This Day in Pop: 2004 Billboard Music Awards (December 08)

billboard2004.jpg.0de953f7399b7c5f8392b342ae3faa2e.jpg

On December 08, 2004, the Billboard Music Awards took place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Various artists performed that night: Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera and Lil' Kim, Beyoncé and Jay-Z, Gwen Stefani, Alicia Keys, Usher, Maroon 5, Jennifer Lopez, Evanescence, The Black Eyed Peas and Hoobastank.

Britney Spears didn't perform but was there to present the Best Rap award.

She was nominated in 5 categories, but only took home one award:

• Female Artist of the Year: Alicia Keys (winner), Beyoncé, Norah Jones, Britney Spears
  • Female Billboard 200 Artist of the Year: Norah Jones (winner), Hilary Duff, Alicia Keys, Britney Spears
  • Female Hot 100 Artist of the Year: Alicia Keys (winner), Beyoncé, Ciara, Britney Spears
  • Mainstream Top 40 Artist of the Year: Usher (winner), Maroon 5, OutKast, Britney Spears
  • Top-Selling Dance Single of the Year: Me Against the Music - Britney Spears ft. Madonna (winner), Love Profusion - Madonna, Nothing Fails/Nobody Knows Me - Madonna, Amazing - George Michael

010.jpg

018.jpg

039.jpg

046.jpg

052.jpg

050.jpg

075.jpg

002.jpg

005.jpg

010.jpg

normal_027.jpg

038.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

006.jpg

014.jpg

017.jpg

055.jpg

015.jpg

• Love 8

She loved him so much and he just acted like a douche the whole time. I remember being so excited when I found out they were getting divorced - it felt like a miracle. Of course, I didn’t know how it would trigger such a hard time in her life. 

the confidence she showed her is amazing. I miss badass Britney. 

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 12/8/2020 at 9:56 AM, Zpark said:

This was around when she wrote Someday (I will understand).

She said she wrote the song 2 weeks before finding out that she was pregnant, Kevin said they found out on Christmas 2004.

And also 3 weeks before going to that radio station and playing Mona Lisa for the first time (and the last time) ever 

She must have already recorded that song by this time or at least was on a recording process 

Crazy to think about it😨