Just Yesterday

MikeMasi

I was listening to this today and I really appreciate how raw and authentic Britney sounds in this track. 

The song is not heavily edited with autotune. As much as I love SITS, it's very much that. 

Was this song written by her and do you think she was behind this fully?

Britney's voice and a guitar behind her is just a prefect combination. 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

Is it just me or does the guitar have the same melody or whatever it’s called as Chillin With You? I have always found the instrumental/guitars very similar. I wonder if that was intentional 

It's just you, they are different key and have very different chord progression. Maybe it's the way the guitar is strummed that makes them sound similar  :eyes_britney_laugh:

But about the song, it was uploaded on her website (and it was titled "for my sister" in 2006 with rebellion snippet and if I recall correctly were supposed to be included in her next album. Both of these songs were indeed written by Britney herself (with additional writing credits from Jeff Joseph on rebellion) so yes these were songs Britney herself wanted to do alongside with Mona Lisa and many others that were scrapped. :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

Britney was allegedly unhappy how ITZ turned out since most of the recorded material ended up being scrapped and JIVE chose all the singles for the album so she started her "rebellion" and recorded songs like these that were not very pop-ish and/or had a lot of double entendres and just direct middle fingers to JIVE. Too bad most of them remain unleaked. 

Archived