First person receives COVID-19 vaccine in the UK

A UK grandmother has become the first person in the world to be given the Pfizer Covid-19 jab as part of a mass vaccination programme.

Margaret Keenan, who turns 91 next week, said it was the "best early birthday present".

She was given the injection at 06:31 GMT - the first of 800,000 doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine that will be dispensed in the coming weeks.

Up to four million more are expected by the end of the month. 

Hubs in the UK will vaccinate over-80s and some health and care staff - the programme aims to protect the most vulnerable and return life to normal.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock, who has dubbed Tuesday V-day, said this simple act of vaccination was "a tribute to scientific endeavour and human ingenuity and to the hard work of so many people. 

"Today marks the start of the fightback against our common enemy, the coronavirus," he said.

Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said viewing footage of the moment gave her "a lump in the throat".

Prime Minister Boris Johnson, on a visit to a London hospital to see some of the first people getting the jab, said getting vaccinated was "good for you and good for the whole country".

At University Hospital, Coventry, matron May Parsons administered the very first jab to Ms Keenan.

"I feel so privileged to be the first person vaccinated against Covid-19," Ms Keenan, who is originally from Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh, said.

"It's the best early birthday present I could wish for because it means I can finally look forward to spending time with my family and friends in the new year after being on my own for most of the year.

"My advice to anyone offered the vaccine is to take it. If I can have it at 90, then you can have it too," she added.

The second person vaccinated in Coventry was William Shakespeare, 81, from Warwickshire, who said he was "pleased" to be given the jab and hospital staff had been "wonderful".

The UK is the first country in the world to start using the Pfizer vaccine after regulators approved its use last week.

36582574-9029435-image-a-46_1607415940338.thumb.jpg.049c044cd5651f953447b8a6a10bbc89.jpg

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, lili_ballet said:

my middle/high school history teacher was lowkey an antivaxxer so vaccine trials scare me lol

hope it goes well for her

This is not a trial though. It has been tested already and approved after findings from phase 3 of the trials showed good results. Just as with ALL types of medicine, there are contraindications and people could experience certain symptoms. The fact that it has been approved means that those effects are not serious and the positive impact of its use outweights them.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
28 minutes ago, Michaelgiftos said:

I can’t wait to take this vaccine I feel like it is the first step towards normalcy. I’m not worried about it because I trust the scientists and doctors who know what they’re doing:yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

A doctor wrote the article I posted.  Many doctors professed the health of cigarettes for pregnant woman as well as boos before the science was in.  Enjoy being a science experiment to make the manufacturers of this **** rich when it hasn’t been properly vetted and is being rushed through trials.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mythology said:

Probably because not anyone is a crazed, Trump supporting, conspiracy theorist like you.  Take several seats.

No, that’s just your white privilege talking.  Puerto Ricans were sterilized against their will by the US government in the 1930s.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsory_sterilization#Puerto_Rico

Stay in your white privileged bubble and keep thinking that couldn’t still happen today, while Bill Gates gets sued for his vaccines injuring minors in 3rd world countries and planned parenthood opens more clinics in black neighborhoods leading to ******** being the number 1 cause of death in the black community.  

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

No, that’s just your white privilege talking.  Puerto Ricans were sterilized against their will by the US government in the 1930s.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsory_sterilization#Puerto_Rico

Stay in your white privileged bubble and keep thinking that couldn’t still happen today, while Bill Gates gets sued for his vaccines injuring minors in 3rd world countries and planned parenthood opens more clinics in black neighborhoods leading to ******** being the number 1 cause of death in the black community.  

You sound delusional.  The vaccine has already been tested, and of course its rushed to the masses because, in case you haven't noticed, we've been in a pandemic all **** year.  We need a vaccine asap otherwise people will continue to die, genius.

And the vaccine will be available to all people, white, black, brown, etc. so I'm not sure why you're ranting about white privelage.  

At any rate, nobody is forcing you to take anything.  If you're paranoid and delusional, feel free to avoid the vaccine.  Just hope that you don't eventually catch Covid and spread it to your loved ones.

I'll leave you to your tin foil hat:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

How can we trust that our govts aren’t putting on a show with placebo trials before forcibly injecting us with the real one that will cause irreparable damage to our bodies.  **** THAT.

Emergency COVID-19 Vaccines May Cause Massive Side Effects

It's been tested by the MHRA, a UK medicines regulator which are independent from the UK government - they have constantly been reviewing the findings of this vaccine since June 2020.

This vaccine is free here in the UK, so they will not profit from us.

I note you state 'forcibly inject' but this vaccine isn't compulsory, it is up to you whether you have it or not. Over 43,000 people were involved in this trial regarding this vaccine and the MHRA have approved it - so I trust it is safe.

However, if you choose not to take a vaccine that's totally fine, just take precautions to stay safe.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Slayer said:

It's been tested by the MHRA, a UK medicines regulator which are independent from the UK government - they have constantly been reviewing the findings of this vaccine since June 2020.

This vaccine is free here in the UK, so they will not profit from us.

I note you state 'forcibly inject' but this vaccine isn't compulsory, it is up to you whether you have it or not. Over 43,000 people were involved in this trial regarding this vaccine and the MHRA have approved it - so I trust it is safe.

However, if you choose not to take a vaccine that's totally fine, just take precautions to stay safe.

I have 0 trust in the pharmaceutical industry or the regulators that prop the **** companies up or the lying paid off media who report on it.  But I very much appreciate your understanding that not everyone wants to take the vaccine.  🙏🏼

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, mythology said:

You sound delusional.  The vaccine has already been tested, and of course its rushed to the masses because, in case you haven't noticed, we've been in a pandemic all **** year.  We need a vaccine asap otherwise people will continue to die, genius.

And the vaccine will be available to all people, white, black, brown, etc. so I'm not sure why you're ranting about white privelage.  

At any rate, nobody is forcing you to take anything.  If you're paranoid and delusional, feel free to avoid the vaccine.  Just hope that you don't eventually catch Covid and spread it to your loved ones.

I'll leave you to your tin foil hat:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Because your people do not have a history of being exterminated by the US government so you can say crazy **** like “I can’t wait to take the vaccine!” As if it tastes like candy or it’s going to grant you super powers.  Lots of white liberals are acting like it’s the next Star Wars movie. It’s a luxury of trusting the government to not poison you that my people cannot afford to mess around with.  If you can’t understand the trauma that comes with having your ancestors sterilized by a govt that now is playing with the idea of forcing you to take the vaccine in order to work, or considering requiring vaccine papers to travel, or creating incentives like taking the vaccine to receive the stimulus check, then you are simply a product of your white privilege and are ignorant and naive.  

• Haha 1

Back in 2012 Queen B warned everyone in "Till The World Ends" MV on what was going to happen:nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod: 

we danced so hard  and disregarded the message behind the lyrics:mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:  planet got sick and miserable years later

and then the Holy Spearit foretold the invention of vaccine in her worldwide smasher "Now That I Found You" :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

I thought life was a hopeless case

Till I found You

Till I found You

Godney  works in mysterious ways  :anxiety_pill_struggle_panic_ahh_bottle_Wendy_williams_shake_shaking:

• Love 2
  • Haha 4
43 minutes ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

Because your people do not have a history of being exterminated by the US government so you can say crazy **** like “I can’t wait to take the vaccine!” As if it tastes like candy or it’s going to grant you super powers.  Lots of white liberals are acting like it’s the next Star Wars movie. It’s a luxury of trusting the government to not poison you that my people cannot afford to mess around with.  If you can’t understand the trauma that comes with having your ancestors sterilized by a govt that now is playing with the idea of forcing you to take the vaccine in order to work, or considering requiring vaccine papers to travel, or creating incentives like taking the vaccine to receive the stimulus check, then you are simply a product of your white privilege and are ignorant and naive.  

Now you sound  more delusional than ever.  Nobody is forcing you to take jack ****.  The vaccine isn't mandatory, period. People, and that includes everyone, want this madness behind us, so of course they're excited for the vaccine.  It will bring us a step closer to normalcy.  It's sad that I even have to explain this to you... Almost like you lack basic common sense or something.

Also lmfao at a Trump Supporter bringing up white privelage and supremacy, I can't:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

I don't know if your just young or immature. You have such valid points, but the way you explain them makes you sound crazy.

It's too bad, because there is validity to what you're talking about. But you come off attacking people and going into wild rants, instead of explaining yourself clearly, thoughtfully and factually.

There is a discussion to be had here, and no one should ever take something blindly that the government tells them to, that's delusional. History has told us that governments do not have their people's best interest at heart.

But you need to speak with clarity and neutrality. This is a place for discourse not arguments.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Michaelgiftos said:

I can’t wait to take this vaccine I feel like it is the first step towards normalcy. I’m not worried about it because I trust the scientists and doctors who know what they’re doing:yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

This is an incredibly stupid statement, I’m sorry. The first mistake is placing doctors/scientists on this kind of pedestal and putting trust in a broken medical system. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, A.a.A said:

I don't know if your just young or immature. You have such valid points, but the way you explain them makes you sound crazy.

It's too bad, because there is validity to what you're talking about. But you come off attacking people and going into wild rants, instead of explaining yourself clearly, thoughtfully and factually.

There is a discussion to be had here, and no one should ever take something blindly that the government tells them to, that's delusional. History has told us that governments do not have their people's best interest at heart.

But you need to speak with clarity and neutrality. This is a place for discourse not arguments.

Okay, I’ll try, but you also have to look at who I’m dealing with.  You seem well intentioned enough, but it’s a little gaslighty, because I’m being attacked and called a conspiracy theorist by people using Britney gifs to ridicule.  How can anyone take that seriously, and yet you’re admonishing me for being immature.  Come on, be fair.

edit: and also, I don’t see you using facts and data to maturely expand on the points I’m making that you agree with.  It would be nice to get an assist every once in a while.  I’m outnumbered by liberal lunatics spouting govt boot licking propaganda while the logical people who agree with me spectate on the sidelines and criticize me for how I deal with the cretans unknowingly doing the bidding of every authoritative govt agency on the planet.  And not even an upvote from you.  It’s easy to say I’m not representing your viewpoints elegantly enough while I’m the one doing all the heavy lifting.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, mythology said:

Now you sound  more delusional than ever.  Nobody is forcing you to take jack ****.  The vaccine isn't mandatory, period. People, and that includes everyone, want this madness behind us, so of course they're excited for the vaccine.  It will bring us a step closer to normalcy.  It's sad that I even have to explain this to you... Almost like you lack basic common sense or something.

Also lmfao at a Trump Supporter bringing up white privelage and supremacy, I can't:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Yes, your boss can fire you if you refuse to get a Covid vaccine

Anything else you want to laugh and lie about?  I know the attempted genocide of Puerto Ricans by the US government in the 30’s is so hilarious to you.  

Should a coronavirus vaccine be mandatory? In Brazil’s most populous state, it will be.

Surprise surprise.  Minorities being used as guinea pigs.  How long until this DNA altering **** is added to the list of vaccines already forced on the American population?  Of course they use minority countries with no rights as a trial run first.  

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block