This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases 'Stages: Three Days in Mexico' book/DVD in 2002 (December 07)

MV5BMjAzMjYwYWItZDZkNC00MzNlLTlhNTAtZTc3

On December 07, 2002, Britney Spears released the book + DVD titles Stages: Three Days in Mexico, which chronicled the end of her Dream Within a Dream Tour in Mexico City, including the cancellation of the very last concert mid-performing due to the extreme weather conditions. The documentary was filmed by Albert Maysles (who did The Rolling Stones' Gimme Shelter) and the photography was done by Jim Luning, Howard Rosenberg, Jeff Sciortino, and Marc Serota, with Sheryl Berk writing the stories from Britney and the people closest to her. 

Britney said through her official website that the collection was planned as a way of celebrating her 21st birthday: "I wanted to share with my fans all the things that they never get to see that make it all so special for me. It's my way of saying thank you."

Besides being sold at retailer stores, a special website was launched "britneystages.com" so fans could order the set through it and even get a $5 discount by completing a puzzle.

stages.png

006.jpg

027.jpg

034.jpg

BV_003.jpg

• Love 9

god i wanted this sooo badly back in the day and i never got it:wontcry_tears_crying_sad: it’s one of the few dvds I don’t have if not the only one:wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

it’s my fav documentary along with For The Record but looking back she looks kind of tired and sad as it was the end of the Britney era and she was still going through the break up with Justin

• 11 months later...

I really want this book (and possibly DVD) now for Christmas to celebrate her being free!

Can anyone give me a bit more detail into the products? I'm aware of the documentary DVD as I've seen it on YouTube. But my understanding is people are selling it on ebay as:

- just the book

- book + dvd

- Japanese addition of either (I'm assuming that contains the bonus footage of her in Japan)

Anyone know if the Japanese edition of the book is still printed in English? Just debating on the best version to get (UK shipping)

Sorry to bump an old thread but thought I'd try here first before creating a new one

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/14/2021 at 1:09 PM, Tear the floor up up said:

I really want this book (and possibly DVD) now for Christmas to celebrate her being free!

Can anyone give me a bit more detail into the products? I'm aware of the documentary DVD as I've seen it on YouTube. But my understanding is people are selling it on ebay as:

- just the book

- book + dvd

- Japanese addition of either (I'm assuming that contains the bonus footage of her in Japan)

Anyone know if the Japanese edition of the book is still printed in English? Just debating on the best version to get (UK shipping)

Sorry to bump an old thread but thought I'd try here first before creating a new one

Thank you

this is all I could find, I would guess it's still on English even if it's the Japanese version?

• Love 1