This Day In Pop: Lindsay Lohan's A Little More Personal (Raw) album turns 15

• Content Curators
1 minute ago, LaLohan said:

Thanks Sasha :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

tumblr_mg44lkvcqu1rn39b8o1_400.gifv

This feels shady :beyfedup_beyonce_sunglasses_fed_up_annoyed_ok_wow_smh: but I'm gonna let it slide because were celebrating one of your two masterpieces :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: 

Spoiler

:shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Spoiler

:queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Spoiler

you see how I really didn't let that slide :liberatedaf_beyonce_yellow_lemonade_happy_free_carefree_smile_wind_hold_up:

What's your fave song from your very own materpiece Lilo ? 

• Haha 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

12 minutes ago, Midnight said:

I'm in love with @Slayer right now :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily: 

you can bring the people together LaLohan your dat good giphy.gif

Slayer what's your fave song from this album ?

Not me thinking we always got along until seeing this :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised:

I just judged your questionable Beyoncé standing :wink_britney_everytime_white:

Rumors I love! But I was obsessed with ‘Over’ :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses: so many great songs 

• Love 2
  • Content Curators
2 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Not me thinking we always got along until seeing this :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised:

I just judged your questionable Beyoncé standing :wink_britney_everytime_white:

If you don't like Queen B you don't like me :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

Spoiler

Just kidding :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Midnight said:

This feels shady :beyfedup_beyonce_sunglasses_fed_up_annoyed_ok_wow_smh: but I'm gonna let it slide because were celebrating one of your two masterpieces :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: 

Hide contents

:shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Hide contents

:queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Hide contents

you see how I really didn't let that slide :liberatedaf_beyonce_yellow_lemonade_happy_free_carefree_smile_wind_hold_up:

What's your fave song from your very own materpiece Lilo ? 

Confessions and Edge of Seventeen :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: what's yours my biggest fan?

• Love 1

I love Lindsay's music, but I absolutely HATED this album!

Her music career could have been huge if she didn't pick horrible singles on her first album.

Ultimate and Drama Queen were cute little movie tie in's, but nothing to be taken seriously.

Rumors was friggen FIRE! They really didn't strike fast enough with the album to keep the momentum up.

The the singles from Speak should have been...

Rumors

Speak

To Know Your Name (Probably my favorite song from her)

Nobody Til You

Over

Magnet

Disconnected (It's so underrated)

I don't know what the eff they were think releasing First as a single, it shouldn't have even beebn on the album.

I would have had A Little More Personal (Raw) shelved personally, or made her record with some industry greats to get at LEAST three single worthy songs on the album. Ballads just make for terrible singles if you aren't a ballad artist like Adele or Kelly Clarkson.

Whatever label she was on during the Bossy era were idiots. People were so there for the trainwreck personas of 2007-2010 and Bossy was amazing.

Even more underrated than Bossy was Stuck

Lindsay was sitting on some real gems that her unreliable nature prevented from blowing up!

This was such an in your face track that the world was feeling during that period.

Such a missed opportunity...

She also had some decent album tracks just sitting on the shelf at the time, like Too Young To Die, I Wanna Be Bad, and Can't Stop, Won't Stop.

Back To Me is sooooooo underrated. She suffers because she's really an artist who needs music videos to generate hype.

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
55 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

I literally only like Edge of Seventeen off this album.

:gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised: well at least you like one song.

Spoiler

A cover :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

1 hour ago, Britney'sBish said:

I love Lindsay's music, but I absolutely HATED this album!

Her music career could have been huge if she didn't pick horrible singles on her first album.

Ultimate and Drama Queen were cute little movie tie in's, but nothing to be taken seriously.

Rumors was friggen FIRE! They really didn't strike fast enough with the album to keep the momentum up.

The the singles from Speak should have been...

Rumors

Speak

To Know Your Name (Probably my favorite song from her)

Nobody Til You

Over

Magnet

Disconnected (It's so underrated)

I don't know what the eff they were think releasing First as a single, it shouldn't have even beebn on the album.

I would have had A Little More Personal (Raw) shelved personally, or made her record with some industry greats to get at LEAST three single worthy songs on the album. Ballads just make for terrible singles if you aren't a ballad artist like Adele or Kelly Clarkson.

Whatever label she was on during the Bossy era were idiots. People were so there for the trainwreck personas of 2007-2010 and Bossy was amazing.

Even more underrated than Bossy was Stuck

Lindsay was sitting on some real gems that her unreliable nature prevented from blowing up!

This was such an in your face track that the world was feeling during that period.

Such a missed opportunity...

She also had some decent album tracks just sitting on the shelf at the time, like Too Young To Die, I Wanna Be Bad, and Can't Stop, Won't Stop.

Back To Me is sooooooo underrated. She suffers because she's really an artist who needs music videos to generate hype.

I actually really love this album because it stepped away the the typical type of music you would expect from a disney pop star. I mean the album isn't anything groundbreaking or new but the fact that Lindsay was doing something completetly dark and emotional was very interesting for me. 

I love the fact that she was willing to be edgier than the other pop girls of her time (Hilary Duff, etc.) Even though she didn't really have the capacity to perform these songs live I appreciate the fact that she was still willing to risk and put out something deeper and more meaningful. 

Yes Rumors is a bop :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses: I love all the songs from Speak as well, it's a great album that I still enjoy ( on purple vinyl ) :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

I think First was the third single wasn't it ? :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white: I just checked and it says it was the third and final single.

1 hour ago, Britney'sBish said:

I get what you mean I also did feel that Confessions was not a good choice as a first single. 

Taste I love Bossy too, I agree that song could have been a huge hit, it would have taken her to the next level.

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Midnight said:

:gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised: well at least you like one song.

Hide contents

A cover :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

I actually really love this album because it stepped away the the typical type of music you would expect from a disney pop star. I mean the album isn't anything groundbreaking or new but the fact that Lindsay was doing something completetly dark and emotional was very interesting for me. 

I love the fact that she was willing to be edgier than the other pop girls of her time (Hilary Duff, etc.) Even though she didn't really have the capacity to perform these songs live I appreciate the fact that she was still willing to risk and put out something deeper and more meaningful. 

Yes Rumors is a bop :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses: I love all the songs from Speak as well, it's a great album that I still enjoy ( on purple vinyl ) :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

I think First was the third single wasn't it ? :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white: I just checked and it says it was the third and final single.

I get what you mean I also did feel that Confessions was not a good choice as a first single. 

Taste I love Bossy too, I agree that song could have been a huge hit, it would have taken her to the next level.

Girl did you just gloss over what I said about First?

I said I don't know what they were thinking making it a single because it shouldn't have even been on the album.

That song is Hot Garbage.

I get what you're saying about album #2, but whoever her producers/managers were should have...

1. Understood her vocal capabilities/limits, especially at that point.

2. Understood what people actually wanted from Lindsay.

It's great when "artists" want to explore musically, but you do that for just a couple songs on album, not the whole thing.

That's how you alienate your fan base and it NEVER works for anyone.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block