The Honest Vocal Coach reacts and analyses Britney SITS raw vocal

Mxra

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the honest vocal coach!! Thanks for posting this. Bummer on the effects on the track - guess we should have known. Britney still sounds beautiful on the track to me - hey at least there are some moments of her voice on it! (Side eye towards the album that shall not be named)

Oh God... Why some Brit fans sent this to her Lmfao

Please, stop spreading that filtered mess as "raw vocals", It was extremely (badly) edited. Good that she mentioned melodyne, that was what I thought when I heard the "raw vocals" for the first time.

And yes, It has the "help" of a backing vocal even in this "raw" thing.

Basically, we can barely hear Britney on this track. Drag me If you want... Desperate Housewives Waiting GIF by HULU

1 hour ago, Buffybot said:

Oh God... Why some Brit fans sent this to her Lmfao

Please, stop spreading that filtered mess as "raw vocals", It was extremely (badly) edited. Good that she mentioned melodyne, that was what I thought when I heard the "raw vocals" for the first time.

And yes, It has the "help" of a backing vocal even in this "raw" thing.

Basically, we can't barely hear Britney on this track. Drag me If you want... Desperate Housewives Waiting GIF by HULU

I ain't gonna drag you sis but I can hear her clearly through the whole track. 

Only part I am suspicious about is the DroWwwWWwnnnn...

I do think her vocal was overproduced melodyne but some of y'all were poppin dat punani to "It Should Be Easy" so I don't understand the complaints here lol. :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

At 2:36 onward the bg vocalist is singing along with Brit but she ain't singing lead. This is far from a Britney Jean situation. Honestly I am okay with this. As long as the BG vocalist isn't singing lead there's not a problem on my end.

"Swimming in the stars toniiiighhhhtt"

"oooooh and we'll goooo shimmer in the diamond lights. Oooohhh"

then we hear her again around 2:55 responding to brit 

"When we're swimmin in the stars!!!"

To be honest sometimes its a nice compliment to the song. You can still hear Britney throughout. We had a whole *** chorus featured in her songs in her first albums. This is not a big deal imo.

39 minutes ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

I do think her vocal was overproduced melodyne but some of y'all were poppin dat punani to "It Should Be Easy" so I don't understand the complaints here lol. :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

At 2:36 onward the bg vocalist is singing along with Brit but she ain't singing lead. This is far from a Britney Jean situation. Honestly I am okay with this. As long as the BG vocalist isn't singing lead there's not a problem on my end.

To be honest sometimes its a nice compliment to the song. You can still hear Britney throughout. We had a whole *** chorus featured in her songs in her first albums. This is not a big deal imo.

Nice that you can disagree without dragging, some people here should take some notes from you :wink_britney_everytime_white:

You know, It doesn't bother me Britney having backing vocals or that she doesn't have an Adele or Kelly Clarkson voice, and sometimes the other vocalists compliment the song... I agree.

It Should Be Easy has the strong autotune the whole time, that's kinda the "thing" with that song and It doesn't bother me neither because of that. SITS wants to show us Britney belting and doing a lot with her vocals, It has that mid tempo feel, more calm.

I know Britney vocals always were edited, but in SITS case I just think It was poorly done. It seems an unfinished demo they didn't use for a reason... Now they needed new songs to push the re-release, they picked stuff that didn't have a proper final treatment.

I know Myah wasn't involved with the song and I hope a replacement situation didn't happen, but not gonna lie... I didn't recognize Britney in some parts of the song, maybe was the melodyne, I don't know.

And I think passing that "raw vocals" proof will only give material to people doubt Britney from now on.

7 minutes ago, Buffybot said:

Nice that you can disagree without dragging, some people here should take some lessons from you :wink_britney_everytime_white:

You know, It doesn't bother me Britney having backing vocals or that she doesn't have an Adele or Kelly Clarkson voice, and sometimes the other vocalists compliment the song... I agree.

It Should Be Easy has the strong autotune the whole time, that's kinda the "thing" with that song and It doesn't bother me neither much because of that. SITS wants to show us Britney belting and doing a lot with her vocals, It has that mid tempo feel, more calm.

I know Britney vocals always were edited, but in SITS case I just think It was poorly done. It seems an unfinished demo they didn't use for a reason... Now they needed new song to push the re-release, they pick stuff that didn't have a proper final treatment.

I know Myah wasn't involved with the song and I hope a replacement situation didn't happen, but not gonna lie... I didn't recognize Britney in some parts of the song, maybe was the melodyne, I don't know.

And I think passing that "raw vocals" proof will only give material to people doubt Britney from now on.

Sis I often find myself agreeing with what you're saying. :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing: I believe most times I drag someone on here is when someone is being shady or dragging our girl. Plenty of questionable "fans" here lately, especially with the Glory re-release! But I digress!

You have respectfully stated your opinion on the song and I understand your perspective! Personally, I would love them to completely nix adding any bg vocalist to Britney tracks. I don't think she needs them. I think part of the reason why I loved Glory so much because it was mostly a return to form in that sense. She did a lot of her own bg and the music benefited from it significantly. 

And it sucks that in 2020 we are still having this conversation. I can't personally hold this one against her (:urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:) because as you said, this is an unfinished track. I don't believe Britney herself was scrapping through her unreleased material and decided "Hey, why not give it another shot?" :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: I think we need to see this through the lens of...it was an unfinished track which they polished without Britney's final touch. For what it is I thought they did a great job. They are clearly trying to push it as some sort of ghost single, but we know the sound Britney was going for with Glory. If this song did not make the cut I have to imagine Britney went with MotM because she was feeling it more. We know B put in that work with the album. I am choosing to see this and enjoy this as a nice soothing extra after a barren four years with no new music.

I am hoping that Britney's 2020 sound will be completely different. Personally I noticed that her vocals are a lot more...chirpier on Glory, for a lack of a better term. Its not bad but I wonder if its a stylistic choice or just how her voice has evolved over the years. But still, we haven't actually heard what her voice sounds like now, unless you count those pitched IG videos from a year or two ago. I feel like if she were to work with someone like Finneas (B. Eilish's brother) he would know how to work with her voice. I really do think B10 will sound different than anything we've heard from her in the past.

1 hour ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

At some point it sounds more like a duet then a solo song. But I agree with most parts.

Also I wanna know who requested this ?

Like jfc

44 minutes ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

Sis I often find myself agreeing with what you're saying. :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing: I believe most times I drag someone on here is when someone is being shady or dragging our girl. Plenty of questionable "fans" here lately, especially with the Glory re-release! But I digress!

You have respectfully stated your opinion on the song and I understand your perspective! Personally, I would love them to completely nix adding any bg vocalist to Britney tracks. I don't think she needs them. I think part of the reason why I loved Glory so much because it was mostly a return to form in that sense. She did a lot of her own bg and the music benefited from it significantly. 

And it sucks that in 2020 we are still having this conversation. I can't personally hold this one against her (:urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:) because as you said, this is an unfinished track. I don't believe Britney herself was scrapping through her unreleased material and decided "Hey, why not give it another shot?" :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: I think we need to see this through the lens of...it was an unfinished track which they polished without Britney's final touch. For what it is I thought they did a great job. They are clearly trying to push it as some sort of ghost single, but we know the sound Britney was going for with Glory. If this song did not make the cut I have to imagine Britney went with MotM because she was feeling it more. We know B put in that work with the album. I am choosing to see this and enjoy this as a nice soothing extra after a barren four years with no new music.

I am hoping that Britney's 2020 sound will be completely different. Personally I noticed that her vocals are a lot more...chirpier on Glory, for a lack of a better term. Its not bad but I wonder if its a stylistic choice or just how her voice has evolved over the years. But still, we haven't actually heard what her voice sounds like now, unless you count those pitched IG videos from a year or two ago. I feel like if she were to work with someone like Finneas (B. Eilish's brother) he would know how to work with her voice. I really do think B10 will sound different than anything we've heard from her in the past.

Yes I don't think she needs the bg vocalists so bad, or at least they should hide them more. But that's something she had since the beginning, maybe producers think her voice is weak and they always say she is "fast" to record, however I don't know If It's a good thing because they can't do much with only one take... If I remember correctly "it's Britney *****" idea came from a producer after Britney left the studio and didn't come back lol.

I like her vocals on Glory for the most part but I think the baby voice was a struggle. She can't sing properly anymore doing that voice, so It was good she didn't do that ALL the time, but she also was high pitched to the Max for certain parts.

It's sad, but we only have two real examples of Britney singing without any effects, from 2017, happy birthday and something to talk about lol.

I liked her voice singing live, even tho you can tell It lacks training, It cracks, the baby voice stills pops from time to time and she was tired.

I hope for B10 more clear vocals, and almost non baby voice (I don't think It will ever go away completely). Britney real voice can't fit overproduced pop, she has a moody voice, I don't know how to explain lol... That'd be an incredible change for her.

1 hour ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

This. It's not an inherently bad thing to hear a background vocalist on a song. It can be a stylistic thing and not all singers do their own backing vocals, although Britney is usually on them a lot more than she is on this song.

What's that about what the honest vocal coach said about fans saying Britney didn't finish the song and it's from a demo and all that. Where is everyone getting that from? What's the source? I'm curious.

Archived