Britney's "Swimming In The Stars" was streamed 557,863 times on Spotify yesterday and has now reached over 1 million streams on Spotify

cool. let's keep this thread updated if possible.

itunes doesn't matter at all at this point, it's all about streaming numbers. nice to see her on some popular playlists, now lets see if that translates into decent charting numbers. if they put her on top of all these playlists and her stream numbers STILL suck, thats gonna be really unfortunate honestly.

• Love 5

I like it (probably because it's Britney in general) but most of the people I know and have talked to about it, give it a listen and the first thing is how overproduced it is and her autotuned voice. I listened to Matches earlier today and honestly, I don't think it needs to be on the radio. Either of them. I love Britney but this should have waited. I'm grateful for it but  just doesn't feel right when I listen to it. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Needleney said:

Am I the only one who doesnt like the song at all? :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

It’s not just you.... I like it because it’s Britney but my husband and a few of my friends who usually like Britney have made comments about how it’s overproduced and a bit dated. I listen to it with the knowledge that it’s a four year old reject with amazing cover art but I don’t think it’s a song that’s winning her any new fans....

but who knows! Maybe some ppl will love it. Clearly a lot of ppl here do. 

Hi all. I was wondering if any of you would se willing to explain some things to me. I'm afraid that streaming this song (however good song) will just fill James' pockets. Therefore he'll have more money to fight Britney, right? Also, didn't Britney herself state (not long ago) that she won't be working as long as her dad is in charge? Now we get reissued album with "new" cover, photoshoot etc. This whole situation is just weird to me. Anyone here willing to explain things to me? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Groundbreaking said:

Hi all. I was wondering if any of you would se willing to explain some things to me. I'm afraid that streaming this song (however good song) will just fill James' pockets. Therefore he'll have more money to fight Britney, right? Also, didn't Britney herself state (not long ago) that she won't be working as long as her dad is in charge? Now we get reissued album with "new" cover, photoshoot etc. This whole situation is just weird to me. Anyone here willing to explain things to me? 

Hey :)

Well she didn't have to do any recent work for this, she recorded the song many years ago. So there has been zero 'work' from her since those court documents. Plus Britney said she would not perform.

Bessemer are involved so will be overseeing her finances so i'm sure they'd detect any shady business. I think people need to remember that even if a select few fans don't stream/buy this the GP and many other people will continue to stream her classic hits and she'll still be getting money either way. We all need to remember Britney needs to pay for these legal costs too..

Plus many insiders have been saying it was Britney's idea to do this - I would personally like more evidence of this but we know how much she loves Glory and we saw how happy she was earlier in the year when Mood Ring & Glory did well on iTunes! Which then led her saying she asked a new cover was made for Glory.

However, after saying the above I respect people if they wish to boycott - that's totally up to them aslong as they are respectful to those who do not boycott :)

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Plus Britney said she would not perform.

Alright, thanks for correction.

6 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Well she didn't have to do any recent work for this, she recorded the song many years ago. So there has been zero 'work' from her since those court documents.

I know. My point was that she/her team releases reissued album in these times. It can really be her idea. Finally release Glory as it was supposed to be released. I just like to see more evidence though.

Anyway, thank you for respectful discussion. It's rare to see it these days. :wink_britney_everytime_white:

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Slayer said:

It's done well for zero promotion or Britney properly acknowledging it - plus it was never likely to do well during this Christmas period where the charts are dominated withe Christmas music.

Another big factor is this just being a bonus track to a four year old album and no promotion for it. It's done great already for what the song is.

I'd LOVE a video :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: 

I even think a cute home-made video of her in her garden by the pool at night having fun would be amazing!

Instead we'd probably just get a video of her standing around putting on her perfumes and playing with smurfs haha jkjk

Ya even a cute homemade video with be sweet. Or a Mermaidney video

• Love 1

I'm sorry to fans like @OnlyBeyonce who feel this impacts Britney in anyway - it doesn't since this will make money for her label more than anything else. Remember money for Pop stars come from touring they don't get a lot of money from music distribution unless there fully independent.

Also Britney said shes not performing which shes not, but supporting this song is what alot of fans like myself and i imagine like @Slayer feel they can do that shows support for Britney.

Whilst Britney doesn't "seem" to care at the moment, can you imagine how she would feel if none of her fans actually supported anything with her name on? Shes may not "care" at the moment but this is still her "job and craft" and by supporting this song we are showing that Britney has still got it, despite what naysayers say.

Enjoy the new release of songs recorded in 2016, i'm sure Britney will understand!

gif LOL britney spears dating gma ariaulaarikae •

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Alestaos said:

I'm sorry to fans like @OnlyBeyonce who feel this impacts Britney in anyway - it doesn't since this will make money for her label more than anything else. Remember money for Pop stars come from touring they don't get a lot of money from music distribution unless there fully independent.

Also Britney said shes not performing which shes not, but supporting this song is what alot of fans like myself and i imagine like @Slayer feel they can do that shows support for Britney.

Whilst Britney doesn't "seem" to care at the moment, can you imagine how she would feel if none of her fans actually supported anything with her name on? Shes may not "care" at the moment but this is still her "job and craft" and by supporting this song we are showing that Britney has still got it, despite what naysayers say.

Enjoy the new release of songs recorded in 2016, i'm sure Britney will understand!

gif LOL britney spears dating gma ariaulaarikae •

spread your wisdom, sister :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

• Love 2