Shania Twain posts about "great memories" writing "Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know" for Britney Spears

7 minutes ago, AGUILEGEND IS A QUEEN said:

Dear Diary is gorgeous. Sounds like a Daydreamriah song ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

My friends and I discussed the stems of swimming in the stars. And we all agree. She doesn't need Auto tune. 

T Boz and Chilli don't do it,and we all know when Chilli hits a bad note (Take our time), so why should britney, just because it's common practice doesn't mean it's necessary. 

Cher did it for a vocal effect, I don't think it was intended to be used for what it's being used for at all. 

Just now, Spicechinodiva said:

My friends and I discussed the stems of swimming in the stars. And we all agree. She doesn't need Auto tune. 

T Boz and Chilli don't do it,and we all know when Chilli hits a bad note (Take our time), so why should britney, just because it's common practice doesn't mean it's necessary. 

Cher did it for a vocal effect, I don't think it was intended to be used for what it's being used for at all. 

It’s because Britney is afraid to show vulnerability throughout her art these days ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

Just now, Spicechinodiva said:

That's a lot of Artists today. 

Male or female. 

Not really though ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

if anything artists these days are more candid with their struggles, whether through their art or simply showcasing vulnerability through the media. Artists are less manufactured these days and therefore have more artistic freedom than how it used to be. Plus, there isn’t as much of a stigma with mental health these days compared to say 20 years ago ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

8 minutes ago, AGUILEGEND IS A QUEEN said:

Not really though ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

if anything artists these days are more candid with their struggles, whether through their art or simply showcasing vulnerability through the media. Artists are less manufactured these days and therefore have more artistic freedom than how it used to be. Plus, there isn’t as much of a stigma with mental health these days compared to say 20 years ago ezgif-3-0aa7d516c5d2.gif

True, in 2000, Britney and Xtina were seen as Money Makin machine's. 

These days artists have more control on their image and Such..

I do feel that's the consequences of what led to Michael's downfall and other's being taken advantage at the height and being used up til a derailment or it stopped completely. 

I love insights like this especially from songwriters / producers / directors whom have worked with Britney. 

Shania Twain is a superstar. The fact that she co-wrote “Don’t Let Me Be The Last To Know” is amazing. It’s one of Britney’s strongest vocals. A real gem in her discography.  

• Love 1

Aww thats sweet of her!

Everyone is randomly and sweetly bringing up Brit!  Justin Long put up on an instagram post about filming crossroads with her!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIWjkewJJSn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

He wrote:

"Some “Crossroads” memories...
I remember being slightly nervous to work with Britney Spears - she was such a massive star in 2002 (as she still is). When she introduced herself to me in the makeup trailer, I was disarmed by how sweet and NOT famous she seemed - just a nice girl (not yet a woman) from Louisiana. She immediately made me feel comfortable, as did Tamra Davis (the director) and @shondarhimes (the writer - p.s. what ever happened to HER???) and, despite having a small part, I felt encouraged to play around and improvise a bit - such a great working environment (they even let me blatantly rip off one of my favorite scenes from “Take the money and Run”). I was also excited to work with Eric Edwards who shot some of my favorite Gus Van Sant movies like “My Own Private Idaho” and “To Die For” (we worked together again a few years later on “The Breakup”)
Britney seemed to get exponentially more guarded (totally understandably) whenever we walked off set with her bodyguard “Big something” (my memory is so bad but I remember really liking him - a massive, warm, friendly, terrifying guy). People would clamor to get to her and paparazzi were constantly lurking behind trees, in bushes, etc.
Years later, when the tabloid frenzy surrounding Britney reached a fever pitch, I remember feeling so sorry for her. Nobody deserves to be hounded and harassed like that - least of all a very sweet person - one who behaved kindly towards a young nervous actor who occupied a much lower rung on the hierarchical ladder of that film set.
I also loved the casting directors @kimdaviswag + @justinearteta so much. Justine was such a present + connected reader, she’d make it so much easier to be present and connected yourself.
When I saw the movie, I remember thinking that it looked like I was wearing pantyhose on my head because the makeup people only put makeup on my pasty white face and failed to cover up the rest of my translucent body (probably because it would’ve gotten all over the sheets🤢). Though I personally think it makes Britney’s skin tone look that much nicer - and she was the star, after all, despite not acting like one :)#tbt"

• Love 2