Dua Lipa is a boring version of Kylie Minogue (opinion)

You can’t really fairly compare these two as Kylie has been around since the 80’s. While Kylie has had some killer records, she’s had some trash ones too. 

overall though, I agree. I don’t get the hype with Dua. There’s a few great songs on Nostalgia, but I don’t see the next thing for her 

42 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I started listening to Kylie's Disco album because Exhalers have praised Kylie for years, I've never listened to her, and the album was critically acclaimed. But I couldn't get past the first song, and this is pretty much the reason for me:

I don't like her voice, and the music is just not my vibe. It reminds me of like Jessica Simpson's Public Affair (which I'll admit is a bop) or ABBA, where it's just way, way, way too sugary and happy for me. It makes me feel I'm a princess walking through Candy Land (the board game). 

I 100% respect people who like her music and like music like that - it's just not my thing. I like music that makes me feel like a bad bit, hypes me up, or strikes an emotional chord in me, and this kind of music does none of that for me.

Meanwhile, Dua Lipa's Future Nostalgia makes me feel like a bad bit, hypes me up, and just makes me wanna dance. It makes me feel happy, but it's not an artificial over-the-top happy like Kylie's music feels to me.

There's a reason why Kylie is over the top happy.

It's her brand,  she tried to give off brand once with 1997's impossible princess. Which @NotLouTaylor can tell you really was a derailment and almost costed her career. 

It's her underrated album, but it flopped for realistic reasons. Indie Kylie wasn't what the fans wanted.

Golden has more fans despite the mixed reception cos it played to her brand..

And the campy/Gay

@lustwecantcontrol that's just European divas for you honestly..

That's pretty much the gays in the UK, more freer and campier, cos honestly they've never been ashamed or bullied cos it's been in their culture since the dawn of time. 

Dua is fun but she can't hold a candle to Kylie. For one, Kylie has a personality. Kylie has the better voice, the better songs, videos, tours, performances, she can actually move lol, everything. Dua is younger and newer and has the hits right now but she will never be in the same league as Kylie - she's one of the best in pop music.

1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

Nonsense.

And please don't have kids? You'll compare them and ruin their lives.

Are you implying that your post makes sense? Also i fkn hate kids and i don't want any 

1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

way too sugary and happy for me. It makes me feel I'm a princess walking through Candy Land (the board game). 

Kylie is aight on certain tracks but i agree that it's too gay ,

im just saying that at least, Kylie has a personality, it feels natural for her to sing disco influenced pop, Dua seems fake and jaded all the time and it's boring. 

Sophie Ellis Bexton is better than both of them anyway, Groovejet alone >>>

1 hour ago, merci12 said:

Judging by the sales and numbers the GP seems to be in a strong disagreement with your frivolous post :walkonby_britney_sunglasses_walking_oh_hi_smile:

The GP also bought Gangnam Style, Harlem Shake, Crazy Frog songs and that Barbie Girl song from Aqua :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus: 

• Haha 2
18 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

Are you implying that your post makes sense? Also i fkn hate kids and i don't want any 

Kylie is aight on certain tracks but i agree that it's too gay ,

im just saying that at least, Kylie has a personality, it feels natural for her to sing disco influenced pop, Dua seems fake and jaded all the time and it's boring. 

Sophie Ellis Bexton is better than both of them anyway, Groovejet alone >>>

The GP also bought Gangnam Style, Harlem Shake, Crazy Frog songs and that Barbie Girl song from Aqua :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus: 

True, but these were one hit wonders  :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:   so your argument is off topic :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

6 hours ago, Arthurfleck said:

Dua has no charisma, can’t dance and look bored af while performing. I guess she appeals to theses bored teens that use tiktok.

kylie is fantastic and always delivers great songs. 

I agree. I like Dua actually, her music is good and although her performing has improved, she always looks dazed and bored as hell, has absolutely no charisma or pizazz when she’s on stage. 

Kylie has performed some amazing shows and is a great charismatic performer but her music is hit or miss for me. I think she has great bodies of work (Aphrodite, Fever, X) but at the same time really lackluster bodies of work (Golden, Kiss Me Once, Disco)

They are both okay to me :)

How dare you compare Dua Lipa to Kylie "the Australian Princess of Pop" Minogue! What an insult to Kylie's legacy. You're completely right about FN sounding like a cheap Kylie knock off, though. I dunno what my fellow gheys see in that album, but it sounds exactly like something that Kylie and even Madonna did better 10 years ago.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I started listening to Kylie's Disco album because Exhalers have praised Kylie for years, I've never listened to her, and the album was critically acclaimed. But I couldn't get past the first song, and this is pretty much the reason for me:

I don't like her voice, and the music is just not my vibe. It reminds me of like Jessica Simpson's Public Affair (which I'll admit is a bop) or ABBA, where it's just way, way, way too sugary and happy for me. It makes me feel I'm a princess walking through Candy Land (the board game). 

I 100% respect people who like her music and like music like that - it's just not my thing. I like music that makes me feel like a bad bit, hypes me up, or strikes an emotional chord in me, and this kind of music does none of that for me.

Meanwhile, Dua Lipa's Future Nostalgia makes me feel like a bad bit, hypes me up, and just makes me wanna dance. It makes me feel happy, but it's not an artificial over-the-top happy like Kylie's music feels to me.

I agree with this ,esp concerning Kylie's voice. I just don't like it at all. Sorry gays.:mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block