Unpopular Opinion... I love Camila Cabello and her music

E.E.

She’s an OK pop star. I see why people like her. But to me honestly something fake comes off of her performances. Either she’s trying to hard or she’s not doing the right type of performance for her.

Music is alright i have nothing against her. Just when i see her on award shows and such, it seems forced in a way.. I’m not sure really how to say it.

But it’s good there’s still pop stars coming out, pop music isn’t finished yet.

• Love 1
On 12/6/2020 at 9:02 PM, E.E. said:

I know she has a racist past, but I think she has grown a lot since then and has become an activist for many social and political issues including BLM, LGBT rights and climate change. She has also done some work encouraging the latino community to vote for Biden.

Has she really grown a lot or is her career as an activist just a PR?

Whatever her personality is, I admit that Shameless is a bop. 

I like her in a lot of ways. Truth is, in my opinion, people have no reason not to like her except for her racist posts. Even then, its an excuse to drag her down. She didn't even have to comment on it, but she did own up to it and apologize.

Fifth Harmony wouldn't have achieved their level of success without her. I also love Normani, but Camila drew the most attention to the group and producers were right to have her sing lead. Their breakout was when she was the clear lead on Sledgehammer.

She was also right to leave the group when she did. She had massive success and is already working on album #3, while the others are still working on a debut (if they're even lucky to get that).

She's released some good songs and I think she has a lot of potential that isn't fully realized yet. I'm willing to forgive her racist comments, because they were in the past and I have no reason to believe she hasn't grown from her mistake.

My criticism of her is that I think she's unnecessarily extra and goofy in her interviews. I think someone needs to tell her that its okay to be quiet, and yourself. You don't need to be extra for people to like you. Just be quiet, sweet, seductive and cute, its a little mysterious and makes people more interested. I mean, I think thats what works for her at least.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block