Unpopular Opinion... I love Camila Cabello and her music

E.E.

This is probably POINTLESS for me to post, but I had an urge to do it anyway. Haha.

I posted this comment on another post about Camila, but I thought I'd share it as a new post... wanted to hear y'alls thoughts.

I'm actually am a huge fan of Camila Cabello! I've always thought there was something special about her ever since she started on X-factor. I think she has a very beautiful and unique voice. She's also an INCREDIBLE performer... She definitely doesn't have the same dance skills as Britney, but she always delivers during award shows, concerts and in music videos. She has an amazing stage presence and I always feel her passion and energy when she performs. 

I know she has a racist past, but I think she has grown a lot since then and has become an activist for many social and political issues including BLM, LGBT rights and climate change. She has also done some work encouraging the latino community to vote for Biden.

She seems really cute, funny and humble IMO. I've seen behind the scene clips of her while she was in Fifth Harmony interacting with her group members and fans and always seemed really nice and silly. I feel like she tries not to take herself too seriously and has a self-deprecating sense of humor, which I am drawn to. Her personality reminds me of Britney's in a way. 

These are a few of my fav performances from her if any of y'all care to watch!

Alright... I'm ready to be dragged. britney spears basketball GIFcc-love.jpg.a8ad1a275327eca93f6f6e99763f4ccd.jpg

Related:

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, GMFlop said:

You're racist. 

haha! I was waiting for that response! I definitely do not support Camila's past racist behavior and it really bothered me when all of that news started coming out about her, but I feel like she is doing a lot to show how she has educated herself and show support for the black community. 

I definitely don't think I'm racist. Part of my family is black and hispanic. I totally support the BLM and want equal rights and better protection for black people. 

16 minutes ago, Midnight said:

I think she's really pretty but I personally dom't find her music interesting. 

That Living Proof performance is good :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

Yeah that’s totally understandable! Everyone has their own taste in music. I’m loving the Barbie gif!

• Love 1

I understand where you are coming from and I also felt that she had the “X-Factor” and still does BUT she kind of did this to herself :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

I agree on all of your points and was rooting for her but...:eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

Anyway, I have to confess that after I deleted her discography from my library...I listened to some songs again :janet_jackson_chewing_eating_food: 

Does this make me an awful person? Maybe. Will I be tuning into her next projects? Probably not :walkonby_britney_sunglasses_walking_oh_hi_smile:  

• Haha 2
22 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I understand where you are coming from and I also felt that she had the “X-Factor” and still does BUT she kind of did this to herself :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

I agree on all of your points and was rooting for her but...:eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

Anyway, I have to confess that after I deleted her discography from my library...I listened to some songs again :janet_jackson_chewing_eating_food: 

Does this make me an awful person? Maybe. Will I be tuning into her next projects? Probably not :walkonby_britney_sunglasses_walking_oh_hi_smile:  

Yeah I hear you... I had a moment where I felt like I couldn't support her anymore, but I truly believe that she has educated herself and become more open-minded. I wonder if she had a racist upbringing and ever since she entered the entertainment business she has become more accepting and understanding. This is just me hoping that she has really changed and wanting to believe that she's a better person now. 

41 minutes ago, Style. said:

I think she has a cute little vibe, but her discography and persona are forgettable. Still, she’s way better than her band mates. 

Yeah that might be true about her discography. I'm really looking forward to whenever Normani releases an album. That girl is an insanely talented performer and has a lovely voice. Her song "Waves" is so sick! 

48 minutes ago, Stefani said:

The fact that some of y'all would excuse her racist past just because she has a few cute bops and a pretty face. :nydisgust_miss_new_york_tiffany_gross_pollard_ew: Then again some people here stan Doja Cat too, so I'm not surprised. You do you.

They gave Noah a pass cos candace is a Republican and actually had racism done to her. 

To be fair,  the black community are learning fast, that white people only care about them when it's convenient,  to not hold Noah to a standard cos she's liberal,  this proofs candace is telling the truths. 

If noah was conservative she would be cancelled.  But, its forgiven cos Candace is a Republican who's being told she deserves the stuff being said it her. 

42 minutes ago, Stefani said:

The fact that some of y'all would excuse her racist past just because she has a few cute bops and a pretty face. :nydisgust_miss_new_york_tiffany_gross_pollard_ew: Then again some people here stan Doja Cat too, so I'm not surprised. You do you.

I definitely don't think we should just ignore her racist past, but I do believe people change and grow. I think Camila has a good heart and treats people with a lot of kindness and respect from what I've seen and heard about her. I would definitely never excuse the behavior of someone like Lea Michele. Many people have come out against her saying how awful and disrespectful she is. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block