Would you rather Britney just announced her retirement?

jonloch1

i have just read another report saying she doesnt want to perform again Britney Spears Doesn't Want To Perform Anymore, Per Court Docs (bustle.com) and tbh after her losing her recent court battle and her son saying earlier this year that she said to him she might quit music, im now starting to believe we're nowhere near getting B10 or  another tour/resendency. Part of me kinda wishes she was open with her fans now and say listen, thanks for your support over the years but im officially retiring now. and thats it done and dusted. i know possibly the cship might prevent her from doing that and i know her father has said she wants her to continue with her career. But as a fan, if she isnt planning on working ever again, i just wish she would tell us. i would be sad but fully support and respect her decision obviously

whats everyone feeling? do you all think Glory is the final Britney album we'll ever get? 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly who cares? We just want her free right now.

She's probably not decided what she wants to do, she'll have better perspective when she's free.

She's made it clear she's on a hiatus, so I don't expect nor need a 'retirement' announcement, she's clearly going through a major transitional period in her life. Let's get her free and then she can decide what she wants and not make any rash decisions about 'retiring'.

She's on hiatus, I've accepted that so that's good enough for me - I personally do not see the need for an announcement of a 'retirement' when everything about her life is currently up in the air for her.

I'll support her whether she wants to retire one day or not, along as she's doing what she wants and is happy. Her career is the least important thing to her right now - as it should be.

1 minute ago, Slayer said:

Honestly who cares? We just want her free right now.

She's probably not decided what she wants to do, she'll have better perspective when she's free.

She's made it clear she's on a hiatus, so I don't expect nor need a 'retirement' announcement, she's clearly going through a major transitional period in her life. Let's get her free and then she can decide what she wants and not make any rash decisions about 'retiring'.

She's on hiatus, I've accepted that so that's good enough for me - I personally do not see the need for an announcement of a 'retirement' when everything about her life is currently up in the air for her.

I'll support her whether she wants to retire one day or not, along as she's doing what she wants and is happy. Her career is the least important thing to her right now - as it should be.

Queer Eye Yes GIF by Joe Biden

I kinda think she wanted to..

She always sounded like, she wanted to retire young, when she had her kids, cos she didn't want to be that working mom..

And she always sounded also in my eyes, That she didn't want to be those other acts and overstay her welcome..

She was that way before her kids. 

Maybe she changed her mind, which knows?

I mean, no, I wouldn't prefer that.

But it's not like the situation would be any different. The record label and whoever is her handlers as long as the conservatorship exists, they would keep with these releases till the end of time, and it would be the same debate every time they put something out: a war between fans that want to support and those that don't want to.

10 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

She always sounded like, she wanted to retire young, when she had her kids, cos she didn't want to be that working mom..

And she always sounded also in my eyes, That she didn't want to be those other acts and overstay her welcome..

No Seas Cortes Por Favor :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

I would accept whatever she chose but at this point, all we know for sure is that she doesn’t want to work while her father is in control, as for her sons Instagram, I wouldn’t take what he said as gospel cuz most people just say **** in the moment and she could have also meant till she’s in control, we weren’t there to witness that convo, so we should take it with a huge grain of salt. Until she announces an official, permanent retirement, I will continue to think that going forward, she only wants to work on her terms and where she’s the main one reaping the benefits of that work.

12 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

The thing is they stole that from her already. She couldn't even be with her kids when they most needed her.

If she retires now, what for? The kids are most of the time with Kevin and are going to college in a few years (maybe) 

I feel like she's not interested in touring, but we've known that for years, but I think she's always gonna have that artistic crave, of recording stuff every once in a while, or shooting a video, doing a photoshoot, etc. 

I don't think we'll ever have an announcement. She'll continue without pressure, maybe she releases something in the future, maybe not. Only those that care enough will keep pending of what she does, eternally waiting for something new, and those that don't care will move on. 

In Mexico we had this artist, Lynda, who retired in 2002, but without any announcement. She just released one more album in the peak of her career, there were rumors she was doing an English album, but nothing happened. She was last seen working for RBD. She literally vanished after that. No one knew where she was living, if she was even alive, and it literally took 16 years from someone to convince her to return to the stage, in 2018. She performed a few shows along with other peers of hers from the 90's, she created social media profiles, she's released a few songs, but she keeps disappearing for long periods between this social media appearances, but at least her fans finally know where to find her. When she releases a song she does it without pretending it to become #1 or something, nor she has any intentions of touring or so. 

I can see something like that with Britney, though I doubt she'll completely disappear for 16 years lol 

I want Britney to do what Britney wants to do, when SHE only wants to do it. 

Right now, I think she’s doing the smartest thing she can do by refusing to work until her father is removed. 

When all is over with and she’s free, I do think she will return to music. As she’s said herself, it’s a form of therapy for her. It runs in her veins and deep down she will always be passionate about it. 

Entertaining is her CAREER, much like we all have. She has other main priorities like gaining her freedom back that should and will always come second to her career. We don’t put our job over our major  life priorities such as health etc, and she shouldn’t either!

If Brit chooses to retire, I would understand as well and be happy with whatever she chooses. 

42 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Very true. I remember in the Britney era she was saying she didn’t want to do this forever & she wanted to settle down. But her kids are nearing college-age now :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

So I wonder, since she’s older now, if she’d want to keep making art (her way) or if she’d still have another baby and move into obscurity? I’d support either. 

I think it’s always a possibility that she’ll retire.  But, even if she did she could never stop being “Britney” even if she wanted to.  She would still have fans, album anniversary’s, perfumes (per contract), and not to mention the paparazzi.  

I think what will probably end up happening is she will release B10 to finish her contract with her label.  And after that maybe release a new single every couple of years just to appease the fans.  Maybe a performance every once in a while.  Possibly some interviews.  She won’t retire fully, maybe just become less active.  

Unless she has another kid, then it’s really over.  But that ain’t gonna happen since by time she’s free, next year, hopefully.  She will be nearing 40, and if her and Sam break up then who’s she gonna do it with?  It will be hard to ovulate as well.  

Either way I hope whatever she does she is free and happy. 

2 minutes ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

Unless she has another kid, then it’s really over.  But that ain’t gonna happen since by time she’s free, next year, hopefully.  She will be nearing 40, and if her and Sam break up then who’s she gonna do it with?  It will be hard to ovulate as well.

She can be single & adopt. 

1 hour ago, jonloch1 said:

i have just read another report saying she doesnt want to perform again Britney Spears Doesn't Want To Perform Anymore, Per Court Docs (bustle.com) and tbh after her losing her recent court battle and her son saying earlier this year that she said to him she might quit music, im now starting to believe we're nowhere near getting B10 or  another tour/resendency. Part of me kinda wishes she was open with her fans now and say listen, thanks for your support over the years but im officially retiring now. and thats it done and dusted. i know possibly the cship might prevent her from doing that and i know her father has said she wants her to continue with her career. But as a fan, if she isnt planning on working ever again, i just wish she would tell us. i would be sad but fully support and respect her decision obviously

whats everyone feeling? do you all think Glory is the final Britney album we'll ever get? 

I don't think she wants to quit. . . I think she hates working under micromanagement. She is an artist and she wants to express her artistry, would you want to be an artist if you were forced to follow an exact formula and draw the same picture every time? 

I mean if you look at it, I think she's bored with it because she's forced to keep an image that she's not in control of. In fact you can tell  she wasn't feeling a couple of the albums  that she released. Femme fatal and Britney Jean weren't what she was wanting to do at the time and you can see it in her videos and performances. 

I don't think she'll quit honestly.

Archived