Unpopular Opinion... I love Camila Cabello and her music

E.E.

I loved her first era. That album seriously has no skips for me.

But this past era she had was boring and lacked creativity. The songs were really just OK.

As for her racist past, I can't look at her the same way if that makes sense?

But I also think that cancelling her for tumblr posts from 2013 in 2019 is really weird and counterproductive.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Groundbreaking said:

Has she really grown a lot or is her career as an activist just a PR?

Whatever her personality is, I admit that Shameless is a bop. 

I really want to believe it's not just for PR. I follow her on IG and she has been consistently spreading messages of love and equality for a long time. She also went to BLM protest in Florida with her mom and boyfriend, which she didn't post about and try to draw attention to herself. I could be completely wrong... but I want to believe that she has changed. Obviously if news surfaced that a person working with her or someone else came out with a story about how she was racist and disrespectful towards them (like Lea Michele) during her career, I definitely would not support her. Every time I watch an interview or see her interact with fans, she always seems very sweet and goofy.

• Love 2

Thank you everyone for engaging in a respectful conversation with me about Camila. I completely understand if you choose not to support her for whatever reason. It's nice to discuss different opinions. 

I don't think we should just ignore her past racist behavior and I hope that one day she will speak more candidly about it and share why she acted that way in the first place and how she has changed.

• Love 2

I just can't get into her. I hated 5th Harmony on X-Factor - they were never great on that show. They sounded like Kids Bop and their performances were made for Disney Channel (remember Anything Could Happen with that stupid big bow and the tea party and the servers were butterflies? Stupid.). That kind of carried over into their time as a recording group. They had some okay songs but they were never memorable.

Camilla specifically has a terrible voice. She tries to sing like Mariah with her runs and stuff but she always sounds awful. It's forced and whiny and squeaky. She also had some okay songs but I seriously can't believe they became huge hits.

The major bomb for me though was that she's a blatant racist. I just can't get behind that no matter who it is or how talented the artist is. I'm very disappointed that people swept this under the rug and continue to support her. I don't see how we could do that after the BLM movement I mean it's almost 2021 and people are still conveniently forgetting the horrible things she did. It's despicable.

Oh and I don't believe her relationship with Shawn Mendes is real. It looks too forced like it's for publicity. If I had to give Camilla one word it would be "annoying."

• Like 1

I always loved Camila. I knew she was gonna be the first one to go solo. She had a signature style that stood out while in Fifth Harmony... Demi called it. I don't think the other girls should be counted out. I think they had something special as a group. I'm still hoping the other girls are able to achieve longevity in the industry. I think they just had the wrong team behind them.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, PrettyGorl said:

She’s inauthentic in just about every way. But I’ll give her credit for being able to sing like her records.

but the truth always comes out. She got caught.

That's interesting. I think the complete opposite. I think she's very authentic. I think Camila has always been pretty clear about who she is and her struggles. Her music is very emo, dark and she sings/talks a lot about her demons.

• Love 2

She has a voice and somewhat of a stage presence...but for me she's a one hit wonder :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Maybe if she sells out a world arena tour I might change my mind. But to have this kind of tour you need lots of hits and best selling albums :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Maybe if she breaks up with Shawn to promote her next album she will get good sales :walkonby_britney_sunglasses_walking_oh_hi_smile:

• Love 2
3 hours ago, waynebradybyday said:

That's interesting. I think the complete opposite. I think she's very authentic. I think Camila has always been pretty clear about who she is and her struggles. Her music is very emo, dark and she sings/talks a lot about her demons.

Go watch that performance at the award show where she uncomfortably sings to her dad for the “awww” factor but it’s just creepy and weird. She’s weird. But not in a likable way like Britney. Plus she’s got that phony pr relationship she shoves down our throats. Not that it’s all her idea, but she agrees to it. And ALL her former band mates hate her? I guess it’s possible they’re all jealous but when SO many ppl don’t like a person it’s usually for a legitimate reason. The racism was the final straw.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PrettyGorl said:

Go watch that performance at the award show where she uncomfortably sings to her dad for the “awww” factor but it’s just creepy and weird. She’s weird. But not in a likable way like Britney. Plus she’s got that phony pr relationship she shoves down our throats. Not that it’s all her idea, but she agrees to it. And ALL her former band mates hate her? I guess it’s possible they’re all jealous but when SO many ppl don’t like a person it’s usually for a legitimate reason. The racism was the final straw.

I disagree, but its all good. I see where you're coming from. She IS weird AND quirky, and not in a likable way like Britney, I agree on that. That's my criticism of her, she doesn't seem to be comfortable, and so she acts extra and weird, to me that's okay. She's young, she'll find herself.

I really liked her performance for her father. I think its one of the best and most authentic songs off Romance.

I actually think Shawn is more into her than she is into him. He's been creeping on her since IKWYDLS.

Normani has had positive things to say about her. I mean, considering where all her former bandmates are in their careers (with the exception of Normani) I wouldn't take their opinion as an objective analysis.

39 minutes ago, waynebradybyday said:

I disagree, but its all good. I see where you're coming from. She IS weird AND quirky, and not in a likable way like Britney, I agree on that. That's my criticism of her, she doesn't seem to be comfortable, and so she acts extra and weird, to me that's okay. She's young, she'll find herself.

I really liked her performance for her father. I think its one of the best and most authentic songs off Romance.

I actually think Shawn is more into her than she is into him. He's been creeping on her since IKWYDLS.

Normani has had positive things to say about her. I mean, considering where all her former bandmates are in their careers (with the exception of Normani) I wouldn't take their opinion as an objective analysis.

Shawn is fey, doll :cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block