also several other women that were in the rap game in the 80s / 90s like MC Lyte and Queen Latifah.... but for me their careers never had the long term success or iconic songs that we still talk about today. 

brb.... hopping off my soap box to go stream EVE .......... WHO'S THAT GIIIIIRRRRRLLLLL..... 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 12/9/2020 at 11:29 AM, Blackout2006 said:

The female rappers we will be ranking in terms of greatness, success, status and impact are!...

• Nicki Minaj
  • Missy Elliot
  • Lil Kim
  • Doja Cat
  • Cardi B
  • Meghan Thee Stallion
  • Lauryn Hill
  • Queen Latifah
  • Iggy Azaela
  • Azealia Banks

So these are the female rappers you should rank! This a top 10 list so please dont add any female rapper not mentioned in the above list into your rank (This isnt my list btw because mine would be very different lol).

Based on this list, my ranking is as follows:

• Lauryn Hill
  • Nicki Minaj
  • Missy Elliot
  • Lil' Kim
  • Cardi B
  • Queen Latifah
  • Doja Cat
  • Meghan Thee Stallion
  • Iggy Azaela
  • Azealia Banks

• Love 1
21 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

michelle obama GIF by Election 2016 What would your list be if those female rappers were there? Mine would be more or less very same just like @dr35's.

10 hours ago, dr35 said:

1. Lauryn Hill (LEGEND)

2. Missy Elliott (LEGEND) 

3. Nicki Minaj (Brought female rap back to the mainstream... countless hits and impact... POP crossover success)

4. Salt 'N Pepa 

5. Cardi B (Rags to ritches.... brining Female Rap to the top of the charts)

6. Lil Kim (Female Raps classic raunchy badass)

7. M.I.A. 

8. Da Brat (First to go platinum, and 'What'chu Like' is ******* iconic)

9. EVE (Who's That Girl... nah nah nah nah nah nah.... ******* iconic bop)

10. Iggy Azalea 

Before I get slapped by hate... IGGY made white girl rap a slay. 'The New Classic' was fresh, funky, a solid crossover and well, a new classic. Now, I  get why we got sick of Iggy, and I  get why people think she's trash now, but.... we SLEPT SO ******* HARD on 'Surviving the Summer' and 'In My Defense'. Both SOLID rap efforts. 

Meghan Thee Stallion and DOJA... here's my thing... if we're counting charts.... sure, they've both got new #1's. But they're also riding off the success that Nicki and Cardi made. Whether these two will have the impact 10 years, 20 years, or 30 years later .... that remains to be seen. 

There's also several other women that were in the rap game in the 80s / 90s like MC Lyte and Queen Latifah.... but for me their careers never had the long term success or iconic songs that we still talk about today.

I would switch the position of Nicki with the position of Missy. If possible, I would put them at the same line. In addition, I would definitely switch the positions of Cardi B and Lil' Kim. To my mind, Lil' Kim was raunchy back then, therefore Cardi's just playing in a playground that Kim built. Could not express my feelings towards Iggy better. As for Meghan, to me, she has just one flow that she uses in all songs (all songs that I've heard) and Doja is an extremely talented artist. Yet it is too soon to put her in that list.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block