I Finally Stayed at the Onyx Hotel

Britney2001

So after getting my reservation, I finally got to stay at the Onyx Hotel. I went in with the bus, stayed at the lounge, I got watched by security guards, etc.

What I am saying is is I finally watched the tour for the first time.* I was really impressed with the tour. As the show progressed, I really became impressed with how elaborate the staging was. A really good job was done in making the stage look like a hotel. Not only did it look like one, but even from watching it through a screen it felt like I was actually in the hotel. The theatrics were cool too. The dark foreshadowingΒ was insane. Over all, I was really impressed with this tour.

*I am still a relatively new stan. I finished my Britney Spears discography journey in March of this year. (Technically started in July 2019, officially started in January of 2020.)

Spoiler

If anyone wants to suggest the next live show for me, I have already reacted to the following:

1. The M+M's tour

2. The Circus Tour

3. The Femme Fatale Tour (I might re-react to this because I learned that the broadcast version made Britney look like she was lip-syncing, when in reality she was singing quite a few songs on the tour live.)

4. The Onyx Hotel Tour

Β 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Britney2001 said:

So after getting my reservation, I finally got to stay at the Onyx Hotel. I went in with the bus, stayed at the lounge, I got watched by security guards, etc.

What I am saying is is I finally watched the tour for the first time.* I was really impressed with the tour. As the show progressed, I really became impressed with how elaborate the staging was. A really good job was done in making the stage look like a hotel. Not only did it look like one, but even from watching it through a screen it felt like I was actually in the hotel. The theatrics were cool too. The dark foreshadowingΒ was insane. Over all, I was really impressed with this tour.

*I am still a relatively new stan. I finished my Britney Spears discography journey in March of this year. (Technically started in July 2019, officially started in January of 2020.)

Β  Hide contents

If anyone wants to suggest the next live show for me, I have already reacted to the following:

1. The M+M's tour

2. The Circus Tour

3. The Femme Fatale Tour (I might re-react to this because I learned that the broadcast version made Britney look like she was lip-syncing, when in reality she was singing quite a few songs on the tour live.)

4. The Onyx Hotel Tour

Β 

Which are ur fave albums, singles and videos?Β 

Onyx is her best tour to date! The dance is on point, the storyline is good, Britney looks hotter than ever.

I never understood why this tour is so underrated, watching this on TV turn me into a stan. Every performance is fire πŸ”₯Β 

I like that she changed it up a bit on her old songs like Baby/Oops and Crazy, but it fits the theme so good. Also the Everytime live performance is amazing! Not to mention her other bops in the set list like Overprotected, Shadow, The Hook Up and (I Got That) Boom Boom

Β 

4 hours ago, Britney2001 said:

The Femme Fatale Tour (I might re-react to this because I learned that the broadcast version made Britney look like she was lip-syncing, when in reality she was singing quite a few songs on the tour live.)

Pre-recorded vocals sweety, not one single note live.Β :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

I remember recording this on VHS off my old TV. My parents were sleeping so I had to record it at like 3 in the morning at a really low volume. Wow.. Times certainly have changed, it was really the first time I’d seen a full show of her’s.
The first time I ever saw her performing on tvΒ was when she did Slave in the Bellagio fountains in Vegas. That was so cool butΒ Β this was so Amazing!
I couldn’t believe that she was so young and doing such an incredible show and that it was so vastly different than what other people were doing at the time. It completely changed how I enjoyed pop music. Onyx will probably be my fave tour of her’s but honestly all of them are so good, even the ones fans aren’t to forgiving of. I love Britney live, it’s really an experience like no other, her old performances are literally magic.Β 

1 hour ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I remember recording this on VHS off my old TV. My parents were sleeping so I had to record it at like 3 in the morning at a really low volume. Wow.. Times certainly have changed, it was really the first time I’d seen a full show of her’s.
The first time I ever saw her performing on tvΒ was when she did Slave in the Bellagio fountains in Vegas. That was so cool butΒ Β this was so Amazing!
I couldn’t believe that she was so young and doing such an incredible show and that it was so vastly different than what other people were doing at the time. It completely changed how I enjoyed pop music. Onyx will probably be my fave tour of her’s but honestly all of them are so good, even the ones fans aren’t to forgiving of. I love Britney live, it’s really an experience like no other, her old performances are literally magic.Β 

Love this story!

OH Hotel is her second best show imo behind DWAD. I know Circus was great but her lack of dancing ruins it for me a little bit. OH was old Britney at her peak. Her dancing was amazing. The costumes and choreography were some of the best in her whole career. Her audience interaction was genuine and it was the one time she played an instrument live. My favorites were Showdown, The Hook-Up, Breathe On Me, and Outrageous!

I had ticketsΒ to the summer leg of the tour but she cancelled bc of her knee =( Still so sad!

5 minutes ago, Britney2001 said:

1. Blackout, Glory, In the Zone.

2. Break the Ice, Circus, Toxic, Hold it Against Me, and I Wanna Go.

3. Break the Ice, Toxic, and I Wanna Go. (I have not yet seen them all.)

U have such a good taste! Lol

I also love Hiam, Circus and BTI!Β 

I always like to read what new fans think about her discography, videography and such..

14 hours ago, Britney2001 said:

Β  Hide contents

1. The M+M's tour

2. The Circus Tour

4. The Onyx Hotel Tour

Β 

BuyΒ the HBO special for the dream within a dream tour on DVD on Amazon and buy a cheap DVD playerΒ if you have to. Experience it as a whole. It’s beyond words.

It’s so good that I still hear the words in my head from the tour β€œBritney Spears, Spears, Spears” with an echo effect from the tour introΒ whenever I seeΒ something amazing from her.

Archived