Kylie Minogue Released the epic dance ballad "I believe in you"

Spicechinodiva

Parlophone did Kylie dirty, this had a UK #1 hit over it..

But by issuing it December 6, A month after her Second "official" greatest hits album "Ultimate Kylie" but overall 9th. 

A lot of what Kylie called Cash it's happened a lot around this time due to her resurgence to the top of the British Music industry after a close to derailment thx to 94's Kylie Minogue and 1997's Impossible Princess.

Oddly talking to my Australian Kylie friend's. 

If Impossible Princess actually bombed, Mushroom would have dropped her, the Success that album in Australia had (Due to its very Silver Chair and Rock influence) helped it become her most successful project in her native country. 

She, and everybody at Mushroom knew her doing pop music, was not cool in Australia and it was seen as a dirty word.

But her returning to her trademark dance pop roots actually brought her back to prominece in the UK. 

And for the last 20 years actually was more successful than her PWL Era. 

Although one Album 2014's "Kiss me once" can be seen as both an artistic and commercial disaster, but most blame Roc Nation and Jay Z for not understanding Kylie and her artistry overall. 

Never the less, this peaked at #3, due to ultimate Kylie Being out for a month and already achieving double platinum status there.

Another single that was a #1 potential would have a similar fate 2010's All the lovers". Single in cd format came out the same day as Aphrodite. 

So a lot of mistakes on Parlophone's parts was just beginning. 

This would be wrong lead singles in particular 2 Hearts, might have worked for Australia, but not the UK, in my arms should have been the UK lead single and 2 Hearts should have stayed an album track. 

Never the less, Kylie found a gay best friend, thx to frequent Collaborator Jake Shears of American band Scissor Sisters, even Stuart Price said those two working on Too Much, was fun, I mean fun, like they would write and just stop and be like girls behaving badly when they should be working, in order to get the track done cos of Calvin's deadline. 

We had to separate them,  to get the track done. 

By that, Jake had to turn his portions of the songwriting from his house by E Mail. 

It peaked at #3 in the US Billboard dance club Charts.

Nominated for a Grammy in the best dance recording but lost to the Chemical brothers who holds the record for the most wins in this category (12). 

Kylie herself is no longer eligible since the academy changed the rules, to DJS and dance bands only, not pop stars at their frivolous moment's which was the original vision of this category 

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived