This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases 'Born to Make You Happy' in 1999 (December 06)

4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

because they released From the Bottom of My Broken Heart instead, just a few days later lol

I don't know why they decided to do it that way though, or why those songs. I also think it's funny both songs kinda have a similar theme.

Tbh, I feel like other songs could've been more popular, like Autumn Goodbye, Deep in My Heart, even Thinkin' About You or I Will Be There. There's also Soda Pop, which was included in the Pokémon Movie soundtrack, which had just debuted on the Billboard charts at #8 in late November. Pokémon and Britney were huge at the time, a Britney song to promote the Pokémon movie would've been epic :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving: instead they released that lame M2M track.

I Will Be There / Born To Make You Happy would be even better :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Like 1