Any Normani fans here?!

E.E.

This isn't new music news so feel free to delete this post if it doesn't make sense for this forum...

I recently posted about being a fan of Camila, but I'm also a HUGE fan of Normani and was curious to know who else here is a fan. Ever since she performed Love Lies on the BBMA's and released the song Waves, I realized how much potential she has! I was mesmerized the first time I saw her perform on the BBMA's. The girl has a beautiful voice and is an insanely talented dancer.  People compare her to Beyonce, but I don't really see it... I feel like Normani is a way better technical dancer and the choreographed routines she performs in music videos and during concerts are a lot more complex. 

Anyways, I'm curious to know who else here is a Normani fan and if so what's your favorite song/ video/ performance/ etc. What direction do you hope she goes with her music sound-wise? Personally, I hope she goes more in the R&B direction and less in the Pop direction.

Here some of my fav moments from her if y'all care to check them out! 

fans-normani.jpg.abfbdc7b478e22dca0963b9036f5a5db.jpg

• Love 1

* cricket sounds *

haha no I mean I like her! But my gawd what is she waiting for to release new music? I feel like she's in the same position as Tinashe: she made a contract with a label and now she's a slave to them and their artistic choices and their schedule and decisions according to sales and streaming numbers. It's better to be famous and independent, to be honest.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, E.E. said:

This isn't new music news so feel free to delete this post if it doesn't make sense for this forum...

I recently posted about being a fan of Camila, but I'm also a HUGE fan of Normani and was curious to know who else here is a fan. Ever since she performed Love Lies on the BBMA's and released the song Waves, I realized how much potential she has! I was mesmerized the first time I saw her perform on the BBMA's. The girl has a beautiful voice and is an insanely talented dancer.  People compare her to Beyonce, but I don't really see it... I feel like Normani is a way better technical dancer and the choreographed routines she performs in music videos and during concerts are a lot more complex. 

Anyways, I'm curious to know who else here is a Normani fan and if so what's your favorite song/ video/ performance/ etc. What direction do you hope she goes with her music sound-wise? Personally, I hope she goes more in the R&B direction and less in the Pop direction.

Here some of my fav moments from her if y'all care to check them out! 

fans-normani.jpg.abfbdc7b478e22dca0963b9036f5a5db.jpg

Super Fan Here Love Her!!

Since you're a Camilia fan what are your thoughts  on camila not defending normani when fans were bullying normani with racist comments and attacking her 

• Love 2

I love her, but I'm afraid her career really isn't going to take off. I'm under the impression right now that her first few singles under-performed sales wise and RCA has put a hold on releasing new music from her. It's scary how much her career is shaping up to be like Tinashe, who similarly was  way too talented to be mismanaged and held back by RCA and their expectations. 

Unlike Tinashe though, I think Normani really could be in her element as a pop girl if she goes in that direction, and with less compromises to her own style. 

I love Normani! I agree with everything you said (I really like your posts btw, this one and the Camila one).

I think she's an amazing technical dancer and is above Beyonce in that regard. She's so versatile and will mix-in different styles of dancing including ballet all in one video (like Dancing with a Stranger).

I've always thought she should stick with an R&B/pop/dance vibe. I think Love Lies was a great and unique sound for her. Alternative RnB (Khalid style) with a melodic chorus. Same with Dancing With a Stranger, modern/dance RnB. She really came out the gate strong with a unique sound and big hits.

I say more Love Lies and Dancing with a Stranger, less Motivation even though it eventually grew on me and I do like that song now, but its too generic.

• Super Mods

Normani is insanely talented and that BBMA music performance was FIREE. 

Also, that whole performance is a living testimony how unfair we all are towards women in the industry. There's Khalid dressed in something tacky, MUMBLING on a microphone and just walking around the stage and everyone loses their ****.

Normani, on the other hand, comes out on the stage, serves some insane looks, literally dances her a-s-s off like noone else, sings 10 times better and more stable than Khalid, just so she could be praised as much as him. Although I enjoyed this performance so much, it reminded me that we expect 100 times more from women all the while belittling them. Fuuck that sh-it :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block