Unpopular Opinion... I love Camila Cabello and her music

I like Camila, she has a lot of potential, I just find her annoying hah, I feel like she has this unhinged teenage energy, which is so exhausting to me...

BUT this is amazing, I think it's her best song and video:

I like this one too:

But don't be afraid to voice your opinions, this is a music forum after all, so we should be able to. Besides, you're being positive towards her. What is awful is to campaign against someone, like 95% of Exhale is against Katy Perry. I swear I do my best not to decapitate Beyoncé and Taylor, which I think are extremely overrated (and one is a pathological narcissistic, and the other one is a rich egocentric brat-----OK I tried it.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, waynebradybyday said:

That's interesting. I think the complete opposite. I think she's very authentic. I think Camila has always been pretty clear about who she is and her struggles. Her music is very emo, dark and she sings/talks a lot about her demons.

Yes I definitely agree with this! Im curious how you feel about her racist past? I feel like she has grown and matured a lot and has tried to be vulnerable with her fans about her struggles. She also advocates a lot for mental health.

1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

I like Camila, she has a lot of potential, I just find her annoying hah, I feel like she has this unhinged teenage energy, which is so exhausting to me...

BUT this is amazing, I think it's her best song and video:

I like this one too:

But don't be afraid to voice your opinions, this is a music forum after all, so we should be able to. Besides, you're being positive towards her. What is awful is to campaign against someone, like 95% of Exhale is against Katy Perry. I swear I do my best not to decapitate Beyoncé and Taylor, which I think are extremely overrated (and one is a pathological narcissistic, and the other one is a rich egocentric brat-----OK I tried it.

Thank you for sharing! I agree... I really hate how the internet tears people down and rips them to shreds. There are many celebrities and artists that I do not like and feel are not great people, but I don't have the energy or the desire to rip them apart on the internet. Like I feel really disappointed in Lea Michele and I definitely don't support her anymore, but I'm not going to get on the internet and start making fun of her looks and call her horrible things. Especially being a huge fan of Britney Spears and seeing what fame did to her and how the world turned against her sometimes... I feel like us britney fans would have a little more empathy or understanding for others after seeing what she has gone through. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, waynebradybyday said:

I disagree, but its all good. I see where you're coming from. She IS weird AND quirky, and not in a likable way like Britney, I agree on that. That's my criticism of her, she doesn't seem to be comfortable, and so she acts extra and weird, to me that's okay. She's young, she'll find herself.

I really liked her performance for her father. I think its one of the best and most authentic songs off Romance.

I actually think Shawn is more into her than she is into him. He's been creeping on her since IKWYDLS.

Normani has had positive things to say about her. I mean, considering where all her former bandmates are in their careers (with the exception of Normani) I wouldn't take their opinion as an objective analysis.

I appreciate y'all having a respectful disagreement on here! 

I thought that performance for her father was really touching haha. 

I agree with you about Camila acting weird and goofy because she isn't comfortable. I get like that a lot, especially if there is a lot of attention on me. It can be uncomfortable to have all the focus on yourself and I feel like her way of dealing with that discomfort is by acting silly and self-deprecating... which I actually find cute. lol

13 hours ago, E.E. said:

Yes I definitely agree with this! Im curious how you feel about her racist past? I feel like she has grown and matured a lot and has tried to be vulnerable with her fans about her struggles. She also advocates a lot for mental health.

I say, it was in the past, she was young, let her grow and give her the opportunity to mature. I think she has a lot of potential. She could've easily avoided it completely, and not reference her past comments/Tumblr at all. It could've been a career killer, so I think it says a lot that she kind of spoke about it in her own way, even though it wasn't direct. I am a more forgiving person though. I can understand people that just don't like her and that was the final straw.

• Love 1