Unpopular Opinion... I love Camila Cabello and her music

E.E.

I like Camila, she has a lot of potential, I just find her annoying hah, I feel like she has this unhinged teenage energy, which is so exhausting to me...

BUT this is amazing, I think it's her best song and video:

I like this one too:

But don't be afraid to voice your opinions, this is a music forum after all, so we should be able to. Besides, you're being positive towards her. What is awful is to campaign against someone, like 95% of Exhale is against Katy Perry. I swear I do my best not to decapitate Beyoncé and Taylor, which I think are extremely overrated (and one is a pathological narcissistic, and the other one is a rich egocentric brat-----OK I tried it.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, waynebradybyday said:

That's interesting. I think the complete opposite. I think she's very authentic. I think Camila has always been pretty clear about who she is and her struggles. Her music is very emo, dark and she sings/talks a lot about her demons.

Yes I definitely agree with this! Im curious how you feel about her racist past? I feel like she has grown and matured a lot and has tried to be vulnerable with her fans about her struggles. She also advocates a lot for mental health.

1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

I like Camila, she has a lot of potential, I just find her annoying hah, I feel like she has this unhinged teenage energy, which is so exhausting to me...

BUT this is amazing, I think it's her best song and video:

I like this one too:

But don't be afraid to voice your opinions, this is a music forum after all, so we should be able to. Besides, you're being positive towards her. What is awful is to campaign against someone, like 95% of Exhale is against Katy Perry. I swear I do my best not to decapitate Beyoncé and Taylor, which I think are extremely overrated (and one is a pathological narcissistic, and the other one is a rich egocentric brat-----OK I tried it.

Thank you for sharing! I agree... I really hate how the internet tears people down and rips them to shreds. There are many celebrities and artists that I do not like and feel are not great people, but I don't have the energy or the desire to rip them apart on the internet. Like I feel really disappointed in Lea Michele and I definitely don't support her anymore, but I'm not going to get on the internet and start making fun of her looks and call her horrible things. Especially being a huge fan of Britney Spears and seeing what fame did to her and how the world turned against her sometimes... I feel like us britney fans would have a little more empathy or understanding for others after seeing what she has gone through. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Giov_a said:

I remember she didn't want the label to release "She loves control" then started a long list of poor single choices. She is good but needs to let her team take care of the music choices. She lost GP interest.

Interesting! I didn't know that.

4 hours ago, waynebradybyday said:

I disagree, but its all good. I see where you're coming from. She IS weird AND quirky, and not in a likable way like Britney, I agree on that. That's my criticism of her, she doesn't seem to be comfortable, and so she acts extra and weird, to me that's okay. She's young, she'll find herself.

I really liked her performance for her father. I think its one of the best and most authentic songs off Romance.

I actually think Shawn is more into her than she is into him. He's been creeping on her since IKWYDLS.

Normani has had positive things to say about her. I mean, considering where all her former bandmates are in their careers (with the exception of Normani) I wouldn't take their opinion as an objective analysis.

I appreciate y'all having a respectful disagreement on here! 

I thought that performance for her father was really touching haha. 

I agree with you about Camila acting weird and goofy because she isn't comfortable. I get like that a lot, especially if there is a lot of attention on me. It can be uncomfortable to have all the focus on yourself and I feel like her way of dealing with that discomfort is by acting silly and self-deprecating... which I actually find cute. lol

9 hours ago, E.E. said:

I feel like us britney fans would have a little more empathy or understanding for others after seeing what she has gone through. 

EXACTLY! And even as part of the LGBTQ community, who gets treated unfairly many times. But no, we're the opposite, the most judgmental of all.

13 hours ago, E.E. said:

Yes I definitely agree with this! Im curious how you feel about her racist past? I feel like she has grown and matured a lot and has tried to be vulnerable with her fans about her struggles. She also advocates a lot for mental health.

I say, it was in the past, she was young, let her grow and give her the opportunity to mature. I think she has a lot of potential. She could've easily avoided it completely, and not reference her past comments/Tumblr at all. It could've been a career killer, so I think it says a lot that she kind of spoke about it in her own way, even though it wasn't direct. I am a more forgiving person though. I can understand people that just don't like her and that was the final straw.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block